Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Crowfly Recordings  (Read 19787 times)

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
Re: Crowfly Recordings
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 05:19:03 PM »
Good to see recordings from previous tours being made available again. I can’t see it happening for the foreseeable future, but it’d be lovely to have some recordings made available from the Kill to Get Crimson tour. I’d love to hear a soundboard recording from that tour. I think Mark and the band took the performances to another level in all aspects at that point. Great memories of the show I went to see in Brighton that year.

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 05:57:10 PM »
Yes, KTGC tour  very refreshing and have some must have concerts. Would love to have soundboard recording of the İstanbul gig.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2020, 11:28:44 PM »
https://shop.markknopfler.com/product-category/shangri-la-2005-live-concerts/

is there any new gig?

Thank you.

I just (re) bought the London  show : MP3@192 Khz only
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2020, 12:10:37 PM »

is there any new gig?

Thank you.

Thats the original quality of that files.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2020, 03:26:16 PM »
It is a missed oppertunity that you only can pay with credit card. I would have seen also a Paypal option to pay because I don't have a credit card.
And the downloads from the Get Lucky and Privateering tour aren't all the shows you could buy in the past if i compar it with the list from the On Every bootleg website.   
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:29:51 PM by Marnix »

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2020, 04:48:20 PM »

is there any new gig?

Thank you.

Thats the original quality of that files.

It was issued in WMA@192 with DRM.

Did I miss something?
Was the master recording only in 192? I would have guest that the master being uncompressed.
Did they lose the master recording ?
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2020, 04:49:11 PM »
It is a missed oppertunity that you only can pay with credit card. I would have seen also a Paypal option to pay because I don't have a credit card.
And the downloads from the Get Lucky and Privateering tour aren't all the shows you could buy in the past if i compar it with the list from the On Every bootleg website.

They are still uploading them. Just check the files are not on the main shop page... Yet.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2020, 08:09:47 PM »
You have to "clic" on the "The Legends Series ..." ad, on "Preorder now" (no worry, nothing to pay at this step), and you have, on the right, the menu with the old recordings  (2005, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2019).

Thanks a lot for the hint.  :thumbsup
I can`t understand why they make it so difficult to find these recordings to order. So glad they are available again!
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2020, 09:11:25 AM »
You have to "clic" on the "The Legends Series ..." ad, on "Preorder now" (no worry, nothing to pay at this step), and you have, on the right, the menu with the old recordings  (2005, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2019).

Thanks a lot for the hint.  :thumbsup
I can`t understand why they make it so difficult to find these recordings to order. So glad they are available again!

They make it so difficult because they are not public yet, as they didn't finished uploading. The fact that we can access through that other way is probably because they are just testing it.

When everything is uploaded, it should be visible in the shop main page. It is just that we are on every tiny detail and discover everything, lol

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2021, 04:28:03 PM »
Quick update on this one. I've just ordered the 2005 Milan recording through the MK store. I had it already but some files were incomplete (my oldest CD-R have started to die…).

The description under the videos uploaded on MK's Youtube channel says that "complete recordings are available in 320Kpbs mp3 format. That would have been cool beans but… nope. They're exactly the same as when first released, that's to say a 128Kpbs mp3 format. I didn't bother leaving a comment on the YT channel, not very important anyway. That said, those recordings still sound much better than all that came after that, especially the 2013-2019 recordings that I personally never liked.

Shall I add that you pay for 5 downloads, unlimited in time, which ain't bad. I hope this helps, if some of you are willing to buy.

Fingers crossed for more from the 2002-2010 years now (complete tours or something like that).

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2021, 06:26:37 PM »
Quick update on this one. I've just ordered the 2005 Milan recording through the MK store. I had it already but some files were incomplete (my oldest CD-R have started to die…).

The description under the videos uploaded on MK's Youtube channel says that "complete recordings are available in 320Kpbs mp3 format. That would have been cool beans but… nope. They're exactly the same as when first released, that's to say a 128Kpbs mp3 format. I didn't bother leaving a comment on the YT channel, not very important anyway. That said, those recordings still sound much better than all that came after that, especially the 2013-2019 recordings that I personally never liked.

Shall I add that you pay for 5 downloads, unlimited in time, which ain't bad. I hope this helps, if some of you are willing to buy.

Fingers crossed for more from the 2002-2010 years now (complete tours or something like that).

I agree the 2005 ones are by far better than the other tours
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2021, 06:51:44 PM »
Simfy 2010 recordings were excellent I think...

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2021, 12:24:57 PM »
Yes they were almost as good as the 2005 recordings, which I would rank #1 despite high compression. The 2010 were close and then what followed didn't sound half as good in my opinion.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2021, 12:26:26 PM »
Yes they were almost as good as the 2005 recordings, which I would rank #1 despite high compression. The 2010 were close and then what followed didn't sound half as good in my opinion.
Are you talking about the recording sound quality or the quality of the performances ? Or both ?

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2021, 09:29:10 AM »
Are you talking about the recording sound quality or the quality of the performances ? Or both ?

Well, I was talking about the recordings but if you're asking me, both actually. Not that the latter performances aren't good but I much prefer the 2002-2010 band incarnation than what followed. I would have liked to see more of Robbie McIntosh and Geraint Watkins alongside MK. Both match well with MK's music, I think.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 09:37:29 AM by NicoMK »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 38 queries.