Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614028 times)

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #855 on: May 17, 2017, 05:26:23 AM »
Um... Did we really censor our forum cause Guy asked us to?

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

I think the MK management tapped on the shoulder of one of our mods and had a quiet word....

Its hardly the fault of the poster sharing the likely track listings for MK's new record, I saw the list and where it originated and again this list was a publically visible website - its hardly Wikileaks...!
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlineregmka

• Guitar George
« Reply #856 on: May 17, 2017, 09:37:20 AM »
All titles mentioned on Guy's forum can be found in ISWC database (http://iswcnet.cisac.org) e.g. by Creator ID 00046804968. For example, "A cheeky wee pint" has ISWC T-921.078.250-6, "A song about love" - T-921.078.251-7 etc.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:21:57 PM by regmka »

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #857 on: May 17, 2017, 11:26:58 AM »
Don't forget it's going to be the 35th anniversary of Local Hero in 2018, and a good half of the titles fits into LH universe perfectly. Lets see... :wave

Funny to see how nothing is truly secure these days. Fleet Foxes' new album has leaked a couple of days ago, Mark's songs titles has leaked.

I think they can say thanks that still no any actual recordings was revealed to this point, only some of the names :lol

Mark Knopfler is the most amazing songwriter and musician I know, which is why I love him so much, but the people who market his music (including Guy) have no clue about how that's done in a 2017 world. They get all nervous about copyright and privacy, without realizing that both of these concepts are rapidly becoming meaningless, without anybody below 30 giving a shit about either of them. You can regret that, but it's a fact nevertheless. In 2017, you don't win people by keeping things secret from them and hoping that they will pay shitloads of money when you finally let them in, but by spreading your stuff as widely as possible, thus building a large number of followers, some of which will then come to your concerts – and pay you eventually. Mark's management (and the managers of a ton of other established artists) have yet to understand this. They will – either by themselves, or with a little help of the market.

Love Expresso

« Reply #858 on: May 17, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »
I guess they have another view on these things. Album sales of Privateering and Tracker seemed to be ok, with the peak in the first week, live shows were all or almost all sold out or nearly sold out.
So no need to change release politics. They want to keep it exclusive of course, and as long as it is still in working progress I understand why they want to keep it secret as long as possible.

LE

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #859 on: May 17, 2017, 01:42:38 PM »
I guess they have another view on these things. Album sales of Privateering and Tracker seemed to be ok, with the peak in the first week, live shows were all or almost all sold out or nearly sold out.
So no need to change release politics. They want to keep it exclusive of course, and as long as it is still in working progress I understand why they want to keep it secret as long as possible.

LE

You're right, they might be doing just fine for now (at least as long as a significant part of the record-buying crowd is still alive and can walk to concerts on their own two feet). But I'm quite sure that they could be much more successful still, without losing any of the current income. I don't see how being more open and responsive to fans would hurt their record or ticket sales. I mean, where's the problem if the world learns about a bunch of song titles? Where's the problem if the world knows that there's an album coming? It would only build up anticipation and excitement.

Love Expresso

« Reply #860 on: May 17, 2017, 02:48:39 PM »
Could be all just pretty pragmatic. Maybe the titles are not definitely deciced, and work is in such early stages that it IS too early for every announcement. Albums HAVE already been shelved, Dylan tours HAVE interrupted, plus press and Media work has to be planned very carefully for the very exact moment and not months before...

If you and your pregnant wife haven't decided yet what name your child will have you won't tell the list of possible names to friends, family or mates. And within the first three months you probably won't even tell it to your Boss or tell us if you expect a boy or a girl...   :lol ;)

LE
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:21:23 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #861 on: May 17, 2017, 03:05:04 PM »
But I'm quite sure that they could be much more successful still, without losing any of the current income.

MK don't care about record sale or play on radio. He will have success always enough to not lose money and to do what he like. To have profit of 1, 20 or 50 milion pound doesnt matter. Strongest motivation MK is self-satisfy. A fact.

Offlinexardas

• Local Hero
« Reply #862 on: May 17, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
Finally someone with a correct view on Mark's work..
Rest of you and your theories about Mark management are just stupid to say at least..

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #863 on: May 17, 2017, 03:44:16 PM »
Finally someone with a correct view on Mark's work..
Rest of you and your theories about Mark management are just stupid to say at least..
No need for Insults. I understand what you are trying to say, but I could be done differently

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #864 on: May 17, 2017, 07:09:18 PM »
Well well, I stopped reading this thread a month ago when nothing happened so far.. And l'm soooo astonished this evening. Wow!! Happy to know that there's going to be a new album and probably a Tour..

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI Y560-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2017, 07:24:31 PM »
Could be all just pretty pragmatic. Maybe the titles are not definitely deciced, and work is in such early stages that it IS too early for every announcement. Albums HAVE already been shelved, Dylan tours HAVE interrupted, plus press and Media work has to be planned very carefully for the very exact moment and not months before...

If you and your pregnant wife haven't decided yet what name your child will have you won't tell the list of possible names to friends, family or mates. And within the first three months you probably won't even tell it to your Boss or tell us if you expect a boy or a girl...   :lol ;)

LE

Yes they were probably just working titles, if anything at all. I can understand they want to limit what is in the public domain until the project is finished

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2017, 08:58:18 PM »
Thank you for the music Mark
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #867 on: May 18, 2017, 09:04:12 AM »
I would say it is fairly obvious. Guy has stated many times that this mystery project is something Mark was ASKED to do by someone else, and that someone else has asked for Guy not to say anything, and I think we should all just respect that, and wait for an official announcement. The fact Mark is now making his own solo album means he has pretty much finished his work on the mystery project, so an announcement can't be far off.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #868 on: May 18, 2017, 09:37:50 AM »

LE

Actually, my wife is pregnant!  :o We're expecting a baby in July, and it's a girl. Her name will be ... ah, you got me on this, I won't tell.

But seriously, even if they don't have a name or the song titles yet, they could just post the occasional pic from the studio (studio diaries, remember them?), tell what they're working on, what guests they have, what gear they experiment with etc. So many artists do that today, and it keeps people interested - until the big day finally arrives.

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #869 on: May 18, 2017, 09:44:43 AM »
So many artists do that today, and it keeps people interested - until the big day finally arrives.

Only fans care about stuffs like that. Guy have told nothing but hear we are talking about project we know nothing from  ;D I think we are interested.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 43 queries.