Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 615133 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #630 on: April 04, 2017, 06:18:49 AM »
Eric Clapton did the guitarwork on Roger Water's album "The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking", Jeff Beck on RW's album "Amused to Death"... could it be that the very secretive project MK was working on is RW's forthcomming album "Is This The Life We Really Want?"?...

I know, i know... wishful thinking... but one can have his dreams right? :-)

RW's "Amused To Death" is probably my favourite studio album of all time. I rather see a collaberation between MK en RW, then between MK and DG.
I somehow think those two are not compatible as persons

sent from my galaxy s7 edge
I too love ATD.
As for the compatibility of MK and RW, very interesting question. Two strong personalities, two genius songwriters, but very different. Both are sarcastic in lyrics, but RW is much more into heavy politics while MK is more of an observer of people's behavior. MK is done with stadium rock, and RW, after saying that stadium rock is nonsense, is building ever more giantic shows... I'm sure they respect each other. RW is certainly an admirer of Telegraph Road (social content) and BIA (anti-war)).MK certainly loves SOYCD and WYWH and their melencholia. Still, could they stand each other ?
Interesting to see that RW is a great lyricist but not a great instrumentalist, while DG is the exact opposite and MK is the complete man , great mix of both. Still now that MK has moved away from the guitar hero thing towards songwriting... Might be closer to Roger :)
Anyway these 3 men are my top music heroes, the world would not have been the same without them...
Fully agree!

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #631 on: April 04, 2017, 07:16:22 AM »
No, it's not possible that MK worked with Roger Waters as Guy said that MK wrote all the songs for this project, and Waters always write all his songs by himself.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #632 on: April 04, 2017, 07:27:21 AM »
No, it's not possible that MK worked with Roger Waters as Guy said that MK wrote all the songs for this project, and Waters always write all his songs by himself.
True dat!

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #633 on: April 04, 2017, 11:16:44 AM »
And another week - nothing!! Blimey!

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #634 on: April 04, 2017, 12:39:31 PM »
Going of topic here but die not want to start a new one about this. In 2019 the dutch festival Pinkpop is 50 years. The festival started in 1969 and Jan Smeets the man behind the festival wants 2019 to be best line up with great names from the past. They are trying for The Police Réunion or Dire Straits. Both have played the festival. The answer they already got from MK or his management. No Way.....
Not a No Way from the Police at this moment.
Article from today: http://festileaks.com/2017/04/jan-smeets-wil-the-police-op-pinkpop-2019/

Maybe is the Dire Straits Experience something for Pinkpop with some old members  ;D ;D

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #635 on: April 04, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »
Going of topic here but die not want to start a new one about this. In 2019 the dutch festival Pinkpop is 50 years. The festival started in 1969 and Jan Smeets the man behind the festival wants 2019 to be best line up with great names from the past. They are trying for The Police Réunion or Dire Straits. Both have played the festival. The answer they already got from MK or his management. No Way.....
Article from today: http://festileaks.com/2017/04/jan-smeets-wil-the-police-op-pinkpop-2019/

Maybe is the Dire Straits Experience something for Pinkpop with some old members  ;D ;D

I'm pretty sure Mark will finally agree to do a Dire Straits reunion at the 100th anniversary of Live Aid in 2085. Remember my words guys.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #636 on: April 04, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure Mark will finally agree to do a Dire Straits reunion at the 100th anniversary of Live Aid in 2085. Remember my words guys.

Cryogenic technology, here we go lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #637 on: April 05, 2017, 08:41:22 AM »
It's in italian so I don´t know if there is anything worth here...

Apparently there is nothing new in it, but it gives the impression that MK has talked to the press lately regarding it...

Mark Knopfler e il suo nuovo album entro il 2017

http://www.globusmagazine.it/100229-2/

Mark Knopfler e il suo nuovo album entro il 2017
di Alberto Bucchieri | 22/03/2017   

NUOVO ALBUM DI MARK KNOPFLER ENTRO IL 2017. L’EX LEADER DEI DIRE STRAITS RITORNA IN STUDIO DOPO “TRACKER” DI DUE ANNI FA. E LA REUNION DELLA BAND INGLESE RIMANE, PURTROPPO, SOLO UN SOGNO DEI FAN.

