Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350945 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2018, 07:53:29 PM »
Do we know what he's going to do yet?   :think

It surprises me that there is still no official word from MK.
Like he really don't gives a fu.. about this.  :think
Exactly !!!!

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2018, 08:00:55 PM »
I kinda miss the times when RRHOF took a piss at DS every year. This year it might turn out to be the opposite...
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »
My only hope in this world that Bob Dylan would do the inducting. Nobody else would not make no sense at all :disbelief

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2018, 08:12:37 PM »
My only hope in this world that Bob Dylan would do the inducting. Nobody else would not make no sense at all :disbelief

He will induct them but won't show up. Instead he will pass on a written statement that the host will read. And then DS won't play anything after MK's made his ten second speech.

Then Bon Jovi will blow the roof off the building.

It all makes sense now!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »
I kinda miss the times when RRHOF took a piss at DS every year. This year it might turn out to be the opposite...
;D
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »
During all this time I've produced some hypothesis for his behaviour. Maybe:

- The real MK has been secretly replaced by a twin that can't play the old songs.
 - After the motorcycle crash he forgot he's one of the top guitarists and songwriters, and nobody tells him.

ah ah good one ;D
so now it's all clear : the real MK died in the motorcycle accident like Macca in 66 :lol :lol
a new legend : Mark is dead !  :smack

next step : finding the clues in album sleeves.... :lol :lol ::) ::) ;D ;D

OfflineZeraschkulidar

• Guitar George
« Reply #591 on: March 11, 2018, 10:42:02 PM »

- He thinks he has no fans.
 - The real MK has been secretly replaced by a twin that can't play the old songs.
 - He reads AMIT and he loves whenever we're disappointed, like a fetish. The more disappointed, the better.
 - After the motorcycle crash he forgot he's one of the top guitarists and songwriters, and nobody tells him.
 - The head band gave him strength, but he lost it so now he doesn't feel confident.
 - ... I can continue but I'll stop

Oh, please continue that list! A disappointment fetish ;D Made my day

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #592 on: March 12, 2018, 02:19:33 AM »
In my opinion Mark’s attitude is disrespectful. Not getting up to play a song or two after crossing the Atlantic sounds surreal to me but it’s his choice and I respect that despite the incoherence. Now, totally ignoring his fans and not releasing any official statement at least explaining his motivations - or the lack of any - is just rude. That would be so easy. To all fans and everyone involved, unfortunately DS won’t be performing at the ceremony but we’re all happy to see you still care about us. Thanks a lot, have a good one. All said and done.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #593 on: March 12, 2018, 07:09:48 AM »

- He thinks he has no fans.
 - He reads AMIT and he loves whenever we're disappointed, like a fetish. The more disappointed, the better.
 - The head band gave him strength, but he lost it so now he doesn't feel confident.
 - ... I can continue but I'll stop

Oh, please continue that list! A disappointment fetish ;D Made my day
Hahaha! the disappointment fetish WAS very funny!   :D
...and may not be too far off.  :smack
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Love Expresso

« Reply #594 on: March 12, 2018, 08:06:07 AM »
My guess is that something must have happened during the years from 1992 to 1996. I think he came to some conclusions about his life. I guess he hates everything about how he was and behaved. Most people surely would agree that he was a real dick during his Dire Straits times. He himself will know it, too. Maybe some good influence of Kitty, also.

Everything that reminds him of these times maybe gives him a bad feel. That's okay with me. But as he behaved like a Boss and saw the band as a vehicle for his own stuff, he also is responsible for the testimony of the band. It's absolutely unprofessional to not even give a statement about the nomination. I don't care if he plays or not but hope he will not as it would be another cringeworthy moment, but he should let us know, and the RRHOF people also, and last but not least his former band mates. Seems a little part of that dick survived. The word Diva comes to mind...

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #595 on: March 12, 2018, 08:43:43 AM »
It's our prize. We all should attend and whistle the SOS solo together...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #596 on: March 12, 2018, 09:43:14 AM »
the nomination. I don't care if he plays or not but hope he will not as it would be another cringeworthy moment, but he should let us know, and the RRHOF people also, and last but not least his former band mates. Seems a little part of that dick survived. The word Diva comes to mind...

LE

Exactly, it can be awkard. Better leave it to the imaginations of those who will never accept that DS is history.

Anyone who has met Mark the last ten years can't possibly think of a diva. He was pretty far from it in the mud at Chalke Valley history festival.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #597 on: March 12, 2018, 10:41:56 AM »

Exactly, it can be awkard. Better leave it to the imaginations of those who will never accept that DS is history.

DS were history until the RRHOF decided to awaken the ghost. It is happening here and now, it's not like they are Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I'm all for an official statement so we can have an answer.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2018, 10:49:51 AM »
In my opinion Mark’s attitude is disrespectful. Not getting up to play a song or two after crossing the Atlantic sounds surreal to me but it’s his choice and I respect that despite the incoherence. Now, totally ignoring his fans and not releasing any official statement at least explaining his motivations - or the lack of any - is just rude. That would be so easy. To all fans and everyone involved, unfortunately DS won’t be performing at the ceremony but we’re all happy to see you still care about us. Thanks a lot, have a good one. All said and done.

Maybe for fans who will be in Cleveland. I do not feel ignored. Mark is focused on something completely different.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #599 on: March 12, 2018, 10:52:07 AM »
My guess is that something must have happened during the years from 1992 to 1996. I think he came to some conclusions about his life. I guess he hates everything about how he was and behaved. Most people surely would agree that he was a real dick during his Dire Straits times. He himself will know it, too. Maybe some good influence of Kitty, also.

Everything that reminds him of these times maybe gives him a bad feel. That's okay with me. But as he behaved like a Boss and saw the band as a vehicle for his own stuff, he also is responsible for the testimony of the band. It's absolutely unprofessional to not even give a statement about the nomination. I don't care if he plays or not but hope he will not as it would be another cringeworthy moment, but he should let us know, and the RRHOF people also, and last but not least his former band mates. Seems a little part of that dick survived. The word Diva comes to mind...

LE

I could write something like this if I knew Marek personally. A bold opinion
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 41 queries.