Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album Title: 'Tracker' : Release: Begin 2015  (Read 299594 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Album Title: 'Tracker' : Release: Begin 2015
« Reply #870 on: March 08, 2015, 12:27:46 PM »
This intro sounds fairly celtic to me - it reminds me a bit of the sound on Gerry Rafferty's excellent album "North & South" (1988) ...

...looking forward to enjoy this track completely, hopefully on Thursday!

LE

You lucky thing, LE!     :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #871 on: March 08, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »
This intro sounds fairly celtic to me - it reminds me a bit of the sound on Gerry Rafferty's excellent album "North & South" (1988) ...

Interesting! From the very first listen I have the feeling that this sounds pretty exoctic, almost Eastern, might have to to that I think this slide guitar part sounds a little bit sitar-like.. love it! And the very first words Mark sings sound awesome. Indeed when the guitar rhythm part sets in (during Mark talking),
it has a little resemblance with The Fish And The Bird"... looking forward to enjoy this track completely, hopefully on Thursday!

LE

Friday  :P
Proud member of the AMIT crew

LoveExpresso

« Reply #872 on: March 08, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
No, hoping for Thursday. MediaMarkt in my town said it is pretty possible that the get it one day before. Plus amazon.de changed the date for the mp3-version from March 9th (which would be tomorrow!!!!) to March 12th. I am pretty sure I couldn't resist if the dowload version would be available earlier.

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #873 on: March 08, 2015, 01:09:24 PM »
No, hoping for Thursday. MediaMarkt in my town said it is pretty possible that the get it one day before. Plus amazon.de changed the date for the mp3-version from March 9th (which would be tomorrow!!!!) to March 12th. I am pretty sure I couldn't resist if the dowload version would be available earlier.

LE

Same here.. I don't hope the record will leak onto the internet. I will ask my roommate to lock me in a isolated room without internet because I'm sure I would listen to it.. Spoils the moment!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

LoveExpresso

« Reply #874 on: March 08, 2015, 01:13:32 PM »
When the complete album is available, I never get it when it is said that it "spoils the moment"?  :) :think

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #875 on: March 08, 2015, 01:20:58 PM »
When the complete album is available, I never get it when it is said that it "spoils the moment"?  :) :think

LE

Well, I just love the moment of listening to it through a good sound system rather than mp3 quality from a laptop.

LoveExpresso

« Reply #876 on: March 08, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »
Yes, that's right of course.
For example, I have a day off from work on Thursday. It would be perfectly fitting to get the CD early that day and playing it for the first time - whereas
on Friday, a delievery to my place of work would mean a big task... The kind of excellent problems we always have every couple of years and the kind of problems I would never wish to get rid of..  ;D

LE

foma

« Reply #877 on: March 08, 2015, 01:52:38 PM »
Come on, 99.99% of people would not notice any diffirence between mp3 version and CD. At least mp3 from online stores. I'm not in that 0.01% part of the world, so as soon I'd get a leak, I will listen to it, although my iTunes pre-order waits me on 16-th March and deluxe CD will arrive a month later.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #878 on: March 08, 2015, 02:30:38 PM »
Come on, 99.99% of people would not notice any diffirence between mp3 version and CD. At least mp3 from online stores. I'm not in that 0.01% part of the world, so as soon I'd get a leak, I will listen to it, although my iTunes pre-order waits me on 16-th March and deluxe CD will arrive a month later.

It's just the whole experience.. The smell of the booklet, putting the cd into the player, sit down with a cuppa coffee, and then just listen in great quality (because you do hear the difference, cd is much warmer than an MP3) if I speak for myself I rather have cd quality. If you listen close on a good system you can hear. Yeah LE, I agree with you. The struggle, I hope it continues long!

foma

« Reply #879 on: March 08, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »

It's just the whole experience.. The smell of the booklet, putting the cd into the player, sit down with a cuppa coffee, and then just listen in great quality (because you do hear the difference, cd is much warmer than an MP3) if I speak for myself I rather have cd quality. If you listen close on a good system you can hear. Yeah LE, I agree with you. The struggle, I hope it continues long!

I know it's a very, very tough discussion on mp3, but I remember the day I listened 'Get Lucky' for the first time. It was early august summer night (because the album leaked almost a month prior to its release), I was on holiday in the country, so what I did, I climbed on the roof that night, with my trusty mp3 player and good headphones and listened whole album under clear night sky and stars. And I actually cried on 'Piper to the End'.

Now that was an experience I should say. I could listen it on a vinyl, but it's hard to get vinyl so early, and bring it on the roof lol!

And now, every time I hear 'Hard Shoulder' or anything from Get Lucky I remember me sitting on the roof that night and listening.

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #880 on: March 08, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »
reckon it will leak tail end of this week when physical units start moving around .These days all the journos listen online in coded locations so leaks don't happen until much closer.Unless someone in amazon presses the wrong button by accident on purpose which is what happend at the last bruce springsteen release it will be then.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #881 on: March 08, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »

I know it's a very, very tough discussion on mp3, but I remember the day I listened 'Get Lucky' for the first time. It was early august summer night (because the album leaked almost a month prior to its release), I was on holiday in the country, so what I did, I climbed on the roof that night, with my trusty mp3 player and good headphones and listened whole album under clear night sky and stars. And I actually cried on 'Piper to the End'.

Now that was an experience I should say. I could listen it on a vinyl, but it's hard to get vinyl so early, and bring it on the roof lol!

And now, every time I hear 'Hard Shoulder' or anything from Get Lucky I remember me sitting on the roof that night and listening.

That's a wonderful story. Maybe one of the best ways to become introduced to the new songs that just "walked out of the door to have a life of their own". Although I'm very fond of high quality audio, it's the whole experience that counts. So just as you said, even a mp3 file will do it in the right circumstances.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineAlex_melilla

• Local Hero
« Reply #882 on: March 08, 2015, 06:18:36 PM »
Tonight at 00:01 , can we buy the album in mp3?

:hmm :hmm :hmm :hmm :hmm :hmm :o

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #883 on: March 08, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »
Tonight at 00:01 , can we buy the album in mp3?

:hmm :hmm :hmm :hmm :hmm :hmm :o

Now where on earth would that be?
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineAlex_melilla

• Local Hero
« Reply #884 on: March 08, 2015, 09:20:30 PM »
i see in amazon mark knopfler tracker mp3

Original Release Date: 9 Mar. 2015
Release Date: 9 Mar. 2015
Label: Virgin EMI
Copyright: (C) 2014 Will D. Side Limited under exclusive licence to Mercury Records Limited
Record Company Required Metadata: Music file metadata contains unique purchase identifier. Learn more.
Total Length: 1:14:36

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 49 queries.