Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350802 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #705 on: March 15, 2018, 11:23:13 AM »
it would have been nice for the fans if he would make a little statement. Just a few nice words because many fans voted for DS. Just my opinion...

He'll probably just write a song about it in a couple years from now.

Lights are now on in the hall...
This keep breaking my balls
Why they inducted that band, who knows
They needed some money, I suppose

But in third person and more ambiguous  ;D

Just add fiddles and pipes and push the record button...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #706 on: March 15, 2018, 11:29:24 AM »
it would have been nice for the fans if he would make a little statement. Just a few nice words because many fans voted for DS. Just my opinion...

;D    Great!  I love the fiddles and pipes.    :wave      Saw Mike & John with John Doyle last week in concert - fantastic musicians!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #707 on: March 15, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »

It would be lovely  :D
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #708 on: March 15, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »
You're just speculating at this point.

What if he simply doesn't care at all being there ?
It's not just the RnRHoF thing, how often do you see him on TV ? Right, close to never.
How many times does he talk about Dire Straits in interviews ? Right, close to none.

What about cutting him some slack ?

It looks like the fans are the ones who can't let it all go actually.

he doesn't care about RRHoF ? that's 100% sure, he also doesn't care about fans, we wouldn't even know his decision if it wasn't for other members of the band, yet if someone he likes dies there's immediately a statement about what he thinks (already happened several times), but should fans know if he is going to the ceremony ? absolutely not

Well, maybe he doesn't see why we should care about it either.
What does the HoF mean to him ? Not much obviously. You probably care too much about it, even way more than he does, and maybe that's the real issue here.
But at the end of the day this is an issue mostly because you brought it upon yourself in the first place.

or maybe the only issue is that you don't let/accept other people have different opinions than yours
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #709 on: March 15, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »
Some info about the induction  :wave

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/03/rock_hall_to_live_stream_2018.html

And also:

So we are a month away from the 2018 R'R Hall of Fame ceremony. And all we have is a definite with Howard Stern inducting the Headliner Bon Jovi and a speculation that Bill Bruford of Yes may induct the great Moody Blues. What the Hell

Nothing on who will induct DS but rumour is Sting will have the honors
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 04:33:42 PM by cannibals »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #710 on: March 15, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/03/rock_hall_to_live_stream_2018.html

Cool, I know a Brazilian guy who is dying to see Alan Clark at the red carpet.

:lol

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #711 on: March 15, 2018, 04:35:59 PM »

It's not just the RnRHoF thing, how often do you see him on TV ? Right, close to never.
How many times does he talk about Dire Straits in interviews ? Right, close to none.

he doesn't care about RRHoF ? that's 100% sure, he also doesn't care about fans, we wouldn't even know his decision if it wasn't for other members of the band, yet if someone he likes dies there's immediately a statement about what he thinks (already happened several times), but should fans know if he is going to the ceremony ? absolutely not

What does the HoF mean to him ? Not much obviously. You probably care too much about it, even way more than he does, and maybe that's the real issue here.
But at the end of the day this is an issue mostly because you brought it upon yourself in the first place.

or maybe the only issue is that you don't let/accept other people have different opinions than yours

Well, I'm not the one not accepting MK's decision.
I don't have to say anything bad about it, he's INVITED to the ceremony, he can either go or decline the invitation, his choice. Because people seem to forget it's an invitation, no obligation.
And he doesn't have to write me a statement to justify anything, whatever his choice is.
He doesn't need to perform a song for me if he doesn't want to, and I won't criticize him for that. He doesn't owe me anything.

So tell me, who's the one not accepting things ?

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #712 on: March 15, 2018, 07:30:52 PM »

I don't have to say anything bad about it, he's INVITED to the ceremony, he can either go or decline the invitation, his choice. Because people seem to forget it's an invitation, no obligation.
And he doesn't have to write me a statement to justify anything, whatever his choice is.
He doesn't need to perform a song for me if he doesn't want to, and I won't criticize him for that. He doesn't owe me anything.

maybe the only issue is that you don't let/accept other people have different opinions than yours --> people's opinions, not MK's
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #713 on: March 15, 2018, 08:31:18 PM »

maybe the only issue is that you don't let/accept other people have different opinions than yours --> people's opinions, not MK's

Dozens of pages complaining about MK not doing what you want him to do is not an opinion anymore. It's something else that I'd rather not define.