Mark Knopfler di nuovo in sala, nei suoi personali “British Groove Studios” alla periferia di Londra. Ha riunito i musicisti (compreso il sempre presente ex Dire Straits Guy Fletcher) che lo seguono ormai dal 1996, anno in cui pubblicò il suo primo album da solista dopo lo scioglimento dei Dire Straits nel 1992. In questa occasione ha convocato diversi giornalisti, un modo per ripercorrere il suo cammino artistico, mentre dichiara che entro l’anno uscirà il nuovo lavoro, di cui ancora non si conosce il titolo ma in cui ci sarà, come afferma, “tanta tanta chitarra elettrica!”. “Ho messo fine ai Dire Straits perché ero davvero saturo di tour mondiali infiniti e l’energia, il feeling, stava man mano scemando. Mi chiedete se ci sarà una reunion della band e io vi dico: certamente no. Per me i Dire Straits sono un bel ricordo del passato e della mia giovinezza. Adesso sono concentrato sui miei lavori da solista e con la band cui suono adesso ho pubblicato più dischi dei Dire Straits e questo è il mio percorso. Ci sono tante cover band che suonano i pezzi dei Dire Straits e molti che recitano la mia parte in giro per il mondo e quest’anno anche mio fratello David (co-fondatore dei Dire Straits, n.d.r.) farà un tour per i 40 anni della band, che non esiste ormai da più di 20.”

L’ex leader della band britannica, considerato uno dei più grandi chitarristi al mondo, è un uomo pacato, disponibile e lontano adesso dagli atteggiamenti da rockstar. “Abito in campagna, lontano dalla città, con la mia famiglia e i miei cani e naturalmente… con le mie chitarre. Ho ancora la prima che mi regalò mio padre a 15 anni, una Hofner che somigliava ad una Fender e che collegavo alla radio, non potendo permettermi un amplificatore. Come chitarrista avrei dovuto applicarmi di più nello studio, ma adesso dopo tanti anni di palco e di sala di registrazione, ho acquisito la padronanza e la conoscenza che mi basta. Non sono Satriani e non mi piacerebbe suonare due ore di musica come la sua, dove la chitarra diventa solo un pretesto per dire guarda cosa so fare e a quale velocità! Preferisco chitarristi come Clapton, come J. J. Cale, Hank Marvin degli Shadows e il compianto, mitico e insostituibile Chuck Berry. Lo ricordiamo tutti come uno dei più grandi interpreti del rock and roll, un vero innovatore. La musica non si sarebbe evoluta allo stesso modo senza di lui. Vedendolo alla Newcastle City Hall, quando avevo 15 anni, fu una esperienza indimenticabile, mi fece un’impressione enorme: il ritmo del testo era importante quanto la musica, ed è quello che imparai. Con i primi Dire Straits mi piaceva molto suonare la sua “Nadine”, forse l’unica cover che ho mai fatto con la band. A 12 anni ascoltavo Bob Dylan. Ero innamorato per il suo approccio al rock and roll, ma ero anche attratto molto dalle parole delle sue canzoni. Non è mai stato solo musica“.

Nato a Glasgow, in Scozia, nell’agosto del ’49 da padre ungherese e cresciuto principalmente in casa della madre nella contea di Northumberland, il quasi 68enne Knopfler ha venduto oltre 120 milioni di dischi, con i Dire Straits e da solista. “Brothers In Arms” dei Dire Straits del 1985, con i suoi oltre 30 milioni di copie, è uno dei dischi più venduti nella storia della musica, entrando nella medesima classifica in 12ª posizione. È stato uno dei primi album a essere stampato su compact disc, oltre alla classica distribuzione in vinile. Il chitarrista, cantante e autore di testi e musica, si è esibito dal vivo di fronte a milioni di persone e ha collaborato con artisti del calibro di Bob Dylan, Randy Newman, Tina Turner, Emmylou Harris, Van Morrison ed Eric Clapton e altre decine e decine. Anche il nostro Zucchero lo ha voluto in due dei suoi album per due canzoni, di cui una uscita recentemente lo scorso anno.

