Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Henrik Hansen Documentary  (Read 121558 times)

OnlineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
Re: Henrik Hansen Documentary
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
yes was great being there , car broke down on way back and pushed out of the mud , great to feel close to the band meeting guy was really nice too and mk in wellies was cool

Yes it was a surreal occasion wasn't it??!! I remember getting there very early to look round and then spotting MK and family in wellies! Mind you yes I needed a push out of the car park too!

My experience was even more surreal... I was sitting in a desk having something to eat with my friends and MK and his family arrived, bought something to eat and sat in the table next to us!!!!!

WOW.... how electrifying. Where did that happen ?   Did anyone else approach him in/out of the place ?    Or was he a grey eminence  :D

It was quite surreal, nobody noticed him or pretended not to notice him. He passed walking by in front of me and I didn't noticed him either. One of my friends left his seat like he was Flash and in a blink of an eye he was saying Hi to MK and shaking hands, and also in a blink of an eye I took my phone and took a picture of the moment as I noticed what was happening!.

All was so quick that I don't remember how it happened... Mk, his wife and youngest daughter went to buy something to one of the food tracks and after that, came and seat in the table just next to us, he made a movement with his head toward my friend, and they stayed there having their food, just next to us, and nobody said a thing to them, we didn't bothered them either further than that shaking hands from my friend that was very polite and didn't last more than 10 seconds... My friend actually is very shy but he couldn't resist!

What a story. Thank you for sharing. 
Because we all know how important his privacy is to him, it was very respectful of you and all of the others not to bother him.  :thumbsup
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2021, 01:02:07 PM »
Henrik’s feature length biographical documentary on Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) is set to release 2021.

https://rsafilms.com/us/directors/henrik-hansen

Back to the topic for a second:
are there any further news around on the documentary?
With almost half of 2021 over...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:31:39 PM by skydiver »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2021, 01:57:21 PM »
Henrik’s feature length biographical documentary on Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits) is set to release 2021.

Back to the topic for a second:
are there any further news around on the documentary?
With almost half of 2021 over...

We're still at early June...

A usual release date might be autumm 2021 but considering MK is recording a new cd, and how lazy are they, probably, it Hansen's video gets released, would make it as a bonus dvd in MK new album...

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2021, 03:02:44 PM »
A bonus DVD in connection with the next release would indeed be a good idea.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2021, 11:14:20 PM »
Guy is avoiding the question on this project. I wonder if it is stil happening. He's not answering but he could say something like, still working on that or something else. Perhaps MK canceled the project but Guy is not at liberty to say.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #200 on: July 30, 2021, 11:39:17 PM »
Guy is avoiding the question on this project. I wonder if it is stil happening. He's not answering but he could say something like, still working on that or something else. Perhaps MK canceled the project but Guy is not at liberty to say.

It's just in the development hell... You can't make a documentary movie for such a long time, it makes no sense. Maybe Mark wants to include his upcoming album in it prominently or something. The worst thing about projects in development hell is that it builds and builds expectations, and then it finally releases and doesn't meet your expectations at all. You think if they make a movie for so long, it has to be a masterpiece, no less.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2021, 09:16:58 AM »
Ofcourse people ecpect something if you post this on your website:
June 30, 2017
Henrick Hansen, who did the short film for the Tracker album promotion, is to make a Mark Knopfler documentary scheduled for a 2018 release together with an in-concert film featuring live performances from the Tracker tour. A Tracker live album may possibly accompany the documentary.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2021, 02:35:23 PM »
But my guess is it has been delayed. Some time ago this was listed as 2021 release on his website.
Now it says untitled feature documenrary. Nothing about 2021 release date anymore.
http://henrikhansen.net/feature-films

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2021, 07:57:31 PM »
It still says 2021 in the last sentence on the page. If it is going to happen, is up to Mark I guess. Why did he let HH start on such a project, and let him go on for *years*, if he doesn't intend to release it?   ???

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 08:17:57 PM by Elin N »

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2021, 08:28:52 PM »
Ofcourse people ecpect something if you post this on your website:
June 30, 2017
Henrick Hansen, who did the short film for the Tracker album promotion, is to make a Mark Knopfler documentary scheduled for a 2018 release together with an in-concert film featuring live performances from the Tracker tour. A Tracker live album may possibly accompany the documentary.

Disgusting stuff, there aren't other words unfortunately, same story since 1993 included
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2021, 08:33:48 PM »
It still says 2021 in the last sentence on the page. If it is going to happen, is up to Mark I guess. Why did he let HH start on such a project, and let him go on for *years*, if he doesn't intend to release it?   ???

Good point but my feeling is something is not right on this project. Guy avoiding a question about this and how long is this project been going, over 4 years now  ??? ???

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2021, 09:49:54 PM »
My guess would be that the 2021 date would have been given with an expectation to release it in a 25th anniversary box set.  Since we already know the contents of that then I think this may well end up beside the Madrid 2001 DVD etc.  ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2021, 10:02:42 PM »
My guess would be that the 2021 date would have been given with an expectation to release it in a 25th anniversary box set.  Since we already know the contents of that then I think this may well end up beside the Madrid 2001 DVD etc.  ::)

Indeed, we may never see this film....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2021, 10:14:59 PM »

Indeed, we may never see this film....

I don't think so... I'm pretty sure we will see it! It would be the worst decision of them all to cancel this film.

Because I remember the Tracker movie, and they released it like it was nothing, just as a part of the marketing campaign. It was terribly short, but it tied the whole album together. Still, when I remember times and songs from the album, I'm thinking about stills from that little documentary! Brilliantly shot, beautiful scenes, amazing Mark, amazing music, everything's great.

With the release of Down The Road Wherever all they had was this weird EPK with chubby and constantly heavy breathing and coughing Mark, an interviewer whom you can't even hear asking questions, a lousy backdrop. It was terrible and I DON'T want to watch it again. Whoever came up with this was out of his mind!

A new documentary, however, coming from the same guy who's made Tracker... Anyway, my point is if that's going to be something that I'll remember and cherish for the rest of my life, and it will be as masterfully done as the Tracker movie, I can wait even 10 years.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2021, 10:25:48 PM »
Maybe they are just waiting MK gathers his band to record his next album and add material from these sessions before releasing.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 37 queries.