I don't speak especially about you, nothing personal.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #714 on: March 15, 2018, 08:42:39 PM »
Don't shout so loud, there are people trying to rest.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #715 on: March 15, 2018, 09:08:18 PM »

Cool, I know a Brazilian guy who is dying to see Alan Clark at the red carpet.

:lol

Lol Definitely not me! Alan deserves to be there! My problem is not with Alan and DS but with what he’s been doing after DS.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
« Reply #716 on: March 15, 2018, 09:12:40 PM »
I respect your opinions, but I realize this angle:

No one is asking for a Dire Straits return. But he need to respect
the fans who are the ones who voted,  besides those that as well as follow your career from the beginning, in addition to the new generations of fans of the band...  All of this is in question and should be considered as well, the band's history is alienated from its legion of fans, one thing does not exist without the other, so with any band or artist, "a two-way street", it's a pity see people looking at it as a "one-way street"

I keep saying there are other artists who care more for fans. No longer enough the fact, since beginning his solo career, he continues to play practically the same songs as DS, and continues to deny us songs like Tunnel of Love, among others he has not played for more than 30 years, Southbound Again, News, Single Handed Saillor, Love Over Gold ... Dalling Preatty was in 1996, as well as Vic and Ray, Jukie Doll in 2001, so since 2008 his shows have the same structure, he does not care what his fans would like to hear at his shows. He do not care how happy millions of fans around the world be if he played some songs on that occasion from the RRHF in April.

I have seen people commenting that  "it is better that way", or, "that the world has the image of the young Dire Straits", as if age were a monster that made this occasion unfeasible, I think it a mixture of conformism as well as lack of sensitivity, already Mark is Dire Straits and is alive and fully capable of playing DS songs. If the problem is an Achemy SOS height performance, why not Wild West End or Down to The Waterline? It would represent very well! By coincidence, there are 40 years of the release of the first album.

It is in these hours that it is hard to be a fan of Mark Knopfler, one can pay a bitter price for these types of egocentric attitudes.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:27:40 PM by Brunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits) »
Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #717 on: March 15, 2018, 09:16:16 PM »
well said  :thumbsup :thumbsup

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #718 on: March 15, 2018, 09:20:11 PM »
"It is in these hours that it is hard to be a fan of Mark Knopfler, one can pay a bitter price for these types of egocentric attitudes"

I have no problem with it. It's the same :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineasouza

• Guitar George
« Reply #719 on: March 15, 2018, 09:31:01 PM »
I respect your opinion, but I realize this angle:

No one is asking for a Dire Straits return. But he need to respect
the fans who are the ones who voted,  besides those that as well as follow your career from the beginning, in addition to the new generations of fans of the band...  All of this is in question and should be considered as well, the band's history is alienated from its legion of fans, one thing does not exist without the other, so with any band or artist, "a two-way street", it's a pity see people looking at it as a "one-way street"

I keep saying there are other artists who care more for fans. No longer enough the fact, since beginning his solo career, he continues to play practically the same songs as DS, and continues to deny us songs like Tunnel of Love, among others he has not played for more than 30 years, Southbound Again, News, Single Handed Saillor, Love Over Gold ... Dalling Preatty was in 1996, as well as Vic and Ray, Jukie Doll in 2001, so since 2008 his shows have the same structure, he does not care what his fans would like to hear at his shows. He do not care how happy millions of fans around the world be if he played some songs on that occasion from the RRHF in April.

I have seen people commenting that  "it is better that way", or, "that the world has the image of the young Dire Straits", as if age were a monster that made this occasion unfeasible, I think it a mixture of conformism as well as lack of sensitivity, already Mark is Dire Straits and is alive and fully capable of playing DS songs. If the problem is an Achemy SOS height performance, why not Wild West End or Down to The Waterline? It would represent very well! By coincidence, there are 40 years of the release of the first album.

It is in these hours that it is hard to be a fan of Mark Knopfler, one can pay a bitter price for these types of egocentric attitudes.

:clap :clap :clap :thumbsup

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 39 queries.