Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Crowfly Recordings  (Read 19984 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Re: Crowfly Recordings
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2021, 03:18:48 PM »
Simfy 2010 recordings were excellent I think...
Yes they were almost as good as the 2005 recordings, which I would rank #1 despite high compression. The 2010 were close and then what followed didn't sound half as good in my opinion.
Are you talking about the recording sound quality or the quality of the performances ? Or both ?

Well, I was talking about the recordings but if you're asking me, both actually. Not that the latter performances aren't good but I much prefer the 2002-2010 band incarnation than what followed. I would have liked to see more of Robbie McIntosh and Geraint Watkins alongside MK. Both match well with MK's music, I think.
Indeed, Robbie rules ! (not too sure about Geraint being best suited for MK's music).
I was lucky enough to see John Illsley with Robbie in Saint-Julien in 2019. Since Mark didn't play Sultans that year I was glad to have their version, really not bad actually. And since I never had a chance to hear DS play TOL and WDYTYG, it was great to hear their takes on them, not the real thing but nonetheless very enjoyable !
I also prefer Danny to Ianto on drums (well in 2019 we got both of them, so the renditions of MFN and WAM were stellar IMHO). On Speedway Danny has the edge !

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 38 queries.