Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK and DS pictures  (Read 306061 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: MK and DS pictures
« Reply #1275 on: June 11, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »
I haven't seen before.

Me neither. Great picture of our hero.  :thumbsup

I was waiting for a reaction :)
I think the photo is from this year.

I think is from 2019, I think I see that pic in the local hero musical program or in any interview from 2019
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #1276 on: June 11, 2021, 12:53:26 PM »
 :think I was sure it was the newest. But you are right. 2019. Thank you jbaent :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #1277 on: June 11, 2021, 05:42:08 PM »
Maybe this photo is the most recent :)

MKNews:
Clear as the day

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1278 on: June 11, 2021, 05:55:21 PM »

MKNews:

Ha, yet another unwinnable prize draw. Thanks, I know it's a good cause, but I don't get winning a guitar just for putting in 5 pounds, that's ridiculous. And means that anybody, including a non-musician, can win this guitar. And eventually, end up either on eBay or on display somewhere. Great moves, Mark :lol

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1279 on: June 11, 2021, 06:13:17 PM »

MKNews:

Ha, yet another unwinnable prize draw. Thanks, I know it's a good cause, but I don't get winning a guitar just for putting in 5 pounds, that's ridiculous. And means that anybody, including a non-musician, can win this guitar. And eventually, end up either on eBay or on display somewhere. Great moves, Mark :lol

do you rememeber when there was that guitar competition about 10 years ago, the winner won 1 lesson with mark,
the 5 finalists were chosen very badly by the company (unrelated to MK) that ran the competition,
only 1 or 2 were good, 99% of the best players didn't reach the final and MK listened only to those 5 ones, unbelievable
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1280 on: June 11, 2021, 06:40:45 PM »

MKNews:

do you rememeber when there was that guitar competition about 10 years ago, the winner won 1 lesson with mark,
the 5 finalists were chosen very badly by the company (unrelated to MK) that ran the competition,
only 1 or 2 were good, 99% of the best players didn't reach the final and MK listened only to those 5 ones, unbelievable

Yes, I remember it, but I was too young at the time to participate and could barely play guitar back then, let alone record it in at least some quality... But as I remember, the winner was this cool guy who went ahead and wrote a great article on the day he met MK, it was a very genuine and respectful article, never ever have I expressed any envy towards this person.

This prize draw, however, is a complete free-for-all and defies common sense. The possibility of winning a guitar won't draw me into this charity because I know that I won't win. And MK thought that giving away guitar is enough, he could at least say something about the charity itself. Anyway, I'm not a fan of all these auctions and I'm surprised they're successful.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1281 on: June 11, 2021, 06:47:08 PM »

MKNews:

Yes, I remember it, but I was too young at the time to participate and could barely play guitar back then, let alone record it in at least some quality... But as I remember, the winner was this cool guy who went ahead and wrote a great article on the day he met MK, it was a very genuine and respectful article, never ever have I expressed any envy towards this person.

This prize draw, however, is a complete free-for-all and defies common sense. The possibility of winning a guitar won't draw me into this charity because I know that I won't win. And MK thought that giving away guitar is enough, he could at least say something about the charity itself. Anyway, I'm not a fan of all these auctions and I'm surprised they're successful.

yes the winner was 1 of the 2 guys who were good, the very unfair thing was that MK didn't choose much at all, he listened only to the 5 finalists and chose the winner, 99% of the players were left out
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1282 on: June 11, 2021, 09:21:36 PM »

MKNews:

It’s a good cause so worth a £5 lottery IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1283 on: June 12, 2021, 12:17:13 AM »

MKNews:

It’s a good cause so worth a £5 lottery IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes  :thumbsup

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1284 on: June 12, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
Is the prize not the Sharpie?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #1285 on: June 12, 2021, 08:22:17 PM »
It would be great if the guitar came with an amplifier!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #1286 on: June 13, 2021, 02:15:10 PM »
I think this should be taken in the spirit it is meant, so good on Mark for helping yet another charity, the fact you can win the guitar is a bonus, raising the money for charity is the point.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #1287 on: June 13, 2021, 11:25:28 PM »
I think this should be taken in the spirit it is meant, so good on Mark for helping yet another charity, the fact you can win the guitar is a bonus, raising the money for charity is the point.

I see it like you!
It's a great gesture from Mark to donate this beautiful guitar for a good cause. I hope that a lot of money will be raised to help these people.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #1288 on: June 14, 2021, 01:26:49 AM »
Exactly. The rest is unimportant.
Clear as the day

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1289 on: June 14, 2021, 08:45:49 AM »

I agree! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 37 queries.