Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Playtime deluxe  (Read 65259 times)

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Re: Playtime deluxe
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2017, 11:57:30 PM »
He's clearly nervous since it's not the 37th "So Far Away" in a row. ;)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Love Expresso

« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2017, 08:14:14 AM »
Playtime Deluxe... wouldn't that be a perfect name, literally meant, for a very opulent release? Why end up with only a double? A big box full of songs. ..
I better stop as it is a dream too good to be true..

LE 

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2017, 08:36:31 AM »
Playtime Deluxe... wouldn't that be a perfect name, literally meant, for a very opulent release? Why end up with only a double? A big box full of songs. ..
I better stop as it is a dream too good to be true..

LE

As long as it won't be quantity over quality. I guess Mark can release 11 CDs album like Chris Rea, but the question is — why?

Love Expresso

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2017, 09:09:52 AM »
To get rid of it . Did not Ianto once mention a huge amount of songs they have recorded for Privateering?

LE
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:13:21 AM by Love Expresso »

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2017, 09:38:40 AM »
To get rid of it . Did not Ianto once mention a huge amount of songs they have recorded for Privateering?

LE

According to the article they recorded 45 songs for Privateering:
http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=2466.0

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »

LE

A world don't need rest of songs. Only for crazy MK fans  ;D  Chris Rea box with 11 CDs have some good songs and MANY junk. MK is better writer and musiscan but he too have junk songs.

Love Expresso

« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
He has a clear tendency to be more productive on the more quanatitive meaning. Privateering was a double but Tracker with all bonus songs together had almost the same length. Coming up with the once usual 50 to 55 minutes album as before would be something I would have to get used to again.

What?

Yes, I know Making Movies was around 38 minutes...  ;D

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2017, 04:11:03 PM »

LE

A world don't need rest of songs. Only for crazy MK fans  ;D  Chris Rea box with 11 CDs have some good songs and MANY junk. MK is better writer and musiscan but he too have junk songs.

I agree and think he had better songs under the management of Ed Bicknell.  Under Crocks I reckon Mark chooses his own songs and personally I don't think some of them would have made the grade under Ed's stewardship.  Privateering would surely have been a single album for sure, or perhaps some of the rejected songs would have replaced the more disappointing ones.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:13:27 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2017, 05:53:12 PM »
I agree and think he had better songs under the management of Ed Bicknell.  Under Crocks I reckon Mark chooses his own songs and personally I don't think some of them would have made the grade under Ed's stewardship.  Privateering would surely have been a single album for sure, or perhaps some of the rejected songs would have replaced the more disappointing ones.

Absolutely, he had enough songs to make STP a double album. A few songs we saw on the record with Emmylou. It's hard to read that even Chuck Ainlay says some of his best songs never see the light of day. Maybe it's a strange thought, but sometimes I think he does it on purpose.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mark-knopfler-back-with-new-album-after-four-years-20000928

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #144 on: January 26, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »

Absolutely, he had enough songs to make STP a double album. A few songs we saw on the record with Emmylou. It's hard to read that even Chuck Ainlay says some of his best songs never see the light of day. Maybe it's a strange thought, but sometimes I think he does it on purpose.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mark-knopfler-back-with-new-album-after-four-years-20000928

You don't miss what you've never had though.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2017, 12:13:14 PM »
on youtube,  donegans gone and SONNY :) from 02 bluesfest 2016 , bad sound but at least we have a recording .

also love chris rea's blue guitars , think its one of his best albums his done going through all different types of blues and stories , would love a roots folk and blues album from Chris Rea and Knopfler
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2017, 12:50:02 AM »
following on from my last post about mk and rea ,(because I follow around both but love mk more, but rea is not a well man at all, but much more bluesy) heres chris not his best performance in 2014 (I guess like mk in baseil 2007 )a very very slowed down version compared with most his 2014 tour of "where the blues come from" but still alright  , slide guitar kicks in 3.07min but awesome heart felt lyrics beforehand, then after guitar goes in to jospheine

would love these two too do some dirty old slow blues together
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2017, 01:15:17 AM »
following on from my last post about mk and rea ,(because I follow around both but love mk more, but rea is not a well man at all, but much more bluesy) heres chris not his best performance in 2014 (I guess like mk in baseil 2007 )a very very slowed down version compared with most his 2014 tour of "where the blues come from" but still alright  , slide guitar kicks in 3.07min but awesome heart felt lyrics beforehand, then after guitar goes in to jospheine

would love these two too do some dirty old slow blues together

"Where The Blues Come From" is one of my favourites from Chris. Live versions is great to say the least... I mean the ones from USB sticks.

Chris Rea praised Mark many, many, MANY times and clearly has shown a great amount of respect towards Mark. But MK never mentioned CR... :disbelief

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2017, 02:29:21 PM »
Just listened to this again after quite a while. It's so good! I don't care whether it will make it onto some future album or not, because this live version will do it for me forever. I can't imagine a better one.

PS: That said, "Playtime Deluxe" would make for a nice album title ...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2017, 08:26:03 PM »
Just listened to this again after quite a while. It's so good! I don't care whether it will make it onto some future album or not, because this live version will do it for me forever. I can't imagine a better one.

PS: That said, "Playtime Deluxe" would make for a nice album title ...

I was told by a little bird the album title will be "the endless wait of the patient ones".
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 43 queries.