Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 48:2013.07.02, Lanxess Arena, K  (Read 31489 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Concert # 48:2013.07.02, Lanxess Arena, K
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2021, 06:21:53 PM »
A few pics by myself from the Cologne-Show.
Arena, the Hyatt-Hotel, Mark in the terrace-area in front of the hotel and on stage. He didn´t realized that i have taken a photo while he was reading a newspaper and drinking a cup of coffee. Pure Mark, no securities.
That is not Mark. You got someone else.

Mistaken identity!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2021, 07:13:05 PM »
Hmm, are you sure???  :think :think :think :think :think :think

Just compare his hair-cut, the shape of his nose, the cheeks, his shape of lips and the eyebrows with my stage-pics of Mark.  Sure, that scene caused a little bit of rumour on that afternoon in Cologne in front of Hyatt-Hotel, because some other fans were also astonished, like i was

OK, how i became aware of that. I was just sitting in the front of the Hyatt-Hotel, in a small pub-location. I drank an ice-cooled Weizenbier by Erdinger and a few times later a dutch DS Fan with a BIA-T-Shirt and a Guitar came to me and told me, that Mark was sitting in the guest-terrace-area in front of the hotel. I just looked on the left side, and then i have realized it completely. Sure, i had to think about it a little time, but i was personally not really in doubt, that it was Mark himself. I stood up and walked around to detect some other fellow fans, until i came close to the obscure autograph-hunters flock. As i walked closer to the main entrance of Hyatt-Hotel i met some other DS-Fans with big eyes in their faces. Then the Crew-Guy came out of the hotel and told us that it was Mark in person. That´s the story behind my picture. I don´t believe in double-persons in Mark Knopflers case. I´m sure he didn´t need them. Never.

On the other side of the Hotel main entrance were some obsessive autograph-hunters, but not loyal DS MK fans, because they wanted the signatures only, and i have realized, that they had no explicit music-historical background on the subject of Dire Straits. Someone from that group told others, that Mark has doubles, and that is one of his doubles, but i didn´t believe that. Never ever.

A few times later an english guy, possibly from the MK-Crew, came to some of us  fans out of the hotel, and he told us, that it is Mark himself reading a newspaper, no doubt. Then Mark disappeared, but some of the other musicians came out, like Guy Fletcher, Richard Bennett, Jim Cox, Glen Worf and John McCusker. I got some autographs by them, but the strange other autograph-maniacs didn´t want the autographs by the musicians. Strange and not trustworthy, those persons.

Shortly after the meeting with the muscians, i went to the stage-entrance of Lanxess-Arena and at around 3 o clock, the cars arrived there with Mark and the Band. Everything went perfect.
That´s my little report from that concert day.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 07:25:12 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2021, 09:59:38 PM »
That's not MK.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2021, 11:39:32 PM »
I am 200% sure it's not MK.

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2021, 07:25:43 AM »
Hello again. OK thank´s for your estimations. Yes it is very curious, that a person, who looks similar like Mark Knopfler, was sitting in the front of the hotel in Cologne and caused some attention to the appearing fans in front of the hotel. Some people there were of the opinion, that it was Mark and some others said that that man was a double or something like that. Funny anyway.  8)
Curios was the fact, that the group of autograph-hunters, whose i met there, didn´t want to get autographs by the group-members. As i said i met Guy Fletcher, Richard Bennett, Jim Cox and Glen Worf there. :think
We are fools to make war

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2021, 09:40:19 AM »
Hello again. OK thank´s for your estimations. Yes it is very curious, that a person, who looks similar like Mark Knopfler, was sitting in the front of the hotel in Cologne and caused some attention to the appearing fans in front of the hotel. Some people there were of the opinion, that it was Mark and some others said that that man was a double or something like that. Funny anyway.  8)
Curios was the fact, that the group of autograph-hunters, whose i met there, didn´t want to get autographs by the group-members. As i said i met Guy Fletcher, Richard Bennett, Jim Cox and Glen Worf there. :think

This person is, obviously, very aware that he has a passing resemblance to MK and is having a bit of fun causing a ripple of excitement amongst some "fans".   If it had been MK he would almost certainly have been wearing his peaked cap.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2021, 01:49:02 PM »
Looks more like Mel Brooks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2021, 03:36:12 PM »
A few pics by myself from the Cologne-Show.
Arena, the Hyatt-Hotel, Mark in the terrace-area in front of the hotel and on stage. He didn´t realized that i have taken a photo while he was reading a newspaper and drinking a cup of coffee. Pure Mark, no securities.
That is not Mark. You got someone else.
MOST definitely not Mark.
compare with your own show pics.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2021, 10:32:04 AM »
It is not Mark, wouldn't a fan be able  to tell that it is not Mark? even a casual fan? there are many photos of him just a click away to compare. :hmm
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2021, 08:16:30 PM »
I would say it's Mark, but anyway who is who?
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 37 queries.