Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (14) Terminal of Tribute To (5:52)  (Read 147972 times)

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
Re: (14) Terminal of Tribute To (5:52)
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2015, 11:53:52 PM »
This song should be on the vinyl, pretty disappointed that it isn't as it is fantastic.

I hear Hendrix licks in here in the guitar work.

Yes, a musical shot at the Straits and a powerful one but all is fair in love and war. This though is probably the reason it is kept off the album as it would have caused a stir with the critics asking questions etc which is a real shame particualr ly when the message is so direct .

Cmon man this should have been on the vinyl...sooooo good

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2015, 11:59:18 PM »
Ah, now i get what you all mean with the Hendrix licks. Yes, i like that too. EC used also to play this way a lot. Yeah, it's a good song, and it has a big impact (considering this thread and Guys Forum). Exciting Times!

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2015, 12:00:06 AM »
The intro is a bit spooky...brings to mind ghosts and ghools or perhaps Most Haunted, the theme tune of which AC composed.

Naughty, naughty

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2015, 12:50:17 AM »
AC is never mentioned in the Song, so it should not be a problem at all. MK didn't offend anyone personally, neither anyone of his ex band mates nor the Straits. This is all well done, fair and perfectly ok. There is no real damage made. Whereas the precise information that you demand, more out of the feeling of curiousity could cause the real damage.
My thoughts exactly. Like an artist, he let the music do the talking.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2015, 05:14:54 AM »
I think it sounds a bit similar to "Let It Grow" (as someone already mentioned here). I can hardly hear any similarities to DS recordings. The guitar sound is different (although it is a Strat), a lot more acoustic guitar strumming, fairly unusual harmonies.

The outro especially has the vibe and style of Let It Grow.
Is there a word for musical moments that make you feel another song?
I find myself singing Radio City Serenade during My Heart has Never Changed and the Long Cool Girl melody instantly makes me hum Cry Baby Cry by the Beatles no less!
Just a feature of most modern music, it's unusual when a new song doesn't invoke an old melody.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

surferboy

« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2015, 07:22:18 AM »
So, now Alan Clark was humiliated completely for the eternity in the sacred place of the genuine music of MK. If the song would be played life also in front the audience & world would get worse . I'm very disappointed of MK doing it this way especially when all is finished now and The Straits splitted up. Sound like revenge for me. Would be better if he would say it in an interview, on his site, or just calling him "listen ash***, do not mess with my music". It all be OK.
 It's clear now these two have old scores to settle down.

I'm not sure "The Straits thing" is really finished. With his next band attempt AC will most certainly try again to get attention by using DS material heavily.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2015, 08:47:31 AM »
AC is never mentioned in the Song, so it should not be a problem at all. MK didn't offend anyone personally, neither anyone of his ex band mates nor the Straits. This is all well done, fair and perfectly ok. There is no real damage made. Whereas the precise information that you demand, more out of the feeling of curiousity could cause the real damage.
My thoughts exactly. Like an artist, he let the music do the talking.
The very same for me after re listening to the song!!!!!!!! MK is a genius and a very intelligent Man, I never doubt he is!! :wave  :thumbsup
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2015, 09:40:50 AM »
As well as "Let it Grow", I can also hear in my mind the outro of "Junkie Doll"   :hmm
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2015, 09:48:01 AM »
Guy Fletcher:

I will say that TOTT is in our provisional set-list.  :clap
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2015, 10:26:09 AM »
Setting me up and The mans too strong we're on provisional set lists too in the past...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineH97

• Camerado
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »
Setting me up and The mans too strong we're on provisional set lists too in the past...

Which tours were that again? I can't remember  :hmm

Onlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2015, 10:46:33 AM »

Agree! It would be better if we stop digging deep inside and just enjoy the music. Or talk about the next song or even better for the next MK album.  ;D ;D ;D

If there is a message to somebody in this lyrics I'm sure it has already reached him.
13 pages are enough for this song, the others have 5-6 and it's not fair
C'mon !
This song manages to be:
-the best musically
-the most controversial lirycally
-the most unfairly treated politically (bonus song whereas it should have been a single)

That's three good reasons to talk about it more than the others, each one being sufficient alone :)

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2015, 11:15:46 AM »
So, now Alan Clark was humiliated completely for the eternity in the sacred place of the genuine music of MK. If the song would be played life also in front the audience & world would get worse .

If the song is played live, 99% of the people in the audience will have no idea what it's about, just like most of MK's songs. 
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

surferboy

« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2015, 11:22:37 AM »
So, now Alan Clark was humiliated completely for the eternity in the sacred place of the genuine music of MK. If the song would be played life also in front the audience & world would get worse .

If the song is played live, 99% of the people in the audience will have no idea what it's about, just like most of MK's songs.

At his feet a sea of faces
Make devotions with their love
Clap their hands...

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »

At his feet a sea of faces
Make devotions with their love
Clap their hands...
[/quote]

But that's another song ;-) But a great one too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 43 queries.