Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350855 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #1170 on: April 09, 2018, 10:13:05 AM »
I agree with you that when you get a prize, it's polite to accept it, that's the first reason why I'm disappointed with this.

Secondly, to go and accept the prize doesn't means you have to perform. Many bands didn't performed during the years and went to accept the prize.

Thirdly, it really doesn't matter if he is or not on speaking terms with David and Alan. To be polite is what it is. Many bands with members that don't talk to each other attended together just for respect to the fans.

Fourth, the own Guy said this was a prize for the fans. So, if it was a prize for the fans, show how it is a prize for the fans. Is this why John, Alan and Guy are going? If it's the reason, thank you to them.

"You can't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes." I'm a firm believer in this. None of us can possibly know what MK's reasons are. We can guess and make assumptions based on what the public record tells us, but at the end of the day we'll never truly know.

yes and that's why it would be far more simple if he would make a statement. therefore, no more sepculations.
It's his behaviour that makes assumptions and imagination by the fans, he can stop that very easily, but he just don't  :smack

Bob Dylan loves that shoes quote :D

I'm not trying to get into anybody's shoes, I'm trying to get a picture from observing things and people. Mark, as an extremely successful human being is extremely interesting for observing and learning from and when he does things like ignoring awards or ignoring his own brother, you try your best analysing that. It's pity we can't have an answer, but collectively, I think we can come pretty close. That's why this very topic exist and has already yielded 78 pages of discussion! :wave

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1171 on: April 09, 2018, 02:48:07 PM »
In the states they still believe DS will play at the induction looking at today's article:
http://wror.com/2018/04/09/poll-song-want-dire-straits-perform-rock-hall-induction/#/questions

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #1172 on: April 09, 2018, 03:03:12 PM »
"Fifteen years after first being eligible for induction"

What does that mean if anybody knows?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1173 on: April 09, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »

That they first were an inductees back in 2003. Which is funny, because they've not made it to the RRHOF, but now "OMG we want a reunion!".

Onlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #1174 on: April 09, 2018, 03:13:16 PM »

Bands can only be inducted in the HOF after 25 years of career. Dire Straits started in '78 which means that in 2003 they could be inducted.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1175 on: April 09, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »

Bands can only be inducted in the HOF after 25 years of career. Dire Straits started in '78 which means that in 2003 they could be inducted.

Thanks for explaining this. That means that MK solo is going to be eligible only after 2020-2021! I think he just wait for that to happen lol.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1176 on: April 09, 2018, 04:49:17 PM »

Do you mean: 25 years after the start of the career ? Because "25 years of career" is a show-stopper for DS (17 years of career at best).

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1177 on: April 09, 2018, 05:10:23 PM »
I'm OK with no statement from Damage Management or MK himself right now.  I'm just thinking abou the future interview of new album/tour, they may ask MK why he chose not to attend. 
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinevancip

• Local Hero
« Reply #1178 on: April 09, 2018, 05:48:43 PM »
Thanks for explaining this. That means that MK solo is going to be eligible only after 2020-2021! I think he just wait for that to happen lol.

Local Hero, Cal and Comfort & Joy OST were released in 80s' . Maybe MK is just upset because he thinks it's already late for RHOF induction as solo artist   ;D (just kidding)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1181 on: April 10, 2018, 09:21:52 AM »
I'm OK with no statement from Damage Management or MK himself right now.  I'm just thinking abou the future interview of new album/tour, they may ask MK why he chose not to attend.

Damage Management closed in 2000, I think. I'm sure MK will be asked about it, and I guess he's going to answer he was busy finishing his album and working in the musical.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1182 on: April 10, 2018, 02:09:37 PM »
So now Mr Clark says it was only an April 1st joke.
We all knew they weren't going to perform and that it was a joke. Imo it was also an attack to MK.
Moreover I have seen an infinite number of April 1st jokes for the last 20 years on the internet and they were all accompanied by a clear date which lets anyone clearly understand it's a joke.
This joke not only had no date but it was out well before April 1st and it was edited/changed with new words
well after April 1st, so how he can claim it's an April 1st joke is a total mistery.

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1183 on: April 10, 2018, 02:19:33 PM »
Can't wait to this saturday to see Mighty Man Alan Clark standing next to John and Guy celebrating his induction for Dire Straits  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1184 on: April 10, 2018, 09:34:27 PM »
Both Mark and David Knopfler have individually expressed that they probably will not be there, David through a Facebook comment and Mark in a recent interview with radio station WNCX. Mark Knopfler declared his wish that Bob Dylan or Eric Clapton would induct the band, but no presenters for Dire Straits have been announced as yet, according to Stereogum.

Anybody heard this interview with MK on radio WNCX????

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0410/953457-dire-straits-and-those-possible-hall-of-fame-no-shows/

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.