“Nella mia band attuale, sono l’anello più debole. Ho molta ammirazione per i musicisti che suonano con me e si distinguono perché conoscono davvero in profondità i loro strumenti. Io vedo la chitarra come qualcosa che mi serve per scrivere canzoni. Con questo strumento ho una storia d’amore che dura da una vita, ma quello che mi interessa sono le canzoni che ne vengono fuori: la canzone è il la regina. Più invecchio, più voglio scriverne. Forse è la sensazione che ho del tempo che passa e si esaurisce, non so… è diventata quasi una frenesia.“

Knopfler riconosce diversi filoni di ispirazione per la sua scrittura. “Ci sono canzoni “ritratto” in cui vi è un personaggio, e canzoni “situazione”, dove avviene qualcosa di particolare. In “Sultans of Swing” c’è una band con questo nome che sta suonando e non c’è nessuno nel pub, tranne un ragazzo che gioca da solo a biliardo, e io sono lì che osservo e osservando vengo ispirato, o c’è un negozio con schermi TV dove si vedono i video di MTV e l’uomo delle consegne a domicilio si lamenta di alcune rock star che non valgono nulla e sono straricche, con aerei personali e tante donne… ed ecco “Money For Nothing”. Altre volte mi ha ispirato la lettura di un libro o un viaggio, magari durante un tour, ed è così che sono nate “Telegraph Road” o “Sailing To Philadelphia”. Knopfler porta sempre un taccuino con se, alla vecchia maniera, alla ricerca di ispirazione; niente notebook o tablet. “Penso che ho un deposito di rottami sul retro della mia testa: invece di parti meccaniche ci sono frammenti di versi. Per “Money For Nothing” ho invece dovuto chiedere un pezzo di carta e mi sono messo a scrivere tutta la canzone dentro il negozio.”

Knopfler afferma che “oggi mi piace suonare un tipo di musica che ha delle radici profonde e usare gli strumenti adatti per il folk o quella con influenze celtiche, ad esempio. Ma il caro vecchio rock and roll è sempre nel mio cuore e mi piace scrivere canzoni in questo stile”.

Il musicista, laureato in letteratura inglese, aveva 28 anni quando i Dire Straits esplosero con “Sultans Of Swing” nel 1978, il loro primo successo mondiale. “Ho sempre lavorato sodo da quando avevo 14 anni, diversi tipi: di fabbrica, di stoccaggio, di allevamento, un sacco di lavoro manuale e poi il giornalismo e l’insegnamento. Sono tutte buone esperienze per un ragazzo, ti insegnano la vita. Ma quello che volevo fare era suonare in una rock and roll band e scrivere canzoni. Rivivo quei tempi con un mix di affetto e orrore, ma era quello che desideravo veramente. C’era un sacco di follia. Mi ricordo di aver fatto una serie infinita di concerti e interviste nel 1978: il primo album era il numero uno e sentivo una pressione enorme addosso, avevo paura di perdere il controllo, di essere triturato. E oggi mi sento davvero fortunato per prima cosa ad essere ancora vivo visto l’alto tasso di mortalità dei musicisti. Ho ottenuto tantissime cose grazie alla mia musica e non rinnego certo il passato. Adesso vivo secondo i miei ritmi, scrivo perché voglio farlo e non per contratto, ho una bella famiglia e i due più grandi produttori di chitarre mi hanno dedicato due modelli “signature” con la mia firma: una Fender rossa e una Gibson sunburst… what else?”
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:56:46 AM by jbaent »

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #638 on: April 05, 2017, 10:04:19 AM »
Come on our Italian friends - what does this mean?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #639 on: April 05, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »

Mark Knopfler and his new album in 2017

Alberto Bucchieri | 03/22/2017

MARK OF NEW ALBUM KNOPFLER BY 2017. THE FORMER LEADER OF DIRE STRAITS BACK IN STUDIO AFTER "TRACKER" TWO YEARS AGO. ENGLISH AND THE REUNION OF THE BAND IS, UNFORTUNATELY, JUST A FAN OF DREAMS.

