Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 298992 times)

OfflineDelco23

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello !

I used toand be a MK Strat owner, but unfortunately had to sell it.
I now need to find another legal steroids online one, but it's either missing or too expensive...

Help ! ;D

Yep, too expensive. Won't be able to afford it for the next couple of years, but who knows...

Todd Krause is the Fender Masterbuilder who actually builds Mark Knopfler's personal instruments and this guitar is built to the exact specifications that Mark

I thought Mark used his same signature model as was produced for the masses and not Custom Shop made version?  Thought I heard that somewhere but could certainly be wrong…

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
I suspect an instrument destined for MK may have a little more care, attention and love at the Fender factory than one destined to be for the general public.
SE00000 and SE00001 for example!
I presume these 2 instruments were the correct colour red too?
See what I mean?

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George
On another tack,...
What amps are you guys using to get the best out of the MK Strat?
The Texas specials seem to divide opinion, what seems to work best with these and the ash body?
In the market for a new quality amp.
Thanks.

OfflineDelco23

• Guitar George
I suspect an instrument destined for MK may have a little more care, attention and love at the Fender factory than one destined to be for the general public.
See what I mean?

That does make complete sense! I’ve always wondered about stuff like that… love the bit of mystery behind it.
I was fortunate to see Jimmie Vaughan and his band not long ago. He’s another one that plays his signature model on tour and the YouTube interview with his tech notes that he plays a factory spec guitar (in his case a MIM model no less!) I totally dig that. Love that these guys could be playing any instrument they want and will opt for more inexpensive models. (Like MK’s Danelectro as another good example)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
See what I mean?

That does make complete sense! I’ve always wondered about stuff like that… love the bit of mystery behind it.
I was fortunate to see Jimmie Vaughan and his band not long ago. He’s another one that plays his signature model on tour and the YouTube interview with his tech notes that he plays a factory spec guitar (in his case a MIM model no less!) I totally dig that. Love that these guys could be playing any instrument they want and will opt for more inexpensive models. (Like MK’s Danelectro as another good example)

It would be crazy to assume an artist of MK's magnitude uses off-the-shelf stuff. The man receives a Monteleone guitar as a gift, has dozens of custom guitars built for him, has his own studio, and plays a stock signature guitar. That's insane!

Even Tommy Emmanuel, an artist of way lower calibre than MK, uses a custom-built signature guitar. His Maton is built by one man throughout and you can order an exact guitar like his for about 10 grand. Or by a stock one for way less money.

OfflineDelco23

• Guitar George
See what I mean?

It would be crazy to assume an artist of MK's magnitude uses off-the-shelf stuff. The man receives a Monteleone guitar as a gift, has dozens of custom guitars built for him, has his own studio, and plays a stock signature guitar. That's insane!

Even Tommy Emmanuel, an artist of way lower calibre than MK, uses a custom-built signature guitar. His Maton is built by one man throughout and you can order an exact guitar like his for about 10 grand. Or by a stock one for way less money.

I agree with you. I’m sure there’s a lot of behind the scenes sorcery that goes on related to artists’ guitars and setup that public never hears about.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Hi all,

Can someone tell me something about a MK signature, number SE08690?

Is it used in a tour or charity gig?

Does someone know who owned it before.

Any information is welcome.

Thanks Ingrid

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
BTW, I paid £1,300 new in 2003 which is £2,176 now apparently.

hunter

Some crazy sold prices on Reverb over the last couple of years:

https://reverb.com/p/fender-mark-knopfler-artist-series-signature-stratocaster-hot-red#price-guide

Unbelievable. Good investment if you're a collector/speculator.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
BTW, I paid £1,300 new in 2003 which is £2,176 now apparently.

Will only go up in value...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 41 queries.