Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album - Down The Road Wherever  (Read 162450 times)

OfflinePyroaction

• Camerado
    • AFMK
Re: New Album - Down The Road Wherever
« Reply #585 on: September 24, 2018, 09:16:03 AM »
Ugly promo pictures, album cover found on google image, poor communication from the management...
I hope all the energy has been put in the forthcoming songs.
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #586 on: September 24, 2018, 09:34:20 AM »
I hope that any video appears soon. Until now every MK release had a video introducing the upcoming release...

I recall listening to "A heart full of holes" fragment in the KTGC promo video before it was released, also listening tosmall parts of "Heart of oak", "Basil", "Taormina" and "Wherever I go" in the small Tracker video.

Someone said in facebook, I don't know who or the source, that today there will be one video, so I really hope we have something new to talk about!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
« Reply #587 on: September 24, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »
I hope that any video appears soon. Until now every MK release had a video introducing the upcoming release...

I recall listening to "A heart full of holes" fragment in the KTGC promo video before it was released, also listening tosmall parts of "Heart of oak", "Basil", "Taormina" and "Wherever I go" in the small Tracker video.

Someone said in facebook, I don't know who or the source, that today there will be one video, so I really hope we have something new to talk about!

I don't think I ever saw that 'small Tracker video'. I do remember the TV spot for Tracker but that came with the album's release.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #588 on: September 24, 2018, 09:52:33 AM »

I don't think I ever saw that 'small Tracker video'. I do remember the TV spot for Tracker but that came with the album's release.

Love Expresso

« Reply #589 on: September 24, 2018, 10:17:51 AM »
Not being too fond of the first single (as it turned out I was not the only one, and Early Bird was mentioned a lot), I started thinking about the time we got Tracker.
In 2015 already many people recognized a lot of familiar stuff in the Tracker songs, some used the word "recylcling" and listed what the found in which song. Now we have an very obvious Early Bird in Good On You Son. I think we should not really raise our expectations too high with the new record and wonder how many other familiar tunes will turn up on Down The Road Whatever.

P.S.: Good On You Son grows on me I happily admit.  :wave

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #590 on: September 24, 2018, 10:23:07 AM »
Not being too fond of the first single (as it turned out I was not the only one, and Early Bird was mentioned a lot), I started thinking about the time we got Tracker.
In 2015 already many people recognized a lot of familiar stuff in the Tracker songs, some used the word "recylcling" and listed what the found in which song. Now we have an very obvious Early Bird in Good On You Son. I think we should not really raise our expectations too high with the new record and wonder how many other familiar tunes will turn up on Down The Road Whatever.

LE

I also heard that the single has something from "Broken bones" and some from the melodies in "A shot at glory"...

I also find something in the single that makes me remember about Mark Knopfler colaboration with Sonny Landreth, "Congo Square"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #591 on: September 24, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »

LE

I also heard that the single has something from "Broken bones" and some from the melodies in "A shot at glory"...

I also find something in the single that makes me remember about Mark Knopfler colaboration with Sonny Landreth, "Congo Square"

Also, when the song is going around in my head, someway or another it becomes Why Aye Man or We Can Get Wild!    :hmm
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »

LE

Also, when the song is going around in my head, someway or another it becomes Why Aye Man or We Can Get Wild!    :hmm

Damn Knopfler sounds like damn Knopfler

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2018, 11:01:18 AM »

Oh you meant that one, of course
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:25:19 PM by Dutchessy »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #595 on: September 24, 2018, 11:25:34 AM »
It just did

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2018, 11:57:28 AM »
It just did

Did what?

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »
It just did

Did what?

LE

It appears :)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2018, 01:18:37 PM »
Clip is on youtube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=WPeM0kN0W_Mbr20o%3A6&v=JIBCHh-fMUE&app=desktop

Btw,what are theese tour dates in the description  lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »
Clip is on youtube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=WPeM0kN0W_Mbr20o%3A6&v=JIBCHh-fMUE&app=desktop

Btw,what are theese tour dates in the description  lol

Grace Carter tour dates...

Our old MK people messing things as usual

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 43 queries.