Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: the sticks  (Read 112593 times)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Re: the sticks
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2013, 03:09:58 PM »
Strange .. Haven't got the RAH stick yet which I orderd on May 31st, but the Zwolle stick that I ordered on June 11th did arrive today. have sent them an email about the London stick.
I ordered the RAH stick on the 28th..still not here. Sent them an email and got a reply stating that they actually ran out of sticks to cover the crush from the orders from the 27th show..and that it would be shipped the next day. Still not here... :disbelief

Got the same reply today (sent them an email yesterday) ... did get a link, so will finally listen to the May 27th concert in a few minutes ! According to them the RAH sticks were sent out starting the day before yesterday !
Lucky you Stefan..at least you got a link! :thumbsup It seems to me that this company drastically underestimated the volume of orders they would receive from the RAH show. The sticks were a fantastic idea for the tour..maybe a bit pricey..but I believe that PCM might probably shop around a bit more for a production company with the ability to meet the demand ...for the next tour.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
Strange .. Haven't got the RAH stick yet which I orderd on May 31st, but the Zwolle stick that I ordered on June 11th did arrive today. have sent them an email about the London stick.
I ordered the RAH stick on the 28th..still not here. Sent them an email and got a reply stating that they actually ran out of sticks to cover the crush from the orders from the 27th show..and that it would be shipped the next day. Still not here... :disbelief

Got the same reply today (sent them an email yesterday) ... did get a link, so will finally listen to the May 27th concert in a few minutes ! According to them the RAH sticks were sent out starting the day before yesterday !
Lucky you Stefan..at least you got a link! :thumbsup It seems to me that this company drastically underestimated the volume of orders they would receive from the RAH show. The sticks were a fantastic idea for the tour..maybe a bit pricey..but I believe that PCM might probably shop around a bit more for a production company with the ability to meet the demand ...for the next tour.

I agree that it's a brilliant idea to offer all the concerts "professionally" recorded. And the Fender stick and packaging are fantastic, but, I do think the Simfy option during the Get Lucky tour of having the choice to buy either a souvenir USB stick or a download link for each gig was better value.

A download option this time around, could have helped with the supply problems of the RAH show. I mean how many red fender 4Gb USB sticks does one person really need?
This baker's boy from the West Country

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2013, 09:51:00 AM »
I mean how many red fender 4Gb USB sticks does one person really need?

A few!! ;)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2013, 12:39:34 AM »
 :think I'm no marketing guru, but I would have had at least 6 different guitar sticks made so that folks would be tempted to pick at least six concerts to buy...about 11 shows to choose from for each guitar.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2013, 12:59:56 AM »
 :thumbsup  Yup!  I would love to also have a National, a Les Paul, a Pensa, a Danelectro, etc.  Heck, maybe even a H
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2013, 01:17:55 AM »
Ok..now I should stop complaining...my stick arrived today and the sound is fantastic! Actually...the guitar it self is slightly more detailed than I thought it would be...it's really cool! :thumbsup
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2013, 09:56:10 AM »
They are rather good, but they are just lacking the 'MK' signature on the headstock though ;)

The sound is absolutely awesome and to be honest well worth the wait!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2013, 04:02:40 PM »
A new bunch of reviews from the sticks, by Elian Poupard (Poupystar) :
http://i-was-there.net/2013/06/16/part-27-mk-concerts-cles-usb-de-ljubljana-7-a-newcastle-17/
Sorry , in french...
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2013, 05:39:19 PM »
Received my RAH stick yesterday. The receipt had number 124, total number of sticks sold? Sound is good, bass is maybe a bit muddy in first songs. I have to listen with earphones. I can feel sitting in the first row again. 

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2013, 09:23:12 AM »
Received my RAH stick yesterday. The receipt had number 124, total number of sticks sold? Sound is good, bass is maybe a bit muddy in first songs. I have to listen with earphones. I can feel sitting in the first row again.

Same number on my receipt. Think it's just a product code.

Really enjoyable gig and no problems with the stick (I know some early receivers had problems with a corrupted "Going Home"). One thing, my storage box did not have a sticker on the inside to identify the concert recording, is this unusual?
I'm not complaining as I was wondering how to get a clean guitar case, because I want to put all my Bleecker St recordings onto one stck (I have 6. May get 1 or 2 more if finances allow) and didn't really want to try to peel the sticker off one of the other boxes in case I damaged it.
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »
Returned home from holiday yesterday to a very nice surprise - my usb stick of the RAH show was waiting for me!  I have only had time to listen once, but the sound quality is extremely good and imo much better than the Simfy recordings. 

It was great to re-live the wonderful evening at the RAH with all the fans.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »
My stick is loosing its red painting (tape). Almost as vulnerable as red painting of signature strat.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2013, 11:10:28 AM »
Returned home from holiday yesterday to a very nice surprise - my usb stick of the RAH show was waiting for me!  I have only had time to listen once, but the sound quality is extremely good and imo much better than the Simfy recordings. 

It was great to re-live the wonderful evening at the RAH with all the fans.

I absolutely agree with you regarding the sound quality;  an agreeable listen, if you like!

P.S.  Hope you had a nice break. :wave
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2013, 11:34:41 AM »
My stick is loosing its red painting (tape). Almost as vulnerable as red painting of signature strat.

Wow, that aging process will make your usb Strat more desirable to guitar players. I imagine the tone of the sound on the stick will improve too... :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2013, 12:51:21 PM »

Wow, that aging process will make your usb Strat more desirable to guitar players. I imagine the tone of the sound on the stick will improve too... :)

;D
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 39 queries.