Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614747 times)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #960 on: July 06, 2017, 11:40:19 PM »
All this is making me wonder; for the fans who think MK is no longer at the top of his game in terms of songwriting… perhaps it is not that MK has changed; perhaps your tastes have changed.  :D

And for the folks who moan about MK no longer as fast and precise as he was before, let me just say he is still amazing. And really, so what if there is a slowdown?  MK is still outstanding and plays with soul.  There is no one musician on this planet that I’d like to hear playing live more than MK.  :wave
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:59:16 PM by Lis »
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #961 on: July 06, 2017, 11:44:23 PM »
All this is making me wonder; for the fans who think MK is no longer at the top of his game in terms of songwriting… perhaps it is not that MK has changed; perhaps your tastes have changed.  :D

And for the folks who moan about MK no longer as fast and precise as he was before, let me just say he still has outstanding. And really, so what if there is a slowdown?  MK is still outstanding and plays with soul.  There is no one musician on this planet that I’d like to hear playing live more than MK.  :wave
Word!

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #962 on: July 07, 2017, 12:54:37 AM »

And for the folks who moan about MK no longer as fast and precise as he was before, let me just say he still has outstanding. And really, so what if there is a slowdown?  MK is still outstanding and plays with soul.  There is no one musician on this planet that I’d like to hear playing live more than MK.  :wave
Word!

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

You saved me for my texting, I could have not written it better, these are exact my thoughts.
(and to refer to "what if there is a slowdown?" - maybe because there is not? it is just the way it is or just the way is meant to be, not because he can't.)
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #963 on: July 07, 2017, 01:04:45 AM »
Man, if you think about that... Most of the people judge Mark's current shape by all these "official" live recordings. But how you can get a good picture of it when YouTube videos of regular mortals often have a BETTER SOUND than these so called official recordings?

I remember how I was shocked when "Your Latest Trick" was played again, I went on YouTube and sure enough, the song popped up almost immediately after the show. And I loved it! Honestly I thought it was amazing! When I finally got my hands on official recording, I felt like somebody spat in my face. I imagined how beautiful it can sound, the bass, the guitar, the sax, I desperately wanted a decent recording.

Now I'm better go to YouTube again to revisit it rather than to listen to these 2015 recording masterpieces.

I mean, these recordings was meant to last forever, they came in a guitar-shaped collectible USB sticks! Not cheap! But if you cover a doo-doo in gold, it still would be a doo-doo. Imagine if these recordings would came with Mark's signature on it? Like—here, this is my seal of approval.

You know what, I'm really looking forward to Mark's 2015 live album after that. Fiat justitia ruat caelum!

Onlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #964 on: July 07, 2017, 06:33:04 AM »
Listen to the SION recording.
It is one of the few with outstanding performance/sound combination.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #965 on: July 07, 2017, 06:43:59 AM »

I would if I could, Herlock!    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #966 on: July 07, 2017, 09:50:07 AM »

And for the folks who moan about MK no longer as fast and precise as he was before, let me just say he is still amazing. And really, so what if there is a slowdown?  MK is still outstanding and plays with soul.  There is no one musician on this planet that I’d like to hear playing live more than MK.  :wave

Let's play a game.

Take a picture of any of you in 1992 or 1996, and go to a mirror.

See yourself nowadays. Look at yourself at the pictures.

Get it?

Mk plays nowadays what he feels and can play as the man he's today. The man he was is in the same place of the ones in yours 92 or 96 pictures.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #967 on: July 07, 2017, 12:57:55 PM »

Let's play a game.

Take a picture of any of you in 1992 or 1996, and go to a mirror.

See yourself nowadays. Look at yourself at the pictures.

Get it?

Mk plays nowadays what he feels and can play as the man he's today. The man he was is in the same place of the ones in yours 92 or 96 pictures.

:clap :thumbsup

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #968 on: July 07, 2017, 06:05:59 PM »
:clap :clap :clap
How I wish you were here!
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #969 on: July 08, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »
Maybe this mysterious project is about John Illsley ? :D
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #970 on: July 08, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
Maybe this mysterious project is about John Illsley ? :D

How so?

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #971 on: July 08, 2017, 03:35:15 PM »
I'm just thinking, but why not?  :D
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #972 on: July 08, 2017, 10:46:35 PM »

I seriously doubt that. I haven't heard any recording so far from the 2015 tour that is good. Not from the European and not from the USA tour. The recordings from the 2010 Tour (Get Lucky) almost all are outstanding in quality. After that something changed and it went down hill from there. Also in general the recordings of the 2013 Tour aren't good, but there are some exceptions. Like for example the show of Antwerpen.  :(

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #973 on: July 08, 2017, 10:49:55 PM »

I seriously doubt that. I haven't heard any recording so far from the 2015 tour that is good. Not from the European and not from the USA tour. The recordings from the 2010 Tour (Get Lucky) almost all are outstanding in quality. After that something changed and it went down hill from there. Also in general the recordings of the 2013 Tour aren't good, but there are some exceptions. Like for example the show of Antwerpen.  :(

Exactly, I wouldn't even bother to get the Sion recording, because I've heard enough of them just to throw in a bin all of them, what a waste.
Even my non-musician friends sometimes was baffled by the sound, asking things like "Why drums sounds like out of a barrel or something?".

:disbelief :disbelief :disbelief

Onlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #974 on: July 08, 2017, 11:12:23 PM »
Why don't you just listen to it, rather than speculating about a recording you don't know ?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 39 queries.