Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292984 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Just to update the owners list,  I have just bought MK Strat SE00294 In Dakota Red July 2003. West Midlands. UK.
   It has been well used, but sounds great. It is in need of some tender loving care, which it is receiving at the moment, but I think I have found my main gigging guitar for the foreseeable future.  :D

Welcome, I see you bought 'Boldonexpat's MK Strat.....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineze373ej

• Guitar George

OfflineMarijn

• Guitar George
I saw one of the early models for sale in Belgium:
http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muziekinstrumenten/elektrische-gitaar/fender-stratocaster-signature-knopfler-285901818.html

Don't know the seller, but since it's no longer in production, it might be interesting :)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131811254773

No affiliation to the seller, just spotted this on eBay. Nice early model though the price may be "ambitious".

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineLevelsHigh

• Guitar George
Greetings!
I am the proud new Papa of SE08189!
I had to take the neck off when it arrived as it was misaligned--It had "OCT 18 2010" stamped near the truss rod nut.
So I assume it was made then; I have not taken the pick guard off yet to check the date stamp there.

She's a beauty. My Dad has one too, and I am jealous of his fingerboard--it's a gorgeous, dark rosewood. Mine is much lighter.
I also need to get the fret ends cleaned up, but I'm letting it get used to the humidity here first; then I'll take it to the local tech.
It came in a black case with the non-crushed velvet lining and plastic Fender logo on the bottom front corner. I honestly prefer the brown cases that some of them come with that have the crushed velvet...but, not a big deal.

Anyway, it feels great to finally own one!  ;D

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Greetings!
I am the proud new Papa of SE08189!
I had to take the neck off when it arrived as it was misaligned--It had "OCT 18 2010" stamped near the truss rod nut.
So I assume it was made then; I have not taken the pick guard off yet to check the date stamp there.

She's a beauty. My Dad has one too, and I am jealous of his fingerboard--it's a gorgeous, dark rosewood. Mine is much lighter.
I also need to get the fret ends cleaned up, but I'm letting it get used to the humidity here first; then I'll take it to the local tech.
It came in a black case with the non-crushed velvet lining and plastic Fender logo on the bottom front corner. I honestly prefer the brown cases that some of them come with that have the crushed velvet...but, not a big deal.

Anyway, it feels great to finally own one!  ;D

Welcome to the club! Reading that, I still think it's a shame the guitar was discontinued. Truly one of the best Artist Series guitars...

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Congrats LevelsHigh!  (Great name, BTW)
And welcome to AMIT!  :wave
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineLevelsHigh

• Guitar George

Welcome to the club! Reading that, I still think it's a shame the guitar was discontinued. Truly one of the best Artist Series guitars...

Agree. I read in one of the articles that he said he wanted it to come from the normal production shop so that it would accessible to more fans while at the same time be of such a quality that he would use the same guitar himself. So, when we see him playing them live in videos and on tours, is he actually using one that came off the production line, or are they specially made for him in the custom shop??

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

Agree. I read in one of the articles that he said he wanted it to come from the normal production shop so that it would accessible to more fans while at the same time be of such a quality that he would use the same guitar himself. So, when we see him playing them live in videos and on tours, is he actually using one that came off the production line, or are they specially made for him in the custom shop??

The guitars offered to artists comes from the shops.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I've always thought that Mark's personal signature strats are handbuilt by Todd Krause from Fender. Correct me if I'm wrong.

OfflineLevelsHigh

• Guitar George
I've always thought that Mark's personal signature strats are handbuilt by Todd Krause from Fender. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That has always been my assumption...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Welcome to the 'owners Club' LevelsHigh!! (Great Username!)
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineLevelsHigh

• Guitar George
Anybody have those magazine review articles in PDF format out there??
Many thanks!

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
Hi all.

I´m thinking about buying a MK Strat from 2012. It´s condition is as good as it gets according to the seller. Do you guys know how much they are worth today?

Tobben

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mark-Knopfler-Strat-Fender-Artist-Series-USA-/262586933101?hash=item3d23669f6d:g:kuUAAOSwZVlXuJef

Very hot deal for MK Strat — 1050$ buy it now price. Will not last for too long I suppose.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 37 queries.