Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 349737 times)

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
  • We need the headband back!!
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #615 on: March 12, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »
Well maybe the statement will come during the ceremony? Seems he is also busy finalising the coming album so no time or interest in doing the nostalgia gig.

Lets face it MK has worked very hard to get away from being the "frontman of DS" and being perceived as a nostalgia act. Just look at what he choose to play in concert. If any DS stuff its usually something that is rooted in great songwriting tradion (R&J, SOS, Latest Trick, OES) and the crowdpleasing "pop" hits has been removed one by one. This is a balance of not neglecting the past but at the same time not base his concerts around DS.

It makes perfect sense to me. Also why open the door too much for the nostalgia thing?  Next thing that would happen would be huge offers and a demand for a reunion tour and maybe even an album. I really can't see any of this having his interest any way. He doesnt need that.

Btw its also kind of funny (and phony) that DS is being inducted – why not Mark as a solo artist or MK & DS? Because his solo stuff is not focussed on making hits?  Afterall he has been a solo artist almost double the amount of years and double the amount of albums, so why look back ?  He is doing just fine without it.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #616 on: March 12, 2018, 06:06:41 PM »
boriszhukov essence ! ! ! :thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #617 on: March 12, 2018, 07:02:41 PM »
Well maybe the statement will come during the ceremony? Seems he is also busy finalising the coming album so no time or interest in doing the nostalgia gig.

Actually he's been in Madrid enjoying one of the best restaurants in the nice town of Chinchón...

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinecaci99

• Guitar George
« Reply #618 on: March 12, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »

Actually he's been in Madrid enjoying one of the best restaurants in the nice town of Chinchón...
Unacceptable! That warrants a board of director gathering to have a word with the guy.The shareholders are waiting on a statement.  :P
don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
  • We need the headband back!!
« Reply #619 on: March 12, 2018, 07:21:23 PM »
Who cares about this popularity contest HOF anyway. And with Alan Clark, David Knopfler and Ed Bricknell possibly there how could Mark possibly enjoy this circus of attention anyway??

Get over it and look forward to the next solo tour and solo album....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #620 on: March 12, 2018, 07:39:49 PM »
Who cares about this popularity contest HOF anyway. And with Alan Clark, David Knopfler and Ed Bricknell possibly there how could Mark possibly enjoy this circus of attention anyway??

Get over it and look forward to the next solo tour and solo album....

Anything is fine with me but the bottom line as for me would be: Make a STATEMENT about it.
Give the public something, anything. Be there or not, play a few songs, or not. Say a few words or let John say something.
His silince about it could give people the impression that he indeed could not care les about it.
And we can speculate all we want but in the end we don't know sh... because the man himself has choosen not to say ONE word about it. For whatever reason that maybe..

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #621 on: March 12, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »

Hey Julio! Is it Mesón Cuevas del Vino?

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #622 on: March 12, 2018, 07:46:35 PM »

Exactly

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #623 on: March 12, 2018, 07:57:43 PM »

Exactly

He must really love that restaurant! He went there a few years ago, which prompted me to go there too and I loved it, it's an amazing restaurant.

Here he is!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:05:32 PM by rmarques821 »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #624 on: March 12, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »
Clearly very busy and not a single second to think about playing even a single short song with his old mates...

Meat could get cold!

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #625 on: March 12, 2018, 11:26:44 PM »
Clearly very busy and not a single second to think about playing even a single short song with his old mates...

Meat could get cold!

I guess he'll only do the RRHOF thing if Mesón Cuevas del Vino serve him a meal in Cleveland!  ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #626 on: March 12, 2018, 11:45:03 PM »
Is Mark leaning very far forward or has his head gotten bigger?  :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #627 on: March 12, 2018, 11:59:44 PM »
Is Mark leaning very far forward or has his head gotten bigger?  :think

bigger and older
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #628 on: March 13, 2018, 12:32:42 AM »

Anything is fine with me but the bottom line as for me would be: Make a STATEMENT about it.

Exactly this and nothing more. He doesn't need to do anything more than a statement. But a statement is expected in situations like these and any professional (except Bob and Mark obviously) would issue one.

Try to guess how long it takes and how much thought goes into saying something along these lines:

"Thanks guys and have a great party"

Oh, excuse me, it's just a line. And I'm sure there is somebody around him somewhere that can do it for him while he's keeping himself busy fine tuning phantom power to the exact required microVolt wearing a huge smile.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #629 on: March 13, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »
He must really love that restaurant! He went there a few years ago, which prompted me to go there too and I loved it, it's an amazing restaurant.

How did he find this restaurant anyway? When I see things like this, I wonder how Mark manage to do all he does... Traveling to restaurants 50 km away from Madrid on an ordinary street many times. Makes me want to embark on a trip finding my own favourite little restaurants. The man never stops to inspire!

I hope his HOF speech would be as inspiring as Dylan's ones, he usually goes in details about everything. Just want to hear a long-read from MK.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 37 queries.