Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350814 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #540 on: March 10, 2018, 05:21:06 PM »
Jbaent,  I am older than MK and just attending around 5 concerts in a row is pretty tiring for me,  so I really don't know how MK manages the touring and performing every day or so - moving from one town or country to another to different hotels and all that entails.  I know he enjoys it,  he always says he does!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #541 on: March 10, 2018, 05:37:13 PM »
Jbaent,  I am older than MK and just attending around 5 concerts in a row is pretty tiring for me,  so I really don't know how MK manages the touring and performing every day or so - moving from one town or country to another to different hotels and all that entails.  I know he enjoys it,  he always says he does!

With a whole team doing almost everything for him.

Travelling from one town to another, taking planes almost every day, playing two and a half hours per night. Yes, it's tiring, but still is just four or five months and then the rest of the year you are in home (And think that MK hasn't toured in three years...), after doing what you love for four or five months with, as they say, their own magic carpet.

Still easier and pleaser that waking up every morning during almost 320 days per year. And that, after our Spanish government changes about retiring, we should do that until we are 75 years old in Spain.

That's an effort. No chance to being lazy
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:46:23 PM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #542 on: March 10, 2018, 05:54:56 PM »

And also, when we travel to attend one, two or three shows in a row, we have to do ourselves all the preparations and usually carrying all out tiredness from the day by day thing...

Last tour, I attended the Dublin concert arriving to the venue directly from the airport in a flight that I catched just four or five hours after working, with very little sleep and a stressful day at work.

I can't compare at all the tiredness it represents to me with the one that would had MK... Or the tiredness all of you carry on when attending one, two or three concerts...

And if course we all do it for fun!  ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #543 on: March 10, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »

Travelling from one town to another, taking planes almost every day, playing two and a half hours per night. Yes, it's tiring, but still is just four or five months and then the rest of the year you are in home (And think that MK hasn't toured in three years...), after doing what you love for four or five months with, as they say, their own magic carpet.

Still easier and pleaser that waking up every morning during almost 320 days per year. And that, after our Spanish government changes about retiring, we should do that until we are 75 years old in Spain.

Yes, I do understand what you are saying - in fact, I have a son who does the same as you - long, unsocial hours, not enough time off to enjoy family life, etc, but Mark is nearly 70 and, believe me, that makes a lot of difference.    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #544 on: March 10, 2018, 05:59:54 PM »
Lol I wish everyone would read through every comment before jumping to conclusions. Mark has called himself lazy several times and that's what I wrote.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #545 on: March 10, 2018, 06:00:03 PM »
SuperVal, have to agree with jbaent here, absolutely no comparison
The man flies a private jet most of the time, stays in absolute top of the line hotels, is driven everywhere, and most importantly, no waiting, ANYWHERE
Waiting is the worst part of it all imho

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #546 on: March 10, 2018, 06:00:10 PM »

Yes, I do understand what you are saying - in fact, I have a son who does the same as you - long, unsocial hours, not enough time off to enjoy family life, etc, but Mark is nearly 70 and, believe me, that makes a lot of difference.    ;)

Yes, I'll remember this conversation when I'm 70 and still waking up every morning at six in the morning and work all week during 320 days per year. LOL

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #547 on: March 10, 2018, 06:01:01 PM »

And also, when we travel to attend one, two or three shows in a row, we have to do ourselves all the preparations and usually carrying all out tiredness from the day by day thing...

Last tour, I attended the Dublin concert arriving to the venue directly from the airport in a flight that I catched just four or five hours after working, with very little sleep and a stressful day at work.

I can't compare at all the tiredness it represents to me with the one that would had MK... Or the tiredness all of you carry on when attending one, two or three concerts...

And if course we all do it for fun!  ;D

Yes, it's tiring, but very enjoyable and, all being well, I will be there with my husband next time and we will have a great time.

I hope I will meet you next time, Jbaent!    :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #548 on: March 10, 2018, 06:03:54 PM »
I hope so Val!

I saw you in one of the last tour concerts in the distance, but hadn't time to go and see hello. Hope next time I find my own magical carpet lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #549 on: March 10, 2018, 06:07:20 PM »
The man flies a private jet most of the time, stays in absolute top of the line hotels, is driven everywhere, and most importantly, no waiting, ANYWHERE

I worked in a hotel reception for more than six years. Believe me, most of the time you don't even see the musicians, there is always someone doing everything for them. EVERYTHING.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #550 on: March 10, 2018, 06:08:16 PM »
Lol I wish everyone would read through every comment before jumping to conclusions. Mark has called himself lazy several times and that's what I wrote.

Yes, I know Mark says he is lazy!   I'm just comparing how I would feel doing the same thing.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #551 on: March 10, 2018, 06:08:49 PM »
"JK: But you’re said to be a huge reader.

MK: No, I am a huge lazy bones. I can just as easily be found horizontal on the sofa as reading. I can pretend to be an intellectual —- I’ve usually got some book on the go. But I always feel behind, I’m always trying to catch up. I’m a victim, like others, of the laptop."

"Is there a pattern to your creative process when you write a song?

No, there's no formula, no law. I'm lazy [laughs]. One song might come quickly, and another might take hundreds of hours over a long period of time with varying amounts of inebriation."

Just a couple of examples. Let's read carefully, guys  ;D
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #552 on: March 10, 2018, 06:12:03 PM »
But a moment. Mark can afford all the comforts associated with touring. We are 21st century.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #553 on: March 10, 2018, 06:14:00 PM »

I'm sure it's true what you say, Pottel, but I'm afraid I will never have the pleasure to test Mark's time on tour, thank goodness!   ;D

I agree about the waiting btw - it's very tiring!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #554 on: March 10, 2018, 06:16:18 PM »
"JK: But you’re said to be a huge reader.

MK: No, I am a huge lazy bones. I can just as easily be found horizontal on the sofa as reading. I can pretend to be an intellectual —- I’ve usually got some book on the go. But I always feel behind, I’m always trying to catch up. I’m a victim, like others, of the laptop."

"Is there a pattern to your creative process when you write a song?

No, there's no formula, no law. I'm lazy [laughs]. One song might come quickly, and another might take hundreds of hours over a long period of time with varying amounts of inebriation."

Just a couple of examples. Let's read carefully, guys  ;D

Yes, Eddie, I have read lots of stuff like that!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 39 queries.