Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350686 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #1035 on: April 04, 2018, 04:10:00 PM »
I agree that some of you are reading too much beyond any wildest dreams...

Yeah, he just casually picked the song he probably had the most of his composer's impact with DS, nothing strange. Coincidence, nothing more.

:lol :lol
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1036 on: April 04, 2018, 04:20:25 PM »
We all know TR is the most challenging DS song to play, Guy has stated that several times. Now just imagine how hilarious and surreal that would be to perform TR with the instruments Alan mentioned. It's all about the contrast, at least that's my interpretation.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:25:27 PM by Eddie Fox »
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1037 on: April 04, 2018, 04:27:44 PM »
We all know TR is the most challenging DS's to play, Guy has stated that several times. Now just imagine how hilarious and surreal that would be to perform TR with the instruments Alan mentioned. It's all about the contrast, at least that's my interpretation.

I dunno... Nobody would perform a 15 minute song receiving any type of award anyway. Even played on an ukulele :lol :lol :lol

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1038 on: April 04, 2018, 04:32:34 PM »
We all know TR is the most challenging DS's to play, Guy has stated that several times. Now just imagine how hilarious and surreal that would be to perform TR with the instruments Alan mentioned. It's all about the contrast, at least that's my interpretation.

I dunno... Nobody would perform a 15 minute song receiving any type of award anyway. Even played on an ukulele :lol :lol :lol

That's exactly the point  :)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1039 on: April 04, 2018, 04:35:29 PM »
Sorry, but please tell me why a joke about TR, not SOS?  I think SOS is the most symbolic song of DS, but here why a joke about TR?  I read somewhere AC wants to have writing credit on TR.  I'm not talking about which song is the most challenging song to play, and it's obvious that choosing the most challenging song to play for a long time disbanded members is not a good idea. 
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1040 on: April 04, 2018, 04:45:10 PM »
AC was not part of SOS at the time of the writing whereas we all know that even if AC did not compose TR he was involved in the "birth" of that song.

My 0.02 on it.

Stay cool  :wave
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1041 on: April 04, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »
Sorry, but please tell me why a joke about TR, not SOS?  I think SOS is the most symbolic song of DS, but here why a joke about TR?  I read somewhere AC wants to have writing credit on TR.  I'm not talking about which song is the most challenging song to play, and it's obvious that choosing the most challenging song to play for a long time disbanded members is not a good idea.

Maybe because playing Sultans on the ukelele isn't that absurd? In fact if you go on Youtube you will find many examples. Alan tried to sound as absurd as possible, that's all. Sometimes you come across a joke from another country and it doesn't land. I lived in New Zealand for three years and know how frustrating it can be.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1042 on: April 04, 2018, 04:48:38 PM »
AC was not part of SOS at the time of the writing whereas we all know that even if AC did not compose TR he was involved in the "birth" of that song.

My 0.02 on it.

Stay cool  :wave

Wait for Alan reading all that and putting even more hilarious jokes on his website :lol :lol :lol

I think the induction of Dire Straits is in dire straits...

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #1043 on: April 04, 2018, 05:13:48 PM »
Imagine now they do play TR with an ukelele. Guy plays ukelele. Who is going to fix MK's bicycle from now on?

The forthcoming tour would be in serious problems. Such a betrayal would depress MK till death.

Just joking seriously.

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #1044 on: April 04, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »
We all know TR is the most challenging DS song to play, Guy has stated that several times. Now just imagine how hilarious and surreal that would be to perform TR with the instruments Alan mentioned. It's all about the contrast, at least that's my interpretation.

Well, it's been done before! And even in Czech language to make things more interesting:

...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #1045 on: April 04, 2018, 05:22:07 PM »

Well, it's been done before! And even in Czech language to make things more interesting:

You just uncovered the video for the induction. The last one, close the door, please 🤣🤣🤣🤣

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1046 on: April 04, 2018, 05:25:41 PM »
Lol that must be why Alan made the joke, that sounds horrible!  ;D

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #1047 on: April 04, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
Check out the ending, they're going wild on these banjos!
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1048 on: April 04, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »
Check out the ending, they're going wild on these banjos!

it's fantastic, they are in the future, it's what the MK 2019 tour is going to sound like  :lol :lol
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #1049 on: April 04, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »
As much as I disapprove Alan's attempt to milk DS I loved the joke. Isn't it clear DS is not performing? Isn't it obvious that Alan wanted to perform? Can you imagine how many times people have asked him about it? He got fed up and cracked a joke. That's called sarcasm and brits do it better than anyone. I still can't believe some journalists took it seriously and published it. Classic.

It could be a joke but also an attack to MK

A way to say, look what TR (and DS songs in general) has become, ukulele banjo etc , we could play them much better if DS were back

I think you're reading too much into it. Alan has disrespected Mark a few times for sure but I don't think that's the case here, that's pure sarcasm.
Yes that's what I think it is too!!! AC is still a very angry ex member of DS.... 

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 39 queries.