Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album Like...?  (Read 7247 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: New Album Like...?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
Love Over Gold.  I gave the album a listen lately, which I don't do very often being a bootleg man, and the studio versions are just awesome.  They sound like live versions on that album.  Love it!

The title track was never played nearly that well on tour.

+10000 :thumbsup

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »
It is always an exciting time when a new MK album is being recorded, wondering if it will be bluesy, folky, country, rocky?    I would like it to be completely different this time - maybe jazzy - that would be a change!   ;)

Funny! I thought recently as well that he could give jazz a try! Haha! - Would be bad for all the rockers out there!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 09:19:34 PM »
Love Over Gold.  I gave the album a listen lately, which I don't do very often being a bootleg man, and the studio versions are just awesome.  They sound like live versions on that album.  Love it!

Posting that prompted me to listen to LOG (the song) again!  The play-out really is a beautifully orchestrated piece of music.  When played live I didn't really care for it at all.  Opportunity missed. :-\
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 09:34:06 PM »

Posting that prompted me to listen to LOG (the song) again!  The play-out really is a beautifully orchestrated piece of music.  When played live I didn't really care for it at all.  Opportunity missed. :-\

LOG might be my favourite DS album, but Im torn between that and Communique. They are very different types of music but incredible atmospheric. Either way they both have excellent album covers.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 10:05:28 PM »
LOG might be my favourite DS album, but Im torn between that and Communique. They are very different types of music but incredible atmospheric. Either way they both have excellent album covers.

Re +1000 :thumbsup :)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 10:11:34 PM »

Yes the song LOG is a rare example of a piece being more elaborated on studio version than live.
I like the live version though, the way it

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 10:15:53 PM »
I hope for a 'Get-Lucky-a-like' album, with up-tempo songs like Border Reiver. But also some acoustic beauty's like Get Lucky. And offcourse folky wonders such as Piper To The End.

With that said I hope for a Privateering 2.0 with amazing songs such as Privateering itself and replace the 'blues-theme' with a more uptempo/rock theme. 

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
Just listened to Communiqu
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 10:22:11 PM »
I just forgot "Portobello Belle" which puts you directly onto the buzzing streets of London, somehow like "Wild West End", with a romantic touch.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 10:43:06 PM »
I just forgot "Portobello Belle" which puts you directly onto the buzzing streets of London, somehow like "Wild West End", with a romantic touch.

Funny that Portobello is also an area of Edinburgh so I always think of that first rather than the market in London!  It's a small Victorian seaside town.  Sean Connery used to work there before he was famous as a lifeguard at the now demolished Art Deco swimming baths.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »
LOG is so rich! I love It never rains. They way it builds in a dark epic at the end is so powerful.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »
Well, what  I would really love to hear is a Mark Knopfler album that is kinda mix of the music from the Delta, the Swamps, Bluegrass with a little punch of Southern Rock.

With guest peformances of Jerry Douglas on his weissenborn, Bela Fleck on his deering crossfire electric banjo,  Derek Trucks sliding around on his Gibson SG, Paul Franklin on his "box" (You and Your Friend) and Sonny Landreth. Plus a vocal duet with Chris Rea.

Anyway, i think it will be the same band so I am quite sure it will be celtic.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 12:07:22 AM »
I read in one interview that for the Infidels sessions he had suggested to Dylan Billy Gibbons, but Dylan went for Mick Taylor. I guess that would have been a terrific collaboration...
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:24 AM »
I would personally like an album full of Guitarist guests as opposed to vocal and would therefore like MK to collaberate with some fellow guitarists ie: Bonamassa, Gilmour and even his (and mine) hero Hank Marvin but then again I'm only dreaming!! ::)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »

Funny that Portobello is also an area of Edinburgh so I always think of that first rather than the market in London!  It's a small Victorian seaside town.  Sean Connery used to work there before he was famous as a lifeguard at the now demolished Art Deco swimming baths.

Interesting fact, never knew that. So it works for me in a slightly other way. Do you mean, PB is about that area an Edinburgh?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 38 queries.