Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: the sticks  (Read 112575 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Re: the sticks
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2013, 10:32:27 PM »
My rating is 1)Caen  2)Dijon  3)Paris  4)Clermont-Ferrand.

I can't say for Rennes, stick arrived only yesterday, didn't listen in full but it sounds nice, at least all the rocking tunes are there.  :thumbsup
Why Clermont-Ferrand so low ? it is the one we attented together with KOG ! :)
Only personal taste and feeling. I was expecting a different set, I couldn't film  :'( , I was annoyed by the bullrace.
No big deal, it remains a great evening and a greater after show  ;D ;) !
Indeed Tunnel !, it was a great night :)
Ah ok, you are more rating your experience as a spectator than the actual performance ;)
I am listening to it now, find that Paragay and Marbletown are wonderful on that show - I replaced London versions with these ones on my favourite playlist...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:16:14 PM by herlock »

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »
I also bought the Rennes stick, but I haven't listened to it yet.
According to Elian alias Poupystar, it was the best french show (of that week).
I'd like to know : which USB stick to buy to have the best version of Submariner ? ??? I read a few times that Stuttgart was the best !
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2013, 01:53:53 AM »
I also bought the Rennes stick, but I haven't listened to it yet.
According to Elian alias Poupystar, it was the best french show (of that week).
I'd like to know : which USB stick to buy to have the best version of Submariner ? ??? I read a few times that Stuttgart was the best !

I guess that can be told when people have ,when ordered , received them all.
And still than it will (shall) be a personal choice  :wave
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2013, 02:07:32 AM »
Only had 2 submariners but the difference between Bad Mergentheim and Stuttgart was really amazing.  Stuttgart by far! better. And I heard from others by far the best from all.

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2013, 02:22:37 AM »
Only had 2 submariners but the difference between Bad Mergentheim and Stuttgart was really amazing.  Stuttgart by far! better. And I heard from others by far the best from all.

Hi Ingrid , you're late , sleepless night ?  ;D

I would love to share your opinion , but can you explain the difference between those two version (shows),
when the difference is really amazing ,as you say, than that shouldn't be a problem .
But really amazing , and far the best of all mentioned by others, is a bit too vague. imho  ;)

Ar

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2013, 02:35:10 AM »
Just dame home 10 minutes ago, so catching up with the forum again ?

The Stuttgart one was:
- more  balanced, it sounded like it grew  into the whole band. Hard to describe. I would have loved to hear it after another 10 shows, I am sure it would have been better again.
- better solo's, both MK and NH
- Bad Mergentheim was a little bit boring as Pottel described it, but he also admitted, although he doesn't like this song very much, that this version was really good
- more energy, more power

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2013, 03:13:24 AM »

The Stuttgart one was:
- more  balanced, it sounded like it grew  into the whole band. Hard to describe. I would have loved to hear it after another 10 shows, I am sure it would have been better again.
- Bad Mergentheim was a little bit boring as Pottel described it, but he also admitted, although he doesn't like this song very much, that this version was really good

yeah I normally catch up in the night when I come home  :lol

thx for your review of these both performances of he song.
I couldn't give a listen to either shows yet, ( I couldn't find or missed a version of them on you tube)
Do you mean that the Stuttgart version was stretched , and that Nigel had room for a solo on his clarinet,
or did he just "repeat" the original tune more powerful  as the days before ?

I definitely agree with you when it comes to playing this song till the last show, unfortunately it wasn't in the set during Nimes,(as you certainly knows ;)
I hope not it was only played for the four last German gigs  :'(

OnlyMe

« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2013, 09:53:16 AM »
Does anyone know if the concert sticks will stay available for purchase after the tour has finished?  Or will they stop selling them immediately after the tour?  :hmm

I'm planning on buying one (or a few) more, but I'd like to wait untill I have a setlist of all concerts, so I can make a choise on what songs I want (I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's planning something like this  :))

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »

The Stuttgart one was:

I couldn't give a listen to either shows yet, ( I couldn't find or missed a version of them on you tube)
Do you mean that the Stuttgart version was stretched , and that Nigel had room for a solo on his clarinet,

I definitely agree with you when it comes to playing this song till the last show, unfortunately it wasn't in the set during Nimes,(as you certainly knows ;)
Yes, it's a shame that the song only were played few times..........your lucky Germans  ;)
The song is a surprise played live.......so beautiful  :clap
One of the best songs ever made by Mark.............and the outstanding track on Privateering  ;D
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2013, 12:41:14 PM »

The Stuttgart one was:

Yes, it's a shame that the song only were played few times..........your lucky Germans  ;)
The song is a surprise played live.......so beautiful  :clap
One of the best songs ever made by Mark.............and the outstanding track on Privateering  ;D
Agree... stunning track and even better live... And now very addictive on my Iphone...
And as far as I am concerned, it is the most expensive song ever for me, as I gave up on everything to go to Stuttgart just to listen to it:
- financially, I had to pay for the concert ticket, the train ticket first class (to be able to work) and one night hotel,
- personally, I had to leave my family at a moment where it was less than appropiate,
- professionnally, I gave up my projet, just trying to make up for it working in the train.

Yet I don't regret anything ! I was there ! for the best of the (only ) 4 times ! :) Thanks again Ingrid who helped me so much...

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #280 on: July 11, 2013, 12:43:28 PM »
My Cologne-stick arrived a few minutes ago! :D

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2013, 12:44:20 PM »
I hope Stuttgart is there when I am back on sundaynight late

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »
And I was offered a great ticket and had to decline for some duty that was - with hindsight - totally unnecessary  :'( :'( :'(
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2013, 01:26:50 PM »
Does anyone know if the concert sticks will stay available for purchase after the tour has finished?  Or will they stop selling them immediately after the tour?  :hmm

I'm planning on buying one (or a few) more, but I'd like to wait untill I have a setlist of all concerts, so I can make a choise on what songs I want (I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's planning something like this  :))

Have just asked the very same question to Guy Fletcher on his forum to see if he may know. :)
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

OnlyMe

« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »
Have just asked the very same question to Guy Fletcher on his forum to see if he may know. :)

Great.  I'll keep an eye out for it on Doc's forum then!  :thumbsup

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 43 queries.