Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350931 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #990 on: April 02, 2018, 11:33:37 AM »
It may be a combination of things. Alan and Legacy, yes, but Mark is also busy with the musical and things right now.  For all we know he could have a group session booked at BG on that date.  It would certainly be convenient!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #991 on: April 02, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »
I guess it would be complicated anyway but I tend to believe that if DSL never existed Mark would've thought about it at least.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #992 on: April 02, 2018, 03:24:43 PM »
If only the RRHOF would have given the award to the original members of DS, would that have made a difference on a possible reunion???

Yes, it would raise it up 1% tops. From 1% to 2% possibility :lol

:lol :lol :lol

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #993 on: April 02, 2018, 06:47:23 PM »
I know it's a different story, but ... I just wanted to remind. Mark did not forget about the history of the DS.

https://www.prsformusic.com/press/2009/prs-for-music-honours-dire-straits-first-gig-venue
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #994 on: April 02, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »
I know it's a different story, but ... I just wanted to remind. Mark did not forget about the history of the DS.

https://www.prsformusic.com/press/2009/prs-for-music-honours-dire-straits-first-gig-venue

To unveil a plaque in London you doesn't have to travel to US and back :lol

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #995 on: April 02, 2018, 07:03:50 PM »
I mean the history of DS. Mark and John together last time?
Clear as the day

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #996 on: April 02, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »
I mean the history of DS. Mark and John together last time?

They have been together several times the last years. Last time in public i believe was last year for a motorcycle event and i believe MK took part on a show some years ago where he was interviewed by John about his guitars...Anyway, John told recently that he and MK every year get together to talk about DS when something is happening. Beats me what they are talking about  :lol
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:57:50 PM by cannibals »

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #997 on: April 02, 2018, 08:00:18 PM »
I was thinking about the history of DS :)
Clear as the day

Offlinelfblaauw

• Camerado
« Reply #998 on: April 03, 2018, 02:12:53 PM »
Report: Dire Straits members Mark Knopfler and David Knopfler skipping Rock Hall induction ceremony

Posted on 4/2/2018 6:00 PM
Courtesy of Rock & Roll Hall of FameHopes that Dire Straits might reunite to perform at the 2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony seem dim following a report that neither frontman Mark Knopfler nor his brother, founding rhythm guitarist David Knopfler, will be attending the event.

As part of a conversation on a Facebook community page, someone identifying himself as David Knopfler revealed Monday that he decided not take part in the ceremony because the Rock Hall had reneged on a promise to pay his travel expenses.

Knopfler, who was responding to a question posed by Cleveland.com reporter Michael Norman, went on to complain, "I can well understand that with only $5 mil a year in sponsorships and [$100,000] a table and no fees for the artist that paying my taxi to the airport must have given them heart murmurs like Squeers hearing Oliver Twist asking for more and frightened them into refusal otherwise one might get the wrong idea entirely about what they're all about."

When Norman revealed he was a member of the Cleveland media and was interested in talking further with him about the Rock Hall, David responded by saying, "I think I've already said too much," adding, "It's a great honour to be nominated all the rest is just the usual Faustian BS."

Later on in the thread, David told another participant in the conversation that the only Dire Straits members who would be attending the ceremony were "John [Illsley], Alan [Clark] and Guy [Fletcher]."

As for why his brother, Mark, wasn't going to the ceremony, David said, "Mark has other more creative things to be doing with his time. I doubt I'd have done differently in his shoes."

The 2018 Rock Hall induction ceremony takes place Saturday, April 14, in Cleveland.

Source: http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/2018/04/02/report-dire-straits-members-mark-knopfler-and-david-knopfler-skipping-rock-hall-induction-ceremony

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #999 on: April 03, 2018, 02:42:36 PM »
Report: Dire Straits members Mark Knopfler and David Knopfler skipping Rock Hall induction ceremony

Posted on 4/2/2018 6:00 PM
Courtesy of Rock & Roll Hall of FameHopes that Dire Straits might reunite to perform at the 2018 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony seem dim following a report that neither frontman Mark Knopfler nor his brother, founding rhythm guitarist David Knopfler, will be attending the event.

As part of a conversation on a Facebook community page, someone identifying himself as David Knopfler revealed Monday that he decided not take part in the ceremony because the Rock Hall had reneged on a promise to pay his travel expenses.

Knopfler, who was responding to a question posed by Cleveland.com reporter Michael Norman, went on to complain, "I can well understand that with only $5 mil a year in sponsorships and [$100,000] a table and no fees for the artist that paying my taxi to the airport must have given them heart murmurs like Squeers hearing Oliver Twist asking for more and frightened them into refusal otherwise one might get the wrong idea entirely about what they're all about."

When Norman revealed he was a member of the Cleveland media and was interested in talking further with him about the Rock Hall, David responded by saying, "I think I've already said too much," adding, "It's a great honour to be nominated all the rest is just the usual Faustian BS."

Later on in the thread, David told another participant in the conversation that the only Dire Straits members who would be attending the ceremony were "John [Illsley], Alan [Clark] and Guy [Fletcher]."

As for why his brother, Mark, wasn't going to the ceremony, David said, "Mark has other more creative things to be doing with his time. I doubt I'd have done differently in his shoes."

The 2018 Rock Hall induction ceremony takes place Saturday, April 14, in Cleveland.

Source: http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/2018/04/02/report-dire-straits-members-mark-knopfler-and-david-knopfler-skipping-rock-hall-induction-ceremony

I'm happy the way it goes. Would be better if John, Alan and Guy would refuse to go, because now it looks kind of funny.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1000 on: April 03, 2018, 02:48:36 PM »
David is clearly trying to make peace with Mark. I hope they turn off the resentment once and for all and reunite.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1001 on: April 03, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
For once, I entirely agree with DK.   It would be better still if John Guy and Alan refused to attend too!   I wonder if they are paying $100 for a table?   I doubt it somehow.  :think
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:53:37 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1002 on: April 03, 2018, 07:42:02 PM »
http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/04/dire_straits_to_perform_at_roc.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Dire Straits frontman Mark Knopfler and his brother David may not be coming to Cleveland for the band's April 14 induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. But three members of the group -- bassist John Illsley and keyboardists Alan Clark and Guy Fletcher -- will be in town and will be performing at least one Dire Straits song at the ceremony.
-----
John Alan and Guy will play at the induction  ???

From AC website:
There's a lot of conjecture on forums about whether the band is performing at the Hall of Fame, and if not why not and who in the band are going to the ceremony. Well, here it is and it's official: Myself, Guy Fletcher and John Illsley will attend the ceremony where we'll be be performing an unplugged version of Telegraph Road with me on harmonium, Guy on ukulele, John on banjo, and the vocal sung by Stevie Wonder.   
 ???
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:47:25 PM by cannibals »

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1003 on: April 03, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »
That’s surprising. I hope it’s not John singing.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1004 on: April 03, 2018, 07:47:17 PM »
http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/04/dire_straits_to_perform_at_roc.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Dire Straits frontman Mark Knopfler and his brother David may not be coming to Cleveland for the band's April 14 induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. But three members of the group -- bassist John Illsley and keyboardists Alan Clark and Guy Fletcher -- will be in town and will be performing at least one Dire Straits song at the ceremony.
-----
John Alan and Guy will play at the induction  ???

:lol

I would take that as AC's attempt at humour.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 39 queries.