Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK and DS pictures  (Read 306291 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: MK and DS pictures
« Reply #1185 on: May 04, 2021, 09:47:33 AM »
02/05
Wembley
Hebburn Town Football Club, Hebburn, Tyne and Wear - South Tyneside.

Funny pic! I'm glad Mark is healthy and having a good time. He's surely been vaccinated by now...

You can caught covid even when you are vaccinated. The vaccine what does is tell your body how to defend against the virus, but anyone vaccinated can caught it and spread it to other people not vaccinated. Lot of scientists are already telling that we are going to see cases of people vaccinated that caught it. Most of them will pass it without problems because of the vaccine but some might not as it's not really clear how much the vaccine protect.

This picture looks like dangerous to me.
still you are up to 90% less likely to get it when you are vaccinated than when you are not. i AM getting the vaccine as soon as they will give it to a youngster like myself.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1186 on: May 04, 2021, 05:43:50 PM »
I've had mine.  :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1187 on: May 04, 2021, 07:06:17 PM »
02/05
Wembley
Hebburn Town Football Club, Hebburn, Tyne and Wear - South Tyneside.

Funny pic! I'm glad Mark is healthy and having a good time. He's surely been vaccinated by now...

You can caught covid even when you are vaccinated. The vaccine what does is tell your body how to defend against the virus, but anyone vaccinated can caught it and spread it to other people not vaccinated. Lot of scientists are already telling that we are going to see cases of people vaccinated that caught it. Most of them will pass it without problems because of the vaccine but some might not as it's not really clear how much the vaccine protect.

This picture looks like dangerous to me.
still you are up to 90% less likely to get it when you are vaccinated than when you are not. i AM getting the vaccine as soon as they will give it to a youngster like myself.

90% no covid
99.99% no severe covid
basically no risk
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1188 on: May 04, 2021, 08:45:44 PM »
It's okay; they're all from the same household.  :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1189 on: May 04, 2021, 10:16:13 PM »
I think they all have the same barber anyway.

The Dorchester must be dropping in standards, a bunch of guys that look like hooligans and MK not exactly putting on the Ritz either.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1190 on: May 04, 2021, 10:36:03 PM »

The Dorchester must be dropping in standards, a bunch of guys that look like hooligans and MK not exactly putting on the Ritz either.

:lol :lol :lol

Mark's looks on this photo are pretty intimidating though. He looks both enjoying the event (posture) and hating it (eyes) at the same time, let alone the stupid positive "both thumbs up" businessman cliché that is not quite in line with a guy who turned 71 last year. Why we get this instead of shots of working in the studio is a mystery to me.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1191 on: May 04, 2021, 10:58:49 PM »

:lol :lol :lol

Mark's looks on this photo are pretty intimidating though. He looks both enjoying the event (posture) and hating it (eyes) at the same time, let alone the stupid positive "both thumbs up" businessman cliché that is not quite in line with a guy who turned 71 last year. Why we get this instead of shots of working in the studio is a mystery to me.
Because the football hooligans posted it, not MK’s people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #1192 on: May 05, 2021, 08:54:42 AM »
Mark really look akward in that photo, as if he is not comfortable at all.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #1193 on: May 05, 2021, 09:43:58 AM »

[/quote]

Agree on the studio-bit, I often wonder what they do all day. I am not a musician, there are tons of things I do not understand, but still.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1194 on: May 05, 2021, 10:36:21 AM »
Agree on the studio-bit, I often wonder what they do all day. I am not a musician, there are tons of things I do not understand, but still.

All I can say is that actually recording actual songs is only a tip of an iceberg when it comes to recording an album. Most of the time it's experimenting with sound, moving microphones (Guy's favourite part of the job apparently), tuning instruments, changing strings, working out bugs, and only then recording. Not as romantic as it seems, straight to the point and usually a pretty fast job not only because the studio time is expensive but simply because you get hungry and tired super fast. You can even lose your voice by the end of a session. So the absence of studio photos is understandable, hovewer, in Mark's case, there are no photos at all.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1195 on: May 05, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »

All I can say is that actually recording actual songs is only a tip of an iceberg when it comes to recording an album. Most of the time it's experimenting with sound, moving microphones (Guy's favourite part of the job apparently), tuning instruments, changing strings, working out bugs, and only then recording. Not as romantic as it seems, straight to the point and usually a pretty fast job not only because the studio time is expensive but simply because you get hungry and tired super fast. You can even lose your voice by the end of a session. So the absence of studio photos is understandable, hovewer, in Mark's case, there are no photos at all.
i am assuming studio time cost is no real issue for mr. BG...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1196 on: May 05, 2021, 11:10:37 AM »

i am assuming studio time cost is no real issue for mr. BG...

For Mr. BG there are no real issues I believe :lol My only hope was that having his own studio, Mark would produce records faster, but his pace hasn't changed a bit it seems. If anything, it even got slower because of "moving microphones" constantly. The sonic qualities of the record took the lead thanks to Guy.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1197 on: May 05, 2021, 01:29:51 PM »
I see the last album as a artistical bankruptcy from Mark. So no ideas since many years, just the habit of spending time doing it, sort of acting like a songwriter.

LE
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 01:33:46 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1198 on: May 05, 2021, 02:10:18 PM »
Actually BG loose money every year... there are some sites that tell you information about companies and even includes files with that kind of information...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 02:28:30 PM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1199 on: May 05, 2021, 02:34:04 PM »
Actually BG loose money every year... there are some sites that tell you information about companies and even includes files with that kind of information...

Owning a recording studio is a pretty risky business these days, but thanks to Mark he opted for that instead of, say, owning a winery which is everybody's doing. By the way, I like Sting's wine! The thing is Mark started building the studio before the whole home-recording boom and now, when everybody has a studio in his house with great microphones, preamps, and yes, modelling amps, studios will generate less and less profit, relying only on cinema, commercials, games work, etc.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 39 queries.