Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (10) Beryl (3:10)  (Read 149957 times)

Onlinenaif

• Camerado
Re: Lead single from Tracker: "Beryl"!! # SPOILER ####
« Reply #390 on: February 13, 2015, 01:21:32 PM »
Mark talks about the song, nothing new i suppose but...

http://www.udiscovermusic.com/exclusive-hear-mark-knopfler-speak-beryl

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2015, 12:58:05 AM »
Also here with Italian Subtitles

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2015, 01:50:08 AM »

OfflineMisterYES

• Local Hero
Re: Has Beryl killed Sultans?
« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2015, 05:33:57 PM »
It's not just the "count in" that is Sultan-ish, also there is the grove, tempo, rhythm, few drum fills and guitar licks etc...but to "kill"? I don't think so...would it be a nice replacement in the setlist perhaps? Maybe...

Non the less, I'd always take songs like Beryl prior previous two early released ones like Get Lucky and Redbud Tree, so I got the very good feel about the Tracker, can't wait   :D

But I'm also not so sure that technical difficulties of the "the twiddly bits" or guitar skill in general, played the part in dropping out SOS on Privateering tour. There are many much more difficult to play guitar licks on other songs which Mark still plays very well. I found the last Telegraph solo much harder than "the twiddly bits" per example. After all, "the twiddly bits" are not so hard to play at all. As a player I can assure on that. Plus, I'm yet to hear a live record of SOS from 2013 tour where are any troubles with "the twiddly bits" can be heard...but my "theory" on that topic goes forward that something else in the band not as quite as it should. Comparing to GL tour records of SOS perhaps...those from 2013 are quite less energetic. If I must do the ugly job of pointing fingers, I'd address it to the drums...

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
    • AMIT TV
Re: (10) Beryl (3:10)
« Reply #394 on: February 22, 2015, 04:56:26 AM »
 :smack :think ??? ??? ???
They allowed us to add AMIT TV version this time??? Record companies?? YT ???  :think :smack

Mark Knopfler - Lead Single 'BERYL' from ('Tracker' 2B released March 2015)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #395 on: February 22, 2015, 05:50:29 PM »
:smack :think ??? ??? ???
They allowed us to add AMIT TV version this time??? Record companies?? YT ???  :think :smack

Mark Knopfler - Lead Single 'BERYL' from ('Tracker' 2B released March 2015)

That's really a great vid Shangri la!!! And it maybe the reason why the record company allowed you to post it!! Thanks. Congratulations!! :clap :thumbsup :wave
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:52:26 AM by shangri la 1 »
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

foma

« Reply #396 on: February 22, 2015, 11:32:05 PM »
By the way, chords is a mess when they showed on centre, it should be aligned on left and monospaced font should be used, like Courier one.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #397 on: February 23, 2015, 12:47:57 AM »
By the way, chords is a mess when they showed on centre, it should be aligned on left and monospaced font should be used, like Courier one.
Thanks foma. We have  aligned the tabs left as you recommended. Please let us know if the tab is OK now, so that we can correct it if it needs to be changed. We just copy/pasted them and sometimes certain symbols don't retain the exact same form in different fonts/spacings, etc.
It would be nice if you were able to transcribe the remaining tracks tab also.  :wave
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:51:30 AM by shangri la 1 »

foma

« Reply #398 on: February 23, 2015, 12:59:08 AM »
Thanks foma. We have  aligned the tabs left as you recommended. Please let us know if the tab is OK now, so that we can correct it if it needs to be changed. We just copy/pasted them and sometimes certain symbols don't retain the exact same form in different fonts/spacings, etc.
It would be nice if you were able to transcribe the remaining tracks tab also.  :wave

I'll do of course, I think it will be my best complete single-handed tab book! :lol
It's a pleasure to transcribe best music from best songwriter as best as it possible.

OfflineNick14

• Camerado
« Reply #399 on: March 16, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »
Interesting to now hear Beryle in the context of the rest of the album - it may be th eonly song that doesn't really fit style wise - stands out like a sore thumb in that conext. Maybe this should have been a bonus song?!

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
« Reply #400 on: March 16, 2015, 12:32:01 PM »
Interesting to now hear Beryle in the context of the rest of the album - it may be th eonly song that doesn't really fit style wise - stands out like a sore thumb in that conext. Maybe this should have been a bonus song?!

I agree, but for once they seem to have made a choice based on marketing reasons and its DS-kind-of-sound.

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #401 on: March 16, 2015, 08:56:44 PM »

I agree, but for once they seem to have made a choice based on marketing reasons and its DS-kind-of-sound.
agree too......the song doesen't fit.......when " Beryl " was released as a single I thought......yeeeeees......the album will be pretty much DS style  :lol
But I'm very happy about the new album  ;)
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

foma

« Reply #402 on: March 16, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »
The song Beryl pretty much got SAME attention as a whole album itself. Amazing thing, isn't it?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #403 on: March 16, 2015, 09:47:32 PM »
MK's albums have been all over the place style wise since OES...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #404 on: March 17, 2015, 12:34:13 PM »
The song Beryl pretty much got SAME attention as a whole album itself. Amazing thing, isn't it?

It's kind of annoying me at the moment;  I love the melody but wish he'd spent more time on the lyrics.  There's only enough lyrics in here for one verse never mind an entire song!  Mark can write so much better, he just hasn't don himself justice here.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 44 queries.