Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Playtime deluxe  (Read 64827 times)

Offlinedarkshiver

• Camerado
  • Rockaway rockaway from Cullercoats and Whitley bay
Re: Playtime deluxe
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2017, 02:48:00 PM »
New playtime deluxe video with Mark Knopfler at the Bill Wyman 80th Birthday 2016.10.28 . Very close ups!! .Also witn Van Morrison

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »
Such a brilliant performance. Can't say it often enough. Really reassuring.  :clap

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2017, 05:39:08 PM »
For some reason it actually sounded a smoother performance on that video.  It is reassuring, however by the time this album is released and the tour starts it will be Mark celebrating his 80th birthday!  :lol

Thanks for posting these links BTW.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2017, 06:58:35 PM »
I don't get why the video is black and white...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2017, 08:08:25 PM »
One thing is still certain. Playtime Deluxe would be fantastic on a tour setlist.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2017, 09:46:15 PM »
such bad audio, but boy those close ups of mark and van singing....awesome...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinepitx

• Local Hero
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2017, 07:06:19 AM »
joder new.Tiene mas de 5 meses

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2017, 08:20:49 AM »
joder new.Tiene mas de 5 meses

In English please, there is a Spanish corner to talk Spanish...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »
I must admit it hits me hard to see him in this clip... since 2015, he really has changed and not in the best way.. so old.. so "chubby" and so strange behaving...
I hate those glasses that totally not fit... totally another man than the guy I used to adore when live on stage.. Sorry to say...
His whole  behaviour is very hard to watch for me... even his speaking voice I love so much has turned into a mumbling that is hard to understand.. In the best case I hope he was drunk that night.. In the worst case I honestly fear something severe is wrong with him..

I know we all grow older. Day by day. Don't kill me.

LE

OfflineAMARKINTIME

• Guitar George
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
I don't get why the video is black and white...

.... simply because s/he wishes ;)

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2017, 02:29:52 PM »
Love Expresso

I do not see anything special in Mark's behavior. Typical Mark
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2017, 02:30:39 PM »
I must admit it hits me hard to see him in this clip... since 2015, he really has changed and not in the best way.. so old.. so "chubby" and so strange behaving...
I hate those glasses that totally not fit... totally another man than the guy I used to adore when live on stage.. Sorry to say...
His whole  behaviour is very hard to watch for me... even his speaking voice I love so much has turned into a mumbling that is hard to understand.. In the best case I hope he was drunk that night.. In the worst case I honestly fear something severe is wrong with him..

LE

I won't kill you, LE, but I tend to agree with you.   MK looks a lot older than the last time I saw him in front of me in 2015.   The suit and the spectacles don't help and he seems to have put on a lot of weight.   I think he looks much younger in denims and more casual clothes.  He looked better in the pictures with John Illsley at the Big Bike Charity Hike on 20th April, although it looked like something from "Last of the Summer Wine"!    ;D

www.bigbikecharityhike.com

I do like Playtime Deluxe a lot, though, and hope to hear it played live next tour!    :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:05:12 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2017, 03:12:41 PM »

LE

Mark does look beyond his years and wearing these glasses certainly doesn't help.  He has always mumbled though as we all know and he doesn't feel comfortable talking to the audience.  On an occasion such as this maybe he had been celebrating and had a drink, who knows.  He usually puts on a little weight when he isn't touring but that would only be natural for a man of his age.  We know he likes fine wine and he has the tell-tale sign of rosy cheeks these days.

I recall the Glasgow gig back in 2013 and it had been John's birthday the night before and he commented they had been drinking the night before, rather making fun of it.  However I noticed for the first time his hand shaking like hell on the R&J solo.  Didn't think much of it at the time.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2017, 03:18:31 PM »

LE

That's exactly the reason why I think the more time he rest nowadays, the better, because he looks fresh anyway after holidays and stuff.
Seriously, if he will hit another "big tour" he will need not 2-3 days off between shows, but a whole week. Let's see him after this big pause!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2017, 03:24:22 PM »

LE

That's exactly the reason why I think the more time he rest nowadays, the better, because he looks fresh anyway after holidays and stuff.
Seriously, if he will hit another "big tour" he will need not 2-3 days off between shows, but a whole week. Let's see him after this big pause!

Maybe so, but factor-in the fact that all the time he has years holidays he is getting older...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 39 queries.