Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album Title: 'Tracker' : Release: Begin 2015  (Read 299633 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Album Title: 'Tracker' : Release: Begin 2015
« Reply #750 on: March 03, 2015, 08:27:29 AM »
About the release date, it is supposed to be on 16th but it looks that some countries applies their own rules depending in which day the releases are made before all the EU adopt Friday as the release date, for instance, right now Tuesday is the release date in Spain so it means we will get the record on 17th...

I think I read that some other countries (Holland?) will have it released on 13rd, is that right? Which are the release dates by country? Please add yours if the date is different

Worldwide 16th
Spain 17th
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #751 on: March 03, 2015, 08:35:39 AM »
About the release date, it is supposed to be on 16th but it looks that some countries applies their own rules depending in which day the releases are made before all the EU adopt Friday as the release date, for instance, right now Tuesday is the release date in Spain so it means we will get the record on 17th...

I think I read that some other countries (Holland?) will have it released on 13rd, is that right? Which are the release dates by country? Please add yours if the date is different

Worldwide 16th
Spain 17th

Sweden, as always last.

18th.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #752 on: March 03, 2015, 08:36:40 AM »

Worldwide 16th
Spain 17th

Seems to be 13th in Finland.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #753 on: March 03, 2015, 08:50:14 AM »
Is it just me or didn't we have snippets available from Privateering this close to release last time?
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

foma

« Reply #754 on: March 03, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »
Is it just me or didn't we have snippets available from Privateering this close to release last time?

Nope, actually we had it 5 (five!) weeks before release. This time all the websites decided not to do snippets for some reason.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #755 on: March 03, 2015, 09:48:02 AM »

Nope, actually we had it 5 (five!) weeks before release. This time all the websites decided not to do snippets for some reason.

They're hiding something from the people, something that will be too late to stop once it is out there...  :think

KTGC vol 2? ;)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #756 on: March 03, 2015, 09:54:51 AM »

Worldwide 16th
Spain 17th

Correct, Friday 13th march in Holland. They start sending Thursday 12th March from UK to Holland. I went to the local music shop last week and asked if they can get it before 13th march. This wasn't possible :P

They will have it Friday 13th march in the morning.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #757 on: March 03, 2015, 10:15:18 AM »

Worldwide 16th
Spain 17th

Correct, Friday 13th march in Holland. They start sending Thursday 12th March from UK to Holland. I went to the local music shop last week and asked if they can get it before 13th march. This wasn't possible :P

The guy who's a big fan of Bob? Great store he has. By the way, will this be the first time there is no leak?
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #758 on: March 03, 2015, 10:16:32 AM »

Worldwide 16th
Spain 17th

The guy who's a big fan of Bob? Great store he has. By the way, will this be the first time there is no leak?

Yes, that same Guy, same shop  ;) He has reserved the limited Box for me  :clap

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #759 on: March 03, 2015, 10:21:41 AM »

Worldwide 16th
Spain 17th

If they make it to the release date without any leaks it would almost be historical.

surferboy

« Reply #760 on: March 03, 2015, 10:30:27 AM »
Maybe there are leaks but people are afraid to speak about it because of modern day legal action against them?

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #761 on: March 03, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »
Was there a privateering leak? And when?

surferboy

« Reply #762 on: March 03, 2015, 10:34:24 AM »

Of the 11 (classic) album tracks we already have 4: two complete and two snippets form the short film, so we do know quite a substantial part of it already.

surferboy

« Reply #763 on: March 03, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »

It is the same with the album lyrics.
Instead of eating my nails while waiting for release day I learned the lyrics and it was quite strange, because by learning them you automatically form an idea about what the song would sound like.
But MK can make the melody sound opposite to the meaning of the song, e.g. Ticket to Heaven.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:51:39 AM by surferboy »

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #764 on: March 03, 2015, 10:54:19 AM »

Of the 11 (classic) album tracks we already have 4: two complete and two snippets form the short film, so we do know quite a substantial part of it already.

True. And we had two or three being played at the MK+Dylan tour as well.

But with the iTunes snippets from Privateering you pretty much got a good picture of the record's outline.

This time it is more concealed, and I somehow like it like that :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 47 queries.