Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350700 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #720 on: March 15, 2018, 09:43:15 PM »
Well said that man!  :clap
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
  • We need the headband back!!
« Reply #721 on: March 15, 2018, 09:48:51 PM »
I respect your opinion, but I realize this angle:

No one is asking for a Dire Straits return. But he need to respect
the fans who are the ones who voted.

So how is he not respecting the fans who voted?  He isnt exactly ignoring DS in general. Even his website has announced the induction etc.
Afterall his setlist still features a good amount of DS material. He accepts it for what it is - a distant pass - it's been 26 years for gods sake! The fans should respect this and get their DS kick at his solo concerts, by going to an Illsley concert or even by attending the copybands (if its really so desperately needed).

Lastly there is a chance there will be a statement during or after the event. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:54:09 PM by boriszhukov »

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #722 on: March 15, 2018, 09:56:05 PM »

No one is asking for a Dire Straits return. But he need to respect
the fans who are the ones who voted.

So how is he not respecting the fans who voted?  He isnt exactly ignoring DS in general. Even his website has announced the induction etc.
Afterall his setlist still features a good amount of DS material. He accepts it for what it is - a distant pass - it's been 26 years for gods sake! The fans should respect this and get their DS kick at his solo concerts, by going to an Illsley concert or even by attending the copybands (if its really so desperately needed).

Lastly there is a chance there will be a statement during or after the event.

It is true
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
« Reply #723 on: March 15, 2018, 10:34:16 PM »
To be part of the rock and roll hall of fame is a huge honor, the history of Dire Straits is beautiful, a trajectory of great success, the victory of good music, of intelligent music and so little these days. Any homage and recognition should be welcome, I just think that Mark, (with all the good I want him), "come off your high horse" and thank those who voted for him, and play at least one song along with the band

One of the most mediocre thoughts I have seen in recent days was:

"The world reminds Dire Straits as young loads of energy and talent. If they were today, this memory would be replaced by a memory made up of slow old and weak."
It's ridiculous to think such a thing, all members are alive and fully able to play several of Dire Straits's songs, until Gilmour and Waters left the differences aside in live 8, because, for less, DS members could not do the same on that occasion?

Does it have to be something as modest as seeing an old video of the band on this noble occasion? This anyone can do at home, anywhere, have so many videos on youtube ... substantially this should be for the sake of art, music, that is, it is what they do best. As a friend quoted, "no matter how good an artist, music is not mathematics, your ability without public approval stays with you. And gratitude to your fans, it is not logic  "clientelist."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:42:44 PM by Brunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits) »
Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #724 on: March 15, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »
Well said, again  :thumbsup

OfflineDS

• Local Hero
« Reply #725 on: March 15, 2018, 10:55:36 PM »
As a friend quoted, "no matter how good an artist, music is not mathematics, your ability without public approval stays with you. And gratitude to your fans, it is not logic  "clientelist."
This sentence is brilliant.
Tracker - Lucca 2015
DTRW - Lucca 2019

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #726 on: March 16, 2018, 12:42:17 AM »
Even though Dire Straits won't play, I bet you they will be happy enough to sanction the release of a compilation to cash in on your memory.  Why direstraits.com if for nothing else.

Fed up with MK and his superiority complex. Your fans made you. Show some respect and at least let the people know you are thankful for being voted in to what appears to be a big deal to your fans.

See you around.

• Camerado
« Reply #727 on: March 16, 2018, 01:25:58 AM »

He isnt exactly ignoring DS in general. Even his website has announced the induction etc.

Ohhh ... Realize how modest it is, realize how conformist you are, (by the way, be happy, you're not the only one, there are many conformist fans just like you.)  :clap

This attitude of applauding anything our idol does is a bad thing, in the case of MK, his attitude not to touch with the DS in the RRHF is yet another example that he does not care about his fans, from the oldest to the youngest . Actually that's a shame, that's mediocre, all we'll see is a video of the band with at least 26 years ago? What is the ultility of this, youtube has any video that they present in this ceremony, this I am already bald of so much to watch! They are alive and able to play, they are musicians, what matters here are the songs and what they represent, besides the importance of the band, it is not for this same reason that MK still plays today SOS, R & J, TR, BIA, SFA , MFN, WOL (the most played of DS in the shows of his solo career)? When it is time to celebrate all this, he will turn his back, perhaps not be present, and appearing, will not have any performance of the band, will let no band perform a tribute to the DS interpreting some song. Anyway, this is not logical, it is contradictory, a joke dull and there are people finding coherence in this attitude on his part.

(And to think ...MK keeps working so that the DS remains underestimated, with the help of conformist fans, who applaud everything he does, no exceptions).

This world is getting weirder!  :think

Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

OfflineDon70

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #728 on: March 16, 2018, 01:46:31 AM »
Good Lord, the level of negativity on this site is really quite staggering. It's just never-ending. Setlists, flutes and pipes, guitar playing, RRHOF, length of time recording etc. It just goes on and on and on....

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #729 on: March 16, 2018, 02:27:51 AM »
Good Lord, the level of negativity on this site is really quite staggering. It's just never-ending. Setlists, flutes and pipes, guitar playing, RRHOF, length of time recording etc. It just goes on and on and on....
Agree.   :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #730 on: March 16, 2018, 02:29:58 AM »

With all respect, but we already know you think this forum is very negative...There is no need for you to come here once in a while and say precisely that.

• Camerado
« Reply #731 on: March 16, 2018, 03:23:31 AM »
Go fishing and relax your mind. :lol

OfflineDon70

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #732 on: March 16, 2018, 03:29:30 AM »
It’s unfortunate, because a lot of the time there’s actually some enlightening conversation on here. Then there’s other times when it seems like a MK hater’s society.

OfflineDon70

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #733 on: March 16, 2018, 03:51:24 AM »
Go fishing and relax your mind. :lol
Unfortunately, there’s about a foot of snow on the ground, so fishing’s not really an option right now  :smack

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #734 on: March 16, 2018, 06:45:01 AM »
It’s unfortunate, because a lot of the time there’s actually some enlightening conversation on here. Then there’s other times when it seems like a MK hater’s society.

Other people have different feelings than you have. Sucks right?

The only reason people are here in general is because of MK the artist and creator of fine music. However, this might be entwined with the person he is or the choices he makes.

I bet there are people who love the music to death but can't stand the persona. And those who do both. But if you don't like the music well then you aren't on here are you?

I like most of his music and the person he seems to be. But I don't always agree with the choices being made. My days as a North Korean quit some 15 years ago.

People have opinions and feelings and yes, sarcasm may roam at times, but have you been to certain other artists' fan forums? It's not always pretty.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:54:45 AM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 39 queries.