Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292882 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

hunter

I guess the seller is banking on some rich collectors / fans out there for whom money is no object, so why not, I guess. For that money though you can get a Fender Custom Shop Strat with the same features, just better built.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I guess the seller is banking on some rich collectors / fans out there for whom money is no object, so why not, I guess. For that money though you can get a Fender Custom Shop Strat with the same features, just better built.

You can it's true but it won't be a Knopfler....

hunter

Well, if the specs are identical, built by the same company, it is. It just doesn't have the signature. (But built by a Custom Shop team, it will be nicer than a Knopfler signature Strat.) These silly prices are only about limited supply and high demand.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Well, if the specs are identical, built by the same company, it is. It just doesn't have the signature. (But built by a Custom Shop team, it will be nicer than a Knopfler signature Strat.) These silly prices are only about limited supply and high demand.

Pays your money takes your choice my friend. I know what I'd rather have....

hunter

Pays your money takes your choice my friend. I know what I'd rather have....

So do I  ;)   :thumbsup

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Heads up Danish people!

Looks as if a real fine example is up for grabs.

16500 DKK equals to circa GBP 1890 or EUR 2220.

https://www.dba.dk/elguitar-fender-mark-knopfler/id-1082234221/
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Heads up Danish people!

Wow, good find!! Looks like SE08350?? Which would make it a late 2010/11 edition.... Reasonable price too
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 02:10:45 PM by Knopflerfan »

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Heads up Danish people!

Wow, good find!! Looks like SE08350?? Which would make it a late 2004 edition.... Reasonable price too

Indeed!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
How do you get the date from that serial?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
How do you get the date from that serial?

Looking at the current list and deducing the date from SE08189 from October 2010. Of course Fender will prove the actual date...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 02:13:25 PM by Knopflerfan »

Offlinemarki

• Local Hero

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

#17 yet, overpriced

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133845478000?hash=item1f29cfea70:g:sGoAAOSwPx5hE8Vn

Good find! I wish them well selling it at that price....There may well be someone willing to pay it?!

hunter

Again, the price only makes sense for collectors and fans, and as with everything else in a free market economy, it all depends on supply and demand.

But the seller writes that Mark is supposed to have been involved in selecting the wood. I doubt it, but does anyone know?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 45 queries.