Mark Knopfler back in the room, in his personal "British Groove Studios" on the outskirts of London. It brought together the musicians (including the ever-present Former Dire Straits Guy Fletcher) who now follow in 1996, when she released her first solo album after the dissolution of Dire Straits in 1992. On this occasion he summoned several journalists, a way to retrace his artistic career, while states that by the year released the new work, of which we still do not know the title, but in which there will be, as he says, "lots and lots of electric guitar!". "I put an end to the dire straits because I was really saturated with countless world tours and the energy, the feeling, as was waning hand. You ask me if there will be a reunion of the band and I tell you, certainly not. For me Dire Straits have good memories of the past and of my youth. Now I'm focused on my solo work and with the band whose sound now I have published several discs Dire Straits and this is my path. There are so many cover bands playing the parts of Dire Straits and many who recite my share around the world and this year my brother David (co-founder of Dire Straits, ed) will tour for the 40th anniversary of band, which does not exist now for more than 20. "

The former British leader of the band, considered one of the greatest guitarists in the world, is a soft-spoken man, and away now available on the attitudes rock star. "I live in the countryside away from the city, with my family and my dogs and of course ... with my guitars. I still have the first that gave me my father was 15, a Hofner that looked like a Fender, and I connected the radio, not being able to afford an amplifier. As a guitar player I had to apply myself more in the study, but now after so many years of stage and in the recording studio, I have gained the mastery and knowledge that is enough for me. No Satriani and I would not like to play two hours of music like his, where the guitar becomes just an excuse to say look what I can do and how fast! I prefer guitarists such as Clapton, like JJ Cale, Hank Marvin of the Shadows and the late, legendary and irreplaceable Chuck Berry. We all remember him as one of the greatest performers of rock and roll, a true innovator. The music would not have evolved in the same way without him. Seeing him at Newcastle City Hall, when I was 15, it was an unforgettable experience, it made huge impression: the rhythm of the text was as important as the music, and that's what I learned. With the first Dire Straits I loved playing his "Nadine", perhaps the only cover I've ever done with the band. At 12 I was listening to Bob Dylan. I was in love for his approach to rock and roll, but I was also very attracted by the words of her songs. It was never just music. "

Born in Glasgow, Scotland, in August '49 by Hungarian father and grew up mainly in his mother's house in the county of Northumberland, the almost 68-year old Knopfler has sold over 120 million records, with Dire Straits and solo. "Brothers In Arms" by Dire Straits in 1985, with over 30 million copies, is one of the best-selling albums in music history, entering the same ranking in 12th place. It was one of the first albums to be printed on compact disc, in addition to the classical distribution vinyl. The guitarist, singer and songwriter and music, performed live in front of millions of people and has collaborated with the likes of Bob Dylan, Randy Newman, Tina Turner, Emmylou Harris, Van Morrison and Eric Clapton and dozens and tens. Even our Sugar wanted him in two of his albums for two songs, one of which recently released last year.

"In my current band, they are the weakest link. I have great admiration for the musicians playing with me and stand out because they really know in depth their instruments. I see the guitar as something I need to write songs. With this tool I have a love affair that has lasted a lifetime, but what interests me are the songs that come out: the song is the queen. The older I get, the more I want to write about it. Maybe it's the feeling I have of passing time and runs out, I do not know ... it's become almost a frenzy. "

Knopfler recognizes different strands of inspiration for his writing. "There are" portrait "songs in which there is a character, and" situation "songs, which takes something special. In "Sultans of Swing" is a band with this name that is playing and there's nobody in the pub except a boy playing alone pool, and I'm there I'm watching and observing'm inspired, or c ' it is a store with TV screens where you see the video of MTV and the man home delivery complains of some rock stars that are not worth anything and are straricche with personal aircraft and many women ... and here "Money for nothing". Other times inspired me reading a book or a trip, perhaps during a tour, and that's how they were born, "Telegraph Road" or "Sailing To Philadelphia." Knopfler always carries a notebook with him, the old way, looking for inspiration; nothing notebook or tablet. "I think I have a junk yard at the back of my head: instead of mechanical parts there are fragments of verses. For "Money For Nothing" Instead I had to ask for a piece of paper and I started to write the whole song into the store. "

Knopfler stated, "Today I like to play a type of music that has deep roots, and use the right tools for the folk or the one with Celtic influences, for example. But the good old rock and roll is always in my heart and I like to write songs in this style. "

