Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Setlist changes  (Read 16322 times)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: Setlist changes
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2018, 01:10:44 PM »
I know for a fact Mark's management has been contacted several times by brazilian promoters and the demands were absolutely ridiculous. He doesn't wanna come so the easiest way out is to make it look impossible, that's my understanding based on what I heard here.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2018, 01:21:37 PM »
I know for a fact Mark's management has been contacted several times by brazilian promoters and the demands were absolutely ridiculous. He doesn't wanna come so the easiest way out is to make it look impossible, that's my understanding based on what I heard here.

Absolutely ridiculous?

MK tours many places in North America and Europe, in Spain, for example, they play about five or six concerts sometimes in cities where it's not that common or rare someone like MK plays there so, the demands to play in South America are ridiculous but to play NA or Europe, their demands are more normal?

Actually, the Spanish promoter said in an interview once that MK and his manager are not more difficult on their demands that any other artist, in the contrary. And some big names goes to play to Brazil...

Maybe is just is too expensive for MK and their band to travel to certain places, hence the demands... but, other big names plays in Brazil so...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2018, 01:45:31 PM »

Absolutely ridiculous?

MK tours many places in North America and Europe, in Spain, for example, they play about five or six concerts sometimes in cities where it's not that common or rare someone like MK plays there so, the demands to play in South America are ridiculous but to play NA or Europe, their demands are more normal?

Actually, the Spanish promoter said in an interview once that MK and his manager are not more difficult on their demands that any other artist, in the contrary. And some big names goes to play to Brazil...

Maybe is just is too expensive for MK and their band to travel to certain places, hence the demands... but, other big names plays in Brazil so...

When I say demands I don't mean 1000 black towels or fancy french mineral water, it's more about money, logistics and so on. Artists know that due to our weak currency and economic issues bringing them over is a huge effort so they tend to lower their demands in order to make it viable. Why do they do it? Because they really wanna come and play here - and of course they still make shit loads of money anyway.

A MK tour here would get sold out within days, DS was a big deal in Brazil back in the day. Mark doesn't come because he's not willing to make the same effort that Clapton, Stewart, Cocker, Sting and many others made over the last 10 years or so... he's happy with his Europe/North America bubble.

OfflineShangri-La

• Local Hero
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2018, 11:37:34 AM »
How many copies of Tracker were sold in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico or Chili ? MK don't sell there.

But in Germany yes, so he played 12 shows. In France, sales has declined for ten years and the number of shows too.

No sales = no concerts.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2018, 01:14:13 PM »
I could prove you wrong in about 17 different ways but I can’t be bothered right now.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2018, 01:32:14 PM »
How many copies of Tracker were sold in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico or Chili ? MK don't sell there.

But in Germany yes, so he played 12 shows. In France, sales has declined for ten years and the number of shows too.

No sales = no concerts.

Dire Straits Legends sales in Brazil must be biggest as hell as they fill their concerts there.

OfflineShangri-La

• Local Hero
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2018, 05:32:47 PM »

No sales = no concerts.

Dire Straits Legends sales in Brazil must be biggest as hell as they fill their concerts there.

I don't see the link with Mark Knopfler, Privateering, Tracker etc. sorry.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2018, 06:49:37 PM »

No sales = no concerts.

I don't see the link with Mark Knopfler, Privateering, Tracker etc. sorry.

Record sales and ticket sales are not linked at all.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2018, 08:34:39 PM »

No sales = no concerts.

That was one of them, 16 to go lol

Any MK concert in Brazil would be sold out as they all were back in 2001. Album sales in Brazil means nothing. Paul McCartney, Roger Waters and Eric Clapton sell very little here but their tours were extremely successful. That logic might make sense in some countries but not in mine.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 38 queries.