Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 615070 times)

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2016, 01:50:13 AM »
If there is another "big" tour?
Maybe just a few dates here and there...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2016, 09:14:35 AM »
If the new project has something to do with a collaboration record and MK want to stick at it live, yes, there will be some concerts here and there only...

If he stick at his setlists standard, he would do a whole tour just playing one or two of the new songs by himself and all the songs he's playing every tour.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2016, 12:39:02 PM »
If he stick at his setlists standard, he would do a whole tour just playing one or two of the new songs by himself and all the songs he's playing every tour.

I make queston to Mark: Why you bother?  ::) :-\ :hmm :thumbsdown :think

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #258 on: December 16, 2016, 01:31:22 PM »
Ah, come on! Less doom and gloom in this season of goodwill. New stuff of some ilk to look forward to in the New Year! Ho-ho-ho! :D

Offlinejeffreyvr

• Local Hero
« Reply #259 on: December 16, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »

And I have one for you: why do you bother? You appear to be here just to whine. Say something positive for a change.
Hey, don't forget your hat.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #260 on: December 16, 2016, 02:42:22 PM »

And I have one for you: why do you bother? You appear to be here just to whine. Say something positive for a change.

+1

I don't understand why people are moaning when absolutely nothing is known yet.   Try looking forward with optimism, it's good for you, apparently, and can add years to your life!   ;)

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #261 on: December 16, 2016, 03:15:54 PM »

It was not mean to whine. I am curios how for Mark is possible to make every tour so many repetition. HOw he must not to get bord?

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #262 on: December 16, 2016, 04:11:50 PM »
I don't know why people don't understand, Mark has and always will play whatever HE wants to, and it makes no difference what anyone on here or elsewhere says!!! I for one, am just glad he is still touring, he doesn't have to, but he wants to. He will be very missed when he is no longer around. I am yet to find anyone who still writes and plays like him. So, I am very excited to what's to come, and I am glad Guy is not revealing anything yet, these days we are to used to having all the information, let's just wait till we have some official information and stop guessing.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #263 on: December 16, 2016, 04:19:15 PM »
As I believe Mark's setlist is a combination of what he wants, what his band wants (remember, "Broken Bones" was actually a "request" form a band member as far as I'm concerned), and most important — what he can play. Not every song suits modern MK, so he have a little songs choice. I think Taormina would have been to hard for him to sing live, for instance. Stage is not studio and you have to make this choices.

I was one of the most active moaners about the setlist, but time is the greatest healer and now I can understand the situation much better.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #264 on: December 16, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
I don't know why people don't understand, Mark has and always will play whatever HE wants to, and it makes no difference what anyone on here or elsewhere says!!! I for one, am just glad he is still touring, he doesn't have to, but he wants to. He will be very missed when he is no longer around. I am yet to find anyone who still writes and plays like him. So, I am very excited to what's to come, and I am glad Guy is not revealing anything yet, these days we are to used to having all the information, let's just wait till we have some official information and stop guessing.

Agree completely!    :thumbsup
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #265 on: December 16, 2016, 05:00:52 PM »

It was not mean to whine. I am curios how for Mark is possible to make every tour so many repetition. HOw he must not to get bord?

It's really very simple. If you don't like listening to Mark Knopfler anymore, there are other artists. Listen to them.

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2016, 10:44:19 PM »
It's really very simple. If you don't like listening to Mark Knopfler anymore, there are other artists. Listen to them.

What a hell?  :hmm  I like listen Mark, but must to be member on Mark forum you must to kiss a$$? For me only mistery how a men with no limit for artist posibility or finans can make same music and same concert again and again. Try new stuffs! What to lose?

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #267 on: December 16, 2016, 11:23:15 PM »

Agree completely!    :thumbsup

1+ :thumbsup
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

Love Expresso

« Reply #268 on: December 17, 2016, 10:47:58 AM »
So, I am very excited to what's to come, and I am glad Guy is not revealing anything yet, these days we are to used to having all the information, let's just wait till we have some official information and stop guessing.

Agree with your post except the last three words. This is a fan forum and speculating as expression of excitement should be seen as pure fun and nothing more. Even if it leads to nothing, it should of course be allowed.

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2016, 11:04:33 AM »
So, I am very excited to what's to come, and I am glad Guy is not revealing anything yet, these days we are to used to having all the information, let's just wait till we have some official information and stop guessing.

Agree with your post except the last three words. This is a fan forum and speculating as expression of excitement should be seen as pure fun and nothing more. Even if it leads to nothing, it should of course be allowed.

LE

Fully agree
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 41 queries.