The musician, graduated in English literature, was 28 when Dire Straits exploded with "Sultans Of Swing" In 1978, their first worldwide hit. "I've always worked hard since I was 14 years old, different types: factory, storage, farming, a lot of manual and then journalism and teaching work. They are all good experiences for a boy, they teach you life. But what I wanted to do was play in a rock and roll band and write songs. Relive those days with a mix of affection and horror, but it was what I really wanted. There was a lot of craziness. I remember doing an endless series of concerts and interviews in 1978: the first album was number one and I felt a huge pressure on me, I was afraid of losing control, of being crushed. And today I feel really lucky first to be alive given the high mortality rate of the musicians. I got a lot of things through my music and certainly do not regret the past. Now I live according to my rhythm, I write because I want to do and not by contract, I have a beautiful family and the two largest manufacturers of guitars have I devoted two "signature" patterns with my signature: a Fender red and Gibson sunburst ... what else ? "
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #640 on: April 05, 2017, 11:45:29 AM »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #641 on: April 05, 2017, 11:52:47 AM »
Any news in this article from a few days ago?? Probably about a documentary?

http://itapemafm.clicrbs.com.br/giramundo/2017/03/29/mark-knopfler-o-lider-da-extinta-dire-straits-revela-detalhes-do-processo-de-gravacao-no-estudio/

No. 

Knopfler: Extinct Dire Straits Leader Unveils Studio Recording Process Details

Announcer, presenter, publisher of GiraMundo itapema and researcher on call. Everyday On Line and On Air - "A day without music is a wasted day".

A few days ago a documentary on Mark Knopfler's eighth solo album, released in March 2015 entitled "Tracker: A Documentary" was released on the web. The Glasgow singer-songwriter reveals details about his craft, how the album is inspired by his personal story, how he finds his way through the decades, observing the people, places and things of the past, the current creative process as Musician, until you reach your sanctuary - the recording studio.

It seems that the more time passes, the more the Scottish musician raised in England wants to write and experiment, record and play live, accurately translate the current moment of creation and delivery to music.

The leader of the defunct Dire Straits is a survivor, the band is long gone and the artist's musical mind lavishes creativity. Mark recorded several albums in solo career and tracks for films, distancing more and more from the sound that consecrated him, without losing the footprint of excellent musician that made him known in the world. So much so that the previous album, "Privateering" (2012), is dedicated to the Blues, a double album that totals 20 songs packed by the genre folk / blues, so appreciated by him.

"Tracker" (2015) is the musician's eighth solo album. Of course we went ahead at the time of the release, and anticipated the debut of some tracks on the itaproma's programming as soon as they were released. One of them is the highlight of today: "River Towns".

At age 67, Mark Knopfler is considered by many to be a guitar genius, idolized primarily by the alternative style of playing, one of the best and most distinguished talents of his generation.

Proof of this is the documentary released in its entirety on the musician's official channel: "Tracker: A Documentary". Check it!

Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #642 on: April 05, 2017, 12:12:49 PM »

MARK OF NEW ALBUM KNOPFLER BY 2017. THE FORMER LEADER OF DIRE STRAITS BACK IN STUDIO AFTER "TRACKER" TWO YEARS AGO. ENGLISH AND THE REUNION OF THE BAND IS, UNFORTUNATELY, JUST A FAN OF DREAMS.

Mark Knopfler back in the room, in his personal "British Groove Studios" on the outskirts of London. It brought together the musicians (including the ever-present Former Dire Straits Guy Fletcher) who now follow in 1996, when she released her first solo album after the dissolution of Dire Straits in 1992. On this occasion he summoned several journalists, a way to retrace his artistic career, while states that by the year released the new work, of which we still do not know the title, but in which there will be, as he says, "lots and lots of electric guitar!". "I put an end to the dire straits because I was really saturated with countless world tours and the energy, the feeling, as was waning hand. You ask me if there will be a reunion of the band and I tell you, certainly not. For me Dire Straits have good memories of the past and of my youth. Now I'm focused on my solo work and with the band whose sound now I have published several discs Dire Straits and this is my path. There are so many cover bands playing the parts of Dire Straits and many who recite my share around the world and this year my brother David (co-founder of Dire Straits, ed) will tour for the 40th anniversary of band, which does not exist now for more than 20. "

( )

This looks like a recent interview... rare that only surfaced in an Italian site...

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #643 on: April 05, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »

( )

This looks like a recent interview... rare that only surfaced in an Italian site...

MK talking about his brother doing a DS anniversary tour? Seems fake to me.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #644 on: April 05, 2017, 07:27:28 PM »
Yeah, David part was so awkward to read, because I already got used for the fact that David Knopfler seemingly doesn't exist in Mark's world.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 39 queries.