Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (14) Terminal of Tribute To (5:52)  (Read 146810 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: (14) Terminal of Tribute To (5:52)
« Reply #270 on: March 21, 2015, 03:59:44 PM »
Would love to see the video too!

So do i, thanks.
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
« Reply #271 on: March 21, 2015, 04:39:45 PM »
Well I would like to see it too! :)

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #272 on: March 21, 2015, 08:03:51 PM »
  :think Please watch is you are interested ((most people I know in my age group (60+) hate music videos, but I see them as a means of introducing Mark & Guy’s masterpiece to all the younger generations)), and please don’t publish them anywhere. If they ever are allowed to be published, we want it to be sort of like an advertisement for our lovely little forum!!  :think

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #273 on: March 21, 2015, 10:45:02 PM »
  :think Please watch is you are interested ((most people I know in my age group (60+) hate music videos, but I see them as a means of introducing Mark & Guy’s masterpiece to all the younger generations)), and please don’t publish them anywhere. If they ever are allowed to be published, we want it to be sort of like an advertisement for our lovely little forum!!  :think

Thanks Shangri la, don't worry!!! I do not share videos nor photos that are not mine!!! What you did is excellent work!!! Love them!! :thumbsup :clap :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #274 on: March 22, 2015, 12:03:55 AM »
Well, well I don't think that we're going to have an answer to this really good question because I don't think MK will ever give a clear explanation on why he wrote this song!!!

He always gives details to any song.

I don't know why he shouldn't in this case.

We just need a journalist to ask a question.

I would LOVE to but no chance yet  ;D Anyway, I DID have the opportunity to do a little interview with John Illsley as he will be playing at this nice music club in my hometown next week. I just had to ask him about The Straits and what he thinks about fans who think tribute bands are exploiting MK's heritage and only do it for the money. Here is his answer:
"Tricky one this, there are a lot of DS fans out there who will object to antything that isn’t the real thing, they have very strong opinions. Mark and I did ask The Straits to not use the name however. There are however a huge amount of fans out there who want to hear those songs again. I think if musicians or tribute bands are playing those songs with “Respect” then I have no problem with that. I myself play the songs in various outfits but then being a founder member, for me that makes it ok. Mark has no desire to go back to those old days, I understand that too."

Very interesting that he and MK seem to have asked The Straits not to use the name...

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #275 on: March 22, 2015, 08:29:09 AM »
Thanks Goldenheart 96 for telling us what John Illsley answered you. JI is an original member with MK which means that he really got the chance to discuss seriously this matter with his former band mate!! Now regarding  these hard words he used for the lyrics, I talked to my brother yesterday about them and he said that MK must have been very hurt and betrayed by AC as they were close friends so TOTT was his way to express himself.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:46:17 AM by Marijo58 »

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2015, 11:14:29 AM »
Well, the fact that MK and John asked the straits not to use this name brings an additional dimension to the song. So obviously the straits have chosen the name, knowing that Mark and John do not like it. That must have been a huge affront to MK, and TOTT is just a gentleman´s answer to that.

Very direct statement also from Guy about DS legends yesterday: "It's a free world but the deception is worrying. Bonkers."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:18:34 AM by junkiedoll »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2015, 11:01:12 PM »
Thanks GH96.  Interesting stuff indeed...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineLeprechaun

• Local Hero
« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »
Looks like that the chance for a DS gig for charity is more unprobable than ever. If it happened then with MK,JI,Pick and GF.but a dream would be the original 4 peace band with david.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2015, 08:53:44 AM »
Looks like that the chance for a DS gig for charity is more unprobable than ever. If it happened then with MK,JI,Pick and GF.but a dream would be the original 4 peace band with david.

So true what you wrote. It would be so nice to see David joining MK, JI, Pick and Guy!! But It's only a dream I'm afraid...

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #280 on: March 27, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »

:wave Maybe not. This bloke, who has been the inspiration for our little forum, has more than just unique guitar, vocal and writing styles. He has humility & humanity levels at a much higher dosage than most other inhabitants of this globe that we all cling to, so never say never.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:05:20 AM by shangri la 1 »

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2015, 09:12:51 AM »

:wave Maybe not. This bloke, who has been the inspiration for our little forum, has more than just unique guitar, vocal and writing styles. He has humility & humanity levels at a much higher dosage than most other inhabitants of this globe that we all cling to, so never say never.  ;)

And yet he appears to have been transformed into a grumpy tweed covered old man that does almost everything to kill anything that has to do with DS   :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2015, 09:22:02 AM »
Yes Shangri la, I would like to believe that a Man like him could change his mind about re forming one beautiful day DS with the 4 original members but I'm not sure that he really wants it deep inside!!! Time will tell us maybe!!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2015, 09:24:03 AM »

And yet he appears to have been transformed into a grumpy tweed covered old man that does almost everything to kill anything that has to do with DS   :)

He wasn't anything like a grumpy old man in that video - quite the opposite, in fact!   It was a beautiful little film.    If MK wants to move away from DS, that's his choice and, personally, I'm enjoying his solo albums much more than the DS ones. Tracker is the icing on the cake!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2015, 09:30:17 AM »

He wasn't anything like a grumpy old man in that video - quite the opposite, in fact!   It was a beautiful little film.    If MK wants to move away from DS, that's his choice and, personally, I'm enjoying his solo albums much more than the DS ones. Tracker is the icing on the cake!   :)

Yes I agree. They are two different eras, and I have come to accept that, but there are still so many that haven't.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 37 queries.