Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 615093 times)

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #495 on: March 01, 2017, 11:08:46 PM »
In my humble opinion DWB is a marvelous timeless song. Storytelling at it's best. You hardly hear songs with such wonderful lyrics. The arrangement with traditional instruments fit the song very well. They make sense in relation to the topic of the song. Great melody and wonderful harmonies. And the guitar fill between the first line and the second line of the song is one of the best in Mark's whole discography.  "We pay in hell since Moscow burn ... tidedideleti ...these etc. " ;D

totally agree DWB is one of my favorites love the folky and awesome story of a foot soldier serving under Bonaparte praying out to god.
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
« Reply #496 on: March 02, 2017, 08:33:49 PM »
Speaking of releases, in my humble opinion, what is lacking in the market is a production of a documentary about Dire Straits, something produced by Ed Bicknell (perhaps the fifth Straits). I believe that the history of the band under the eye of Ed Bicknell would be something wonderful for us all fans, because it certainly should bring new nuances, perspectives on the band, since he was in EVERY MOMENT of Dire Straits.

About this, what do you think?

Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #497 on: March 02, 2017, 08:45:23 PM »
Speaking of releases, in my humble opinion, what is lacking in the market is a production of a documentary about Dire Straits, something produced by Ed Bicknell (perhaps the fifth Straits). I believe that the history of the band under the eye of Ed Bicknell would be something wonderful for us all fans, because it certainly should bring new nuances, perspectives on the band, since he was in EVERY MOMENT of Dire Straits.

About this, what do you think?

I don't think so, because Mark seems to forget about existing of his "exes", like no single mentioning of John Suhr in Guitar Stories, his brother, etc...
So, no, certainly nothing to do with the guys whose names you can't say around his Markness. And I highly doubt it will be DS related, too. Look fo...

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #498 on: March 03, 2017, 12:06:31 AM »
This is true the product has been very controlled in respect of documentaries. "A Life in Songs" actually started out as a documentary production on the making of Brothers in Arms which for me would have been more interesting, but clearly got derailed by the MK team.

The one exception to this rule is the Media Show interview on BBC4 from around 2014 where MK really got on the ropes during questions about David : a very rare insight into the real man.

Meanwhile, back in the studio ....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #499 on: March 03, 2017, 12:25:43 AM »
This is true the product has been very controlled in respect of documentaries. "A Life in Songs" actually started out as a documentary production on the making of Brothers in Arms which for me would have been more interesting, but clearly got derailed by the MK team.

The one exception to this rule is the Media Show interview on BBC4 from around 2014 where MK really got on the ropes during questions about David : a very rare insight into the real man.

Meanwhile, back in the studio ....

Do you have a link to the interview?
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
« Reply #500 on: March 03, 2017, 02:06:36 AM »
You could talk about the Show interview on BBC4 from around 2014, especially where did MK really get on the ropes during questions about David?
Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #501 on: March 03, 2017, 11:43:02 AM »
The man has just added that 'Many musicians involved in this project, many of whom are known to us all'. Got to be something not done before, surely! Phew - the tease goes on! ;)

Love Expresso

« Reply #502 on: March 03, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »
MK really got on the ropes during questions about David : a very rare insight into the real man.

Could you elaborate more what exactly you mean if you don't mind? I ask because your sentence could be understood that way that you think MK is "NOT" the real man most of the time. Was he reacting angry, or did he try to avoid answers? Thank you!

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #503 on: March 03, 2017, 12:13:01 PM »
MK really got on the ropes during questions about David : a very rare insight into the real man.

Could you elaborate more what exactly you mean if you don't mind? I ask because your sentence could be understood that way that you think MK is "NOT" the real man most of the time. Was he reacting angry, or did he try to avoid answers? Thank you!

LE

Was this the interview with Mark Lawson on BBC4?    If it was, then MK just neatly side-stepped the question about DK.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #504 on: March 03, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »

LE

Was this the interview with Mark Lawson on BBC4?    If it was, then MK just neatly side-stepped the question about DK.

Yes, but MK was uncomfortabel. Very sad topic.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #505 on: March 03, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »

LE

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #506 on: March 03, 2017, 12:40:47 PM »

LE

Yes, he did appear to be uncomfortable and his body language showed it.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #507 on: March 03, 2017, 12:44:27 PM »

LE

But he looked uncomfortable since the very beguinning, not just because of the David Knopfler question...

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=2910.msg62975#msg62975

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #508 on: March 03, 2017, 12:51:24 PM »

LE

But he looked uncomfortable since the very beguinning, not just because of the David Knopfler question...

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=2910.msg62975#msg62975

Yes, I agree, he did and I think MK is never truly comfortable when being interviewed.  I have just read the thread from after the broadcast and I did say then that MK seemed nervous, but others felt differently.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #509 on: March 03, 2017, 01:20:31 PM »
That interview coincided with a period of time in which we had many "documentaries" like "A life in songs", "When Phil met MK", "Guitar Stories", and this Mark Lawson interview was quite different in how MK acts during it, he looked more nervous than in the "A life in songs" one, the other two, as the host were Phil Cunningham and John Illsley, two good friends, he looked more relaxed.

Going back to topic, according to Guy, in the sessions of their project, many musicians were involved, included most well names to us  ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 41 queries.