Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Henrik Hansen Documentary  (Read 121607 times)

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
Re: Henrik Hansen Documentary
« Reply #345 on: November 11, 2021, 12:12:13 PM »
We can also add the Royal Albert Hall dvd/bluray project
which Guy Fletcher said was cancelled because RAH fees were too high  :disbelief :disbelief

It's unbelievable stuff really

And yet the Ukulele Orchestra of GB filmed their prom at the RAH and released a DVD?
They are fantastic musicians, don’t get me wrong but they are NOT in MK’s league budget wise

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #346 on: November 11, 2021, 12:43:38 PM »
I wonder who paid for the BBC session that was ditched?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #347 on: November 11, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »

It was recorded for the Jools Holland show, at least it was recorded in his program stage.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2021, 12:55:04 PM »

It was recorded for the Jools Holland show, at least it was recorded in his program stage.

So the British TV licence payer.  We demand it be released!!! 😁
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #349 on: November 12, 2021, 04:24:37 PM »
which Guy Fletcher said was cancelled because RAH fees were too high  :disbelief :disbelief

And yet the Ukulele Orchestra of GB filmed their prom at the RAH and released a DVD?
They are fantastic musicians, don’t get me wrong but they are NOT in MK’s league budget wise

UO of GB are just fabulous!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #350 on: November 15, 2021, 11:12:04 PM »

Aren’t they just?

I so badly want this project but I can’t see it happening. I wonder if MK asked him to make it or paid for it to be made? Waste of his money if so.
But as well, compared to how many people in the UK own BIA as an album for example, the take up or interest of this project would be relatively small.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #351 on: November 15, 2021, 11:25:28 PM »

Aren’t they just?

I so badly want this project but I can’t see it happening. I wonder if MK asked him to make it or paid for it to be made? Waste of his money if so.
But as well, compared to how many people in the UK own BIA as an album for example, the take up or interest of this project would be relatively small.

Small clips of it were used in the video for Good On You Son and perhaps the press kit too.  They may even use more of it on future projects so perhaps they see it as money well spent, who knows...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2022, 10:50:04 AM »
2021 came and went and still no documentary despite saying it would be released in 2021 and it still states that on Henrik's site :hmm
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2022, 12:41:26 PM »
2021 came and went and still no documentary despite saying it would be released in 2021 and it still states that on Henrik's site :hmm

One day, one day - perhaps?!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2022, 03:29:46 PM »

Hopefully Hansen film something from this new sessions and release the documentary as a bonus with the new record.

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #355 on: January 17, 2022, 08:19:10 AM »

Hopefully Hansen film something from this new sessions and release the documentary as a bonus with the new record.

I seem to recall Guy saying that the film had been finished but he didn’t know/couldn’t say anything more.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #356 on: January 17, 2022, 08:22:26 AM »

I seem to recall Guy saying that the film had been finished but he didn’t know/couldn’t say anything more.

If it's finished, it has two options then, being added as a bonus in the new record or being shelved

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #357 on: January 17, 2022, 08:45:56 AM »
I'd suggest they also film the recording of all the subsequent MK's albums, also can wait for when he passes away and cover that in the film as well. Then, you can also wait a little bit and add a section about his legacy, and also don't forget about DS 50 and 60 anniversary in 2028 and 2038, also to include Mark's 100th birthday in 2049 would be a great touch. Can't wait for the film! :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #358 on: January 17, 2022, 09:15:45 AM »
I'd suggest they also film the recording of all the subsequent MK's albums, also can wait for when he passes away and cover that in the film as well. Then, you can also wait a little bit and add a section about his legacy, and also don't forget about DS 50 and 60 anniversary in 2028 and 2038, also to include Mark's 100th birthday in 2049 would be a great touch. Can't wait for the film! :lol

Yes, it's that ridicoulos...

When it was first filmed, it made sense, as it pretended to be an extension of the short Tracker documentary, they filmed some live shows from Tracker tour, I think Copenhagen, Barcelona and some from the US, and that would had made a great one, then they also filmed the History festival, and apparently the Local Hero musical recordings, the recordings of the DTRW record (both according to the images saw at the "Good on you son" video) and that would had been great to release during the DTRW tour, as the musical was already played in Edinburgh and DTRW was already out, but no, it wasn't... maybe they were waiting to the LH musical cd to be released, but as the London representations were cancelled, also the cd.

Now if it's released it would cover more and more so more stuff would had to be left out.

I don't think they are going to release this documentary until the musical is released in London theatres, because the filming also covered this, but who knows.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #359 on: January 17, 2022, 09:37:20 AM »

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 37 queries.