Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350683 times)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #1020 on: April 04, 2018, 02:50:22 AM »
Lol Stevie Wonder singing Why Aye Man, great!

No eye man
No eye, no eye man
No eye man
No eye, no eye man

Oh gosh, I’m going straight to hell after this one.

Lol actually this is hilarious. There's no single topic on Earth you can't make a joke about, except for maybe some religion ones. Moreover, this is technically false, because Stevie has eyes, it's just he can't see a thing with them. So "No Eye Man" might as well be a character song, which is a common thing in Mark's songs anyway.

Thanks for your sense of humor:)
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #1021 on: April 04, 2018, 06:59:57 AM »
From AC website:
There's a lot of conjecture on forums about whether the band is performing at the Hall of Fame, and if not why not and who in the band are going to the ceremony. Well, here it is and it's official: Myself, Guy Fletcher and John Illsley will attend the ceremony where we'll be be performing an unplugged version of Telegraph Road with me on harmonium, Guy on ukulele, John on banjo, and the vocal sung by Stevie Wonder.   
 ???
Haha, good joke!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1022 on: April 04, 2018, 10:05:32 AM »
Now it's not Stevie Wonder but the three of them doing harmonies...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dire-straits-rock-hall-induction-2018/
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1023 on: April 04, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »
OK, before April Fools' Day, AC said three of them doing harmonies, and in April he said Stevie Wonder will sing.  Sorry, I can not appreciate his OFFICIAL joke at this moment, at all.  There's no official annoucement from Damage Management, all fans want to know if MK will be there, if DS will perform there.   We fans need a clear annoucement, not an official joke, it's not the right time to stir muddy water.  Sorry. 
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1024 on: April 04, 2018, 12:43:48 PM »
And really a pity that even websites like ultimateclassicrock.com quoted AC's official joke as a proof of DS' performance.  Am I the only one here who were not born in an English mother tongue country and can not tell a joke from a real offical statement?  Sorry, a bit annoyed and disapointed today. 
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1025 on: April 04, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »
OK, before April Fools' Day, AC said three of them doing harmonies, and in April he said Stevie Wonder will sing.  Sorry, I can not appreciate his OFFICIAL joke at this moment, at all.  There's no official annoucement from Damage Management, all fans want to know if MK will be there, if DS will perform there.   We fans need a clear annoucement, not an official joke, it's not the right time to stir muddy water.  Sorry.

yes April 01 has probably nothing to do with it, infact in his site April 01 is not even mentioned

knowing AC it might be an attack to MK
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 02:18:28 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1026 on: April 04, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »
We know who used to be the joker in DS, LOL

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1027 on: April 04, 2018, 02:14:33 PM »
As much as I disapprove Alan's attempt to milk DS I loved the joke. Isn't it clear DS is not performing? Isn't it obvious that Alan wanted to perform? Can you imagine how many times people have asked him about it? He got fed up and cracked a joke. That's called sarcasm and brits do it better than anyone. I still can't believe some journalists took it seriously and published it. Classic.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1028 on: April 04, 2018, 02:19:10 PM »
As much as I disapprove Alan's attempt to milk DS I loved the joke. Isn't it clear DS is not performing? Isn't it obvious that Alan wanted to perform? Can you imagine how many times people have asked him about it? He got fed up and cracked a joke. That's called sarcasm and brits do it better than anyone. I still can't believe some journalists took it seriously and published it. Classic.

It could be a joke but also an attack to MK

A way to say, look what TR (and DS songs in general) has become, ukulele banjo etc , we could play them much better if DS were back
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1029 on: April 04, 2018, 02:25:48 PM »

A way to say, look what TR (and DS songs in general) has become, ukulele banjo etc , we could play them much better if DS were back

I think you're reading too much into it. Alan has disrespected Mark a few times for sure but I don't think that's the case here, that's pure sarcasm.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1030 on: April 04, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »

I think you're reading too much into it. Alan has disrespected Mark a few times for sure but I don't think that's the case here, that's pure sarcasm.
Agree

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1031 on: April 04, 2018, 02:49:08 PM »

Man, only after your input I realised WHICH song Alan has mentioned. Man, after all these years they all can't just settle down.
Telegraph Road could easily be written by Knopfler/Clark, but for the same reasons the ceremony will be ignored — it isn't.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1032 on: April 04, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »

Man, only after your input I realised WHICH song Alan has mentioned. Man, after all these years they all can't just settle down.
Telegraph Road could easily be written by Knopfler/Clark, but for the same reasons the ceremony will be ignored — it isn't.

yes, too many coincidences and previous bad feelings to be just a joke

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1033 on: April 04, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »
I agree that some of you are reading too much beyond any wildest dreams...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1034 on: April 04, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »
I agree that some of you are reading too much beyond any wildest dreams...

Yeah, he just casually picked the song he probably had the most of his composer's impact with DS, nothing strange. Coincidence, nothing more.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 39 queries.