Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 293016 times)

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Custom shop texas specials are available in every corner store. swapping them back in  to make it original again is a 10 minute job... but then i guess his pricing should reflect that... my time cost alone is $1200 per hour.. :)

I guess his price should reflect the fact he has 'faffed' around with it in the first place especially as the body paint does chip very easily etc.......
but yet again £1,900.00gbp isn't expensive/unreasonable for this now obsolete guitar....

if it aint broke, dont fix it.... truer words.............

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Custom shop texas specials are available in every corner store. swapping them back in  to make it original again is a 10 minute job... but then i guess his pricing should reflect that... my time cost alone is $1200 per hour.. :)

I guess his price should reflect the fact he has 'faffed' around with it in the first place especially as the body paint does chip very easily etc.......
but yet again £1,900.00gbp isn't expensive/unreasonable for this now obsolete guitar....

if it aint broke, dont fix it.... truer words.............

Haha, indeed so!! :wave
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

As far as I'm concerned, stock MK Strat is not the "holy grail" in terms of wiring, etc., it's just a Strat from 2000s Fender.
A friend of mine got the MK Strat and rewired pretty much everything, with better wires, insulation, etc.
Originality matters, but I don't think it's on that level of preserving it like a museum piece.

After all, we also know that MK's actual instruments are hand build by Fender Custom Shop luthier Todd Krause. It's not like he just went to the guitar store and bought them! Just my 5 cents.

Anyway, even if MK's actual instruments are not hand built by Fender Custom shop guys, it's been in service by a guitar tech with decades of experience and I bet he also did some work on these.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:55:09 PM by quizzaciously »

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George

Absolutely, can't see how the pickups can be a problem. Everybody know MK Strat has texas specials, so just put these if you want. It's not like he's routed the cavity to put HSS set or something.

I was actually negotiating with him to buy it last year around Aug/Sept// I had even bought a set of TS pups to put in there, but then due to the administrative nightmare of having to arrange a CITES permit o get ith here, we cancelled the deal..

just as well, because when my Texas Specials arrived, 2 of the 3 pups were stone dead and I had to send them back.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Absolutely, can't see how the pickups can be a problem. Everybody know MK Strat has texas specials, so just put these if you want. It's not like he's routed the cavity to put HSS set or something.

I was actually negotiating with him to buy it last year around Aug/Sept// I had even bought a set of TS pups to put in there, but then due to the administrative nightmare of having to arrange a CITES permit o get ith here, we cancelled the deal..

just as well, because when my Texas Specials arrived, 2 of the 3 pups were stone dead and I had to send them back.

Things just work themselves out don't they. You were just meant to own the Strat you have now....
Out of curiosity have you a black or brown case with it?

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George

Things just work themselves out don't they. You were just meant to own the Strat you have now....

thankfully I have the black case with it..

i have a brown one which came with my AVRI62....  always thought it looked and felt like my grandmother's old kitchen table (the brown case, not the guitar)... i was about to give the brown one away free with a mexican strat I sold.. thankfully the wife happened to google the price of the case by itself, and made me keep it...

I still think its crap though.

im going to order a Fender Pro ABS flight case soon.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:58:20 PM by StephanG »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

thankfully I have the black case with it..

i have a brown one which came with my AVRI62....  always thought it looked and felt like my grandmother's old kitchen table (the brown case, not the guitar)... i was about to give the brown one away free with a mexican strat I sold.. thankfully the wife happened to google the price of the case by itself, and made me keep it...

I still think its crap though.

im going to order a Fender Pro ABS flight case soon.

Point is that the first few 'batches' came with brown cases and the remainder came with black cases.....

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
i would feel more comfortable with  it in a flight case, they offer better protection for those delicate surfaces..

my AVRI62 has chips and damage from living in the brown case, which clearly doesnt offer the same level of protection when being transported around.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
i would feel more comfortable with  it in a flight case, they offer better protection for those delicate surfaces..

my AVRI62 has chips and damage from living in the brown case, which clearly doesnt offer the same level of protection when being transported around.

The brown cases that came with both my MK Strats are very good and they certainly protect them very well indeed, but each to their own......

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Love my Brown case, exact match for the original case from my 1961 Fender lap steel!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineSellmeMarkKstrat

• Guitar George
If anyone wants to sell their MK strat, please let me know. 

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
If anyway wants to give away his MK Fender Stratocaster, let me know. I have an empty corner at house that needs something like that to be filled  ;D :lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
when I wrote to Fender for the manufacture details of my MK strat.. they replied with the specs, and also still claiming its a 57 body and 62 neck..

the tag in the case clearly says its a 62 lightweight ash body.. and 62 neck...

so i have asked them to clarify that for me..

without having to page through 42 pages of posts, i am sure this has been raised before??? Did anyone get the explanation as to the discrepancy?

krgds

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Mistake on the tag? Probably went out on Friday afternoon. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
Mistake on the tag? Probably went out on Friday afternoon. :)

ive seen it on other tags too.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 37 queries.