Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350896 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2018, 09:12:48 PM »
I don't think David regret leaving DS. I think David regret breaking the relationship with his brother.

He wasn't happy in the band. He was happy and enjoyed his solo career. He always said that.
That's what I suppose how David feels!! Never easy to break a relationship with a sibling !! But I want to believe that deep down inside Mark has the same feelings. Afterall he is a normal human being.... He just doesn't want to speak to the media about that.... David is different on this point. Medias are the only way for him to reach out to MK.. Not an easy situation after all these years !!

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2018, 09:24:03 PM »
Someone wrote here that David talked badly about Mark over the years. Public in the media. Mark never. It probably is not right
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #377 on: January 21, 2018, 09:48:00 PM »
Someone wrote here that David talked badly about Mark over the years. Public in the media. Mark never. It probably is not right

He talked... With no talking. Usually when asked about David MK gets extremely uncomfortable and just mumble a couple of default words.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2018, 09:57:19 PM »
If I were MK, I would not show up at all at this phoney ceremony. It's not like a Knighthood or a Grammy, or a Nobel Prize, just a strange award that makes EVERYBODY think, "Rock'n'Roll hall of fame? I thought they're already there". Eurovision song context is even better than this thing.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2018, 10:09:34 PM »
What does it mean to mumble ?
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #380 on: January 21, 2018, 10:19:47 PM »
What does it mean to mumble ?

To say something fast and unclearly, as if you're uncertain about it or obviously want to take the discussion in the other direction.
It's like when Mark was asked about cancelling his shows in Russia in 2013, all he said was "It was a good thing to do. Next question".

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #381 on: January 21, 2018, 11:32:30 PM »
Going [almost] back to topic, I just realised there's also Songwriters Hall of Fame. There's no MK, but there's Jay Z in it. Should I say something?
;D ;D ;D

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #382 on: January 21, 2018, 11:34:40 PM »
Eurovision song context is even better than this thing.

:o :o :o

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #383 on: January 21, 2018, 11:55:47 PM »

Because all this Hall Of Fame Of Something thing isn't about achievements, but more like a random award given to random people. I understand Oscars, at least this award is about some kind of achievements, but HOF is more like a honorary Oscar — just to indicate that "we thought to give you this award, but here you have it, when you doesn't need it anymore". Charlie Chaplin got his Oscar 5 years before his death. Is this okay? Why not to give Radiohead the award, but The Moody Blues is okay?

Every one of these awards cheapens everything the artists do in my opinion, so the best way to recognise it is refuse to take it. I'm shocked that people even have an option to talk about the DS reunion. Reunion because of this? I think my birthday is a better cause for Dire Straits to go for a reunion.

Give Mark a knighthood and there'll be no questions about wether Alan Clark or David Knopfler should take it. Crystal clear, no questions about it, alcohol free award. By the way, Sir Roger Moore was knighted because of his "services to charity" and he was very proud of it. Because he got it not for his acting even.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #384 on: January 22, 2018, 10:58:45 AM »
subject of the topic completely changed! Should be news about hall of fame, don´t should?  :think

We're just socializing and philosophizing in between news lol but it ends up being about the topic considering that these issues are what will most likely prevent DS from performing at the cerimony.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #385 on: January 22, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »
Going [almost] back to topic, I just realised there's also Songwriters Hall of Fame. There's no MK, but there's Jay Z in it. Should I say something?

Well, if you consider that Greenday is in the RRHOF...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #386 on: January 22, 2018, 11:04:18 AM »

Because all this Hall Of Fame Of Something thing isn't about achievements, but more like a random award given to random people. I understand Oscars, at least this award is about some kind of achievements, but HOF is more like a honorary Oscar — just to indicate that "we thought to give you this award, but here you have it, when you doesn't need it anymore". Charlie Chaplin got his Oscar 5 years before his death. Is this okay? Why not to give Radiohead the award, but The Moody Blues is okay?

Every one of these awards cheapens everything the artists do in my opinion, so the best way to recognise it is refuse to take it. I'm shocked that people even have an option to talk about the DS reunion. Reunion because of this? I think my birthday is a better cause for Dire Straits to go for a reunion.

Give Mark a knighthood and there'll be no questions about wether Alan Clark or David Knopfler should take it. Crystal clear, no questions about it, alcohol free award. By the way, Sir Roger Moore was knighted because of his "services to charity" and he was very proud of it. Because he got it not for his acting even.

Radiohead sucks!  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offlinecaci99

• Guitar George
« Reply #387 on: January 22, 2018, 11:12:33 AM »
Are you for real!?  :smack  :lol :lol
Well, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is definitely not an award for artistic achievements,  is more about popularity. It is not a great way to reward a lifetime of musical achievements, but it's what it is.
I have no nerves to go and check who is on this Hall, but I wonder if JJ Cale ever made into it.
don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #388 on: January 24, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »
Tickets go on sale very soon

. Your Chance to Score Induction Ceremony Tickets is Coming
Starting at 10 am ET on Thursday, February 8 tickets for the 33rd annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be released for public sale.

Ticket prices range from $90 to $500. All sales have a limit of two [2] tickets per transaction.

Tickets will be available online at ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster directly at 1-800-745-3000. 

Any of you would buy tickets just in case?

As long as MK doesn't confirm or deny it's presence and if they will play or not... It's a big bet.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2018, 06:39:14 PM »
Tickets go on sale very soon

. Your Chance to Score Induction Ceremony Tickets is Coming
Starting at 10 am ET on Thursday, February 8 tickets for the 33rd annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be released for public sale.

Ticket prices range from $90 to $500. All sales have a limit of two [2] tickets per transaction.

Tickets will be available online at ticketmaster.com or by calling Ticketmaster directly at 1-800-745-3000. 

Any of you would buy tickets just in case?

As long as MK doesn't confirm or deny it's presence and if they will play or not... It's a big bet.
90 i would consider a small bet. Not much more though

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.