Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 342920 times)

OfflineAC

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Rock and roll hall of fame
« Reply #1695 on: August 12, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »
Exactly, precise as always, jbaent. I remember the article now, Neil Young and Keith Urban were the names mentioned in it.

Keith Urban's rep said a while back that Urban would have loved to do it but that he in rehearsals for a country music award ceremony which he was hosting the next night and there was no way to do it.  Flowers was already there to induct The Cars and it is unlikely that they would have asked him to induct two bands in the same night. 

Guy has noted a couple of times that there is a difference between the HOF museum staff and the people who were actually in charge of the induction ceremonies show, which is mostly people from HBO I suspect.  They botched it pretty badly, whoever it was. 

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #1696 on: August 12, 2018, 10:31:53 PM »
From Guy's diary page...

"Next morning I was back in the studio with Mark."

I find this comment, well....sad and a bit weird.
I thought so too, sounds a bit like his first day at work after a long holiday, the man has one of the best jobs in the world!

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #1697 on: August 14, 2018, 01:11:53 PM »
From Guy's diary page...

"Next morning I was back in the studio with Mark."

I find this comment, well....sad and a bit weird.

I understand it like "after all the ceremony, problems with travel etc, no time to rest, next day, working again", just that.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1698 on: August 14, 2018, 06:53:34 PM »
It's a great last sentence with the last word being Mark, the man who the whole thing was about, the real deal. The whole story reads like a dream with falling back to reality, wake up again the next morning if you like. Seeing it as his normal Job to be with Mark in the studio, the last sentence points out how special the trip was  to Guy. My take anyway.

LE

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #1699 on: September 25, 2018, 10:06:56 PM »
There are pics from Guy. Only six.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1700 on: September 26, 2018, 08:45:00 AM »
There are pics from Guy. Only six.

THANK YOU!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

hunter

« Reply #1701 on: November 24, 2018, 12:02:44 PM »
In recent interviews, when Mark is asked about the RRHOF, he says he is honored by the recognition, but couldn't attend because he was busy at the time (true, with the album and Local Hero) and that he wasn't happy with the demands from the organizers (jams, DS reunion, "no one should tell me what to do").

Why couldn't his management just have issued an official statement, at the time, with these reasons? That complete-silence course of action I think was unnecessary and actually disrespectul towards the fans who made it happen. Plus now he has to answer this question in every interview. Strange.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #1702 on: November 24, 2018, 12:06:20 PM »
I don't feel any disrespect. I think Mark's silence spoke volumes, and that silence was directed towards the RRHOF. Good on you son.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

hunter

« Reply #1703 on: November 24, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »
I don't feel any disrespect. I think Mark's silence spoke volumes, and that silence was directed towards the RRHOF. Good on you son.

Towards the RRHOF, yes, I agree. But Mark and the management know very well how big a thing this is/was for the fans. Wouldn't cost much to issue a statement on the official site? To and for the fans? Or are they so out of touch?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1704 on: November 24, 2018, 12:58:00 PM »

Towards the RRHOF, yes, I agree. But Mark and the management know very well how big a thing this is/was for the fans. Wouldn't cost much to issue a statement on the official site? To and for the fans? Or are they so out of touch?

I agree.  A simple statement was all that was required.  I think there is a little more to it than he's letting on.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

hunter

« Reply #1705 on: November 24, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »

I agree.  A simple statement was all that was required.  I think there is a little more to it than he's letting on.

I get the feeling that Mark, after the fact, has worked out an official version for the interviews he knew were coming now.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1706 on: November 24, 2018, 04:21:47 PM »

Actually he's not telling the truth but given an official excuse, that should had been giving when it happened.

When Guy was asked why MK was not going he answered that "it wasn't rocket science", ie we all can imagine why, so definitely there are more reasons behind that what MK is telling.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #1707 on: November 24, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »
There was a very recent interview where he said that the RHHOF was dictating how it should be done and he said that's not the way I work. I can't remember which one unfortunately..
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1708 on: November 24, 2018, 05:02:27 PM »
There was a very recent interview where he said that the RHHOF was dictating how it should be done and he said that's not the way I work. I can't remember which one unfortunately..

I read it too - can't remember where. He said he could tell by Crockford's face that the news wasn't good - that he had to re-unite DS and also do press interviews and he didn't like being dictated to.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #1709 on: November 24, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »
Did he say it during the Facebook video thing? He also mentions it here: http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/menschen/mark-knopfler-von-dire-straits-das-gitarren-ass-im-interview-15896198-p3.html Check out the final paragraphs (Google Translate):

So, did you cut the Dire Straits celebration into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame this year because you actually want to be included in the Songwriters Hall of Fame?

Yes, that would be my thing. I like that. The inclusion in the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame is a great distinction, very gracious, but I was very busy at the time of the celebration. I was still working on the current album and also on the musical "Local Hero", for which I write everything and which will premiere in Scotland in January. So I was in the middle of the work, when Paul came with the message of the ceremony and he was not happy because the organizers wanted all sorts of things.

Which was the Dire Straits Reunion appearance?

Exactly, and then you have to go here and there, and you have to deny a big press conference. That sounded pretty arrogant. And then I thought that no one has to tell me what I have to do.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 47 queries.