Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350776 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #1425 on: April 18, 2018, 02:11:52 PM »
Regarding John doing the induction. Why didnt the HOF have a host of the event who could act as backup in a situation like this?  Seems very strange and like extremly lack of planning. Whoever was supposed to induct them and who pulled out last minute left the situation to be even worse than MK not attending.

Very unprofessional on the HOF promoters part.

A bit too unprofessional if you ask me.  It appeared like they wanted to punish Mark for his no-show.  In the event they took a swipe at Mark, missed and hit the trio who attended and the fans.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1426 on: April 18, 2018, 02:20:12 PM »
Regarding John doing the induction. Why didnt the HOF have a host of the event who could act as backup in a situation like this?  Seems very strange and like extremly lack of planning. Whoever was supposed to induct them and who pulled out last minute left the situation to be even worse than MK not attending.

A bit too unprofessional if you ask me.  It appeared like they wanted to punish Mark for his no-show.  In the event they took a swipe at Mark, missed and hit the trio who attended and the fans.

Yes, it looks like a kind of revenge.

As far as I read, it looks like the HOF never had a situation like the one with Dire Straits. It's a kind of an "honour", isn´t it?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1427 on: April 18, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »

before this year's ceremony, I watched all the available youtube videos of RRHOF ceremonies in the past 32 years, each band or musician had someone(s) else who did induction speeches.  DS was the first band that the planing people refused to do the speech just one day before the ceremony.  So John wrote the speech on the morning of the ceremony. 

No host during the last 32 years.  RRHOF has its own formular of artists inducted by other artists.  I don't think we have to blame RRHOF this time for DS self induction.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1428 on: April 18, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »

before this year's ceremony, I watched all the available youtube videos of RRHOF ceremonies in the past 32 years, each band or musician had someone(s) else who did induction speeches.  DS was the first band that the planing people refused to do the speech just one day before the ceremony.  So John wrote the speech on the morning of the ceremony. 

No host during the last 32 years.  RRHOF has its own formular of artists inducted by other artists.  I don't think we have to blame RRHOF this time for DS self induction.

Are you serious?

Are you blaming MK for his behaviour?

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1429 on: April 18, 2018, 02:28:28 PM »
RRHOF initially planned some people to induct DS.  Why blame on RRHOF?

The people refused to do the speech one day before the ceremony, I think they could not find someone else who could take this offer, write the speech and go to deliver it.  They asked John, and John seemed to be the best person to do the speech at that stage, in the last minutes.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1430 on: April 18, 2018, 02:32:41 PM »

Are you serious?

No, I am not blaming MK.  Where did you get this conclusion from my previous comments?  No one needs to blame.  Those things happen in our life.  That's how life flows.  Someone up to accept the offer, then turend out to change mind and refuse to do the job at the very last minute.  Then because of lack of time left, we have to find other solutions.

If RRHOF did not plan to have some people to do the induction speech for DS, I would blame them!  but the fact is they planned.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1431 on: April 18, 2018, 02:49:55 PM »

Sorry, on the contrary, I think this year's ceremony is the best organized one, compared with any other previous one. 
This year, they had OFFICIAL RED CARPET LIVE STREAM, which they did it for the first time.  And DS was included.  We fans are lucky to see John, Guy and Alan walked off the van and did an interview.
They had Klipsch for professional Audio, HBO for professional Video, Getty/Wire for professional Image.
They had a wonderful stage and functional big screens.
They had back stage interview for every band/artist.
They planned other artists to do the induction speech for this year's inductees.

The things listed above were all facts.  I don't think they were unprofessional.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1432 on: April 18, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »

Sorry, on the contrary, I think this year's ceremony is the best organized one, compared with any other previous one. 
This year, they had OFFICIAL RED CARPET LIVE STREAM, which they did it for the first time.  And DS was included.  We fans are lucky to see John, Guy and Alan walked off the van and did an interview.
They had Klipsch for professional Audio, HBO for professional Video, Getty/Wire for professional Image.
They planned other artists to do the induction speech for this year's inductees.

The things listed above were all facts.  I don't think they were unprofessional.
I too think it was the Knopfler management team who could not be bothered to cooperate in any way

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1433 on: April 18, 2018, 04:14:59 PM »

Yes all those things were professional and well done but still DS were inducted by none, it's some kind of revenge or at least something surely not handled professionally
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1434 on: April 18, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »
Having read Alan's comments on his website, John's comments on his FB, and Guy's comments on his forum, we know they all had a great time there.  It seems they did not feel being snubbed by RRHOF.  I'm glad DS finally got into RRHOF.  I respect MK's decision. 

My only concern is, if RRHOF inducted Mark, David, John, Pick and Guy, it would be more possible for Mark to attend the ceremony, in my opionion.  Anyway, I'm still waiting for the TV broadcast by HBO, because that will show my favorite band.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1435 on: April 18, 2018, 04:23:15 PM »
Having read Alan's comments on his website, John's comments on his FB, and Guy's comments on his forum, we know they all had a great time there.  It seems they did not feel being snubbed by RRHOF.  I'm glad DS finally got into RRHOF.  I respect MK's decision. 

My only concern is, if RRHOF inducted Mark, David, John, Pick and Guy, it would be more possible for Mark to attend the ceremony, in my opionion.  Anyway, I'm still waiting for the TV broadcast by HBO, because that will show my favorite band.

official comments don't constitute a proof of anything, they would never say they were embarassed by the lack of someone inducting them
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #1436 on: April 18, 2018, 04:25:59 PM »

Yes all those things were professional and well done but still DS were inducted by none, it's some kind of revenge or at least something surely not handled professionally

Maybe here we should make it clearer.

RRHOF asked some people to do the induction speech.   They did ask, and the people did accept the job initially.  But the people changed their mind not to do the speech due to knowing MK's absence before the show. 

RRHOF did not have enough time to find another person who could take this task in such a short time, so they contacted John.  After discussion, John agreed to do the speech.   

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1437 on: April 18, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »

Are you serious?

No, I am not blaming MK.  Where did you get this conclusion from my previous comments?  No one needs to blame.  Those things happen in our life.  That's how life flows.  Someone up to accept the offer, then turend out to change mind and refuse to do the job at the very last minute.  Then because of lack of time left, we have to find other solutions.

If RRHOF did not plan to have some people to do the induction speech for DS, I would blame them!  but the fact is they planned.

I was being sarcastic.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1438 on: April 18, 2018, 04:44:32 PM »

Maybe here we should make it clearer.

RRHOF asked some people to do the induction speech.   They did ask, and the people did accept the job initially.  But the people changed their mind not to do the speech due to knowing MK's absence before the show. 

RRHOF did not have enough time to find another person who could take this task in such a short time, so they contacted John.  After discussion, John agreed to do the speech.

Inducted by none never happened in the history of RRHOF. You want to believe it casually happened only to DS ? Go ahead, but I don't believe it.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1439 on: April 18, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »
From another place.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 39 queries.