Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Henrik Hansen Documentary  (Read 121562 times)

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
Re: Hendrik Hansen Documentary
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »
I'm sure it'll be nice. Just a little strange to release a 2015 tour documentary in 2018, right? They're doing good work, but man, are they slow ... ::)

I think also that very slow to record a new album part of 2016 all 2017.... :think

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 10:49:55 PM »
I'm sure it'll be nice. Just a little strange to release a 2015 tour documentary in 2018, right? They're doing good work, but man, are they slow ... ::)

I think also that very slow to record a new album part of 2016 all 2017.... :think

That's because he was working on a secret project that is taking him a lot of time. He also took a break dg 2016...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 01:33:28 PM »
I say the Tracker tour was his worst tour so why on Earth by all means it's THAT tour they are finally do a documentary of?  ::)

LE

"Worst" in what respect? (Just wondering what you're take on that tour was.)

Love Expresso

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »
Total static setlist throughout the whole tour, Mark seemed tired from the first night on, bad opener, Privateering played much sloooower, total autopilot CBC, Hill Farmer and Sultans guitar songs made me cringe and feel embarrased that he dares to play them still, or slaughter them, Sax on R&J totally not fitting, tour date announcement in small parts total desaster for making plans, official recordings sounded utterly crap, made me think I hope no one of my people will be able to listen to this or they will ask me how I can be a fan of this...  Mark's vocals not good from Dublin on, he missed more lyrics than ever...
I think that was it... 
I saw him in Dublin, Hamburg and Munich. .. In Hamburg I literally almost fell asleep during Postcards, no joke...
The whole tour, even Guy's diary, seemed utterly bored. And boring.

How I miss the 2013 tour... daily setlist changes, powerful guitar playing, good vibes... Listen to the later shows in July from Dijon or Padova 2013 and compare to the Munich 2015 recording with open ears.

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 03:36:32 PM »
Still not sure if I will buy tickets if another tour is announced, really the impact of 2015. As much as I really love the Tracker album, the "live magic" is totally gone since 2015. Best part about it was and is the opportunity to meet all the great AMIT people and fans..

LE

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 04:26:22 PM »
Total static setlist throughout the whole tour, Mark seemed tired from the first night on, bad opener, Privateering played much sloooower, total autopilot CBC, Hill Farmer and Sultans guitar songs made me cringe and feel embarrased that he dares to play them still, or slaughter them, Sax on R&J totally not fitting, tour date announcement in small parts total desaster for making plans, official recordings sounded utterly crap, made me think I hope no one of my people will be able to listen to this or they will ask me how I can be a fan of this...  Mark's vocals not good from Dublin on, he missed more lyrics than ever...
I think that was it... 
I saw him in Dublin, Hamburg and Munich. .. In Hamburg I literally almost fell asleep during Postcards, no joke...

How I miss the 2013 tour... daily setlist changes, powerful guitar playing, good vibes... Listen to the later shows in July from Dijon or Padova 2013 and compare to the Munich 2015 recording with open ears.

LE

Okay, I see. I'm sure there is (sadly) some truth in what you say. I didn't see/hear that much of a difference between 2013 and 2015 (even thought hat the Sultans solo was a less embarrassing in 2015), but then I only went to one concert per tour - not a statistically valid sample. What I do remember that I was outright shocked when I heard that he made "Broken Bones" the opener, but funnily, when I listen to Tracker-tour concerts now, I kind of like it. But yeah, a change of personnel, more setlist changes and a goodbye kiss to Sultans certainly would make the next tour a better experience. Speaking of which: Of course you'll go. Don't be silly. Hey, it's Mark Knopfler!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2017, 04:44:12 PM »
I think that was it... 

LE

I tend to agree with a lot of what you say, LE.   I was at four of the concerts - Manchester, Newcastle, London O2 and RAH.   Of these, Manchester is definitely the best and I'm still enjoying listening to the recording. The others, though are not up to MK's usual standard, especially Newcastle which is unlistenable for me, due to the poor sound quality.   In fact, Manchester is the only one I still listen to and MK seemed to have a lot of energy at this concert.   Interestingly, Manchester was the concert which was remixed after a lot of complaints.   Generally, though the official recordings were not as good as on previous tours, from those I have heard. of course!

At Manchester I really enjoyed SOS, MM, KoG, Skydiver, TR and GH  but just like you I dislike the sax on R&J - it completely ruined the song for me.    Also I feel that HFB has run it's course now and should probably be dropped next tour.

I still listen with pleasure to the 2010 and 2013 concerts!

Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2017, 04:45:08 PM »
Yeah,  three shows at least I guess...  ::)

:lol

LE

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 05:00:43 PM »
I think that was it... 

LE
I'm with you, this is the first tour I went away wishing I hadn't bothered. Set list was dull and as I said at the time MK was not match fit. I can't listen to any of the recordings from the tour. I did however love Broken Bones but I think I'm on my own with that.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »
May I suggest you listen to Sion 2015. Superb sound, very good SOS, TR, HFB, SAN and LH.
Yeah maybe a bit less energetic than Saint-Julien 2013 but si much emotion. Performances are even better than Manchester's, altough Manchester recording sound quality is unique !
So it really depended on the night and recording quality...

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »
I think that was it... 

LE
I'm with you, this is the first tour I went away wishing I hadn't bothered. Set list was dull and as I said at the time MK was not match fit. I can't listen to any of the recordings from the tour. I did however love Broken Bones but I think I'm on my own with that.

You're not alone. And it wasn't all bad. I believe that is exaggerating. But everyone can have their opinion of course:-) Although I agree MK could've done better overall. It wasn't bad, but he could've done better.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 07:19:32 PM »
MK always say he like compose, record and perform. Three things. But sometimes I feel performance is only the duty for him. Like he becomes bored after few concert. Maybe he must change for difrent strategy.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2017, 07:43:08 PM »
Funny, because Guy said it was the best tour ever!  lol

I'm pretty sure they remixed the Dublin show as well as the Manchester one.  Apart from that they sound awful and do the performances no favours whatsoever.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2017, 08:26:22 PM »
Another broken bones fan here. Drop marbletown. Drop Ylt, oes, speedway, brothers, sultans, and I am forgetting a few. Do a whole new setlist,...i understand one needs a few all time favourites, for the general public,  bring back some you have not played in ages, tunnel, money, private inv. (?), your own sweet way..maybe add a cover, forever young, some Clapton 1988-89 song, apache...stir the shit up. The catalogue is so massive.

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2017, 09:59:00 PM »
Another broken bones fan here. Drop marbletown. Drop Ylt, oes, speedway, brothers, sultans, and I am forgetting a few. Do a whole new setlist,...i understand one needs a few all time favourites, for the general public,  bring back some you have not played in ages, tunnel, money, private inv. (?), your own sweet way..maybe add a cover, forever young, some Clapton 1988-89 song, apache...stir the shit up. The catalogue is so massive.

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

So very true. Let's send this to MK and sign it as a forum  ;D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 43 queries.