Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Check out these related sites...  (Read 17132 times)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
Re: Check out these related sites...
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 03:19:13 AM »
It also contains many historic pictures. With the facts known or speculated about them, not just a guitars
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 08:50:29 AM »
as Fletch said, Ingo's site is not exclusively about guitars.

Of course, many articles are technical, but there is also a lot of anecdotes about DS/MK history, a lot of understanding music in general, and Mark's one in particular.

It's a blog, it's a databse. You can pick what you want, you do'nt have to read it all. Many articles can interest non-guitarists and even non-musicans people.

LE, I understand you can find his site too much "technical", but don't get it wrong, it contains a lot of very useful infomations, and many many many ones that are regularly asked here or on Guy's forum.

I remember you were surprised about the Grestch used on In the sky, but it's the kind of info that you can immediately find on Ingo's site, like many other informations.

I am always surprised that many fans ask questions (what guitar, what song, which year, which version, which album, etc...) that are already answered since many years on his site.

it's a little bit a waste of time imho

LoveExpresso

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »
Yes. I said "at least" compared to the other options. Plus the site is there and you can always check it. But talking about the "relates sites" link, in my opinion, it is the "least" interesting one. That was what I meant. Hope I offend nobody with this.

LE

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 10:28:26 AM »
It's true we can just click to the site via our favourites, I'm just amazed at the opposition to one mans incredibly detailed blog that details almost every aspect of Marks career, pictures, tech info, comparisons to other songs (Rea for eg.), songwriting details, guitars (yes of course), music theory and recording info. This latter point being almost exclusively the content of Guys diaries!! Yet Ingo covers the whole career and answers questions as best he can. If he doesn't mind me saying this, he's a German engineer, he's obsessed with details.
All good, I don't care anymore, do as you wish.
This is the premium site for discussion. But for articles you get more history from Ingo than Guy imo.
I give in.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 10:50:38 AM »
Hey Fletch, no need to feel bitter or "I give in" and "I don't care anymore". I was uttering just my own personal opinion, and I don't think that my poor opinion will have any consequences for the topic or not. I am not interested the slightest in guitars and chords, so that's why. I thought in a thread like this (like a poll if you like) I was allowed to say which of the links I would prefer and which not. And indeed I visit Isaac's blog a lot of times to relive or check any informations about certain concert dates since 2008 for example, the same with Guy's diaries, whereas I never visit Ingo's blog. I did once but feld not home there because there is far to difficult guitar music aspects notes chords speech over there for me to understand.
In no way my opinion is a judgement about the quality of Ingo's work. We have that revolving link, obsivously there is discussion about which links should be used, and therefore I said what I thought about it. Not more, not less.
I give in, too.

LE

LoveExpresso

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 10:58:28 AM »
From my point of view the whole revolving link thing can be skipped because then we have no limitations. Why not simply use the link button in the bar and make a list of let's say 25 great sites where everybody is greatly involved and doing great jobs with any MK DS guitar chords cookbook travel downloading bootleg torrent hotel tea pot picture coverband related stuff. Then the question about which link to skip is redundant.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »
Personally, I would find an extended link bar the best option.  Everything would be immediately on view instead of having to wait for the relevant link to appear on the revolving link, which I feel is superfluous.    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 11:15:52 AM »
Don't really see the point myself because I have all of them bookmarked anyway.  Well, all except one.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:03:11 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »
It's all good LE, I guess my thing didn't come across too well, it's aimed at myself, it's no big deal so really I'm not "caring" about it anymore :)
But I am surprised, a little.. it's an amazing reference tool full of interesting articles.
I said all I can, I have it in faves of course, but it's also a way of reaching out to other Knopfler nutters :)
ALL good !

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »
If it's a poll, another vote for Ingo's site. I don't play guitar but that site is a goldmine  :clap

LoveExpresso

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »
I had another look at the first post of this thread and now that I know Fletch's reasons for asking this, how could I ever be against it... some things in life are just TOO important...  ;D ;D

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
put them all in the mix! And maybe have a second one with the less important, but equally interesting.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 03:00:36 PM »
Of course we all have bookmarks we want, and can visit websites we want.
When I want to visit Guy's forum, I don't go through here.
But for "time to time" visitors, I think that it's nice to have links to others sites, some that many people maybe wouldn't have visited if there weren't listed here.

And Ingo's one deserves to be visited of course.  :)

R

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »
Dan, editors who have replied either on this thread or in the editor's section have agreed that adding Ingo's site would be a good thing.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2014, 10:25:25 PM »
I still like the idea of the bar with buttons, but just the ones we have now, plus ingo's site.    Then when suggestions are made, the editors an consider it.   That way we can be sure that we are providing links to quality useful sites.   
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 45 queries.