Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Information about "Down the road wherever"  (Read 131109 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Information about "Down the road wherever"
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2018, 12:04:11 PM »
Thanks for finding and posting all this background info, guys! So interesting.

And now that journalists already got a link, it can only be a matter of days until the whole thing leaks somewhere ...  :o

I don't think any journalist got any link, I think that person is lying...

Why? Because I have a friend who has access to that links because of his work and MK record hasn't appeared yet. Only the single and it lasted three days.

So maybe that person just listened to the single and generalized that sound to all the record, or that person is lying.

I don't think anybody lied. Actually, I just found the first download links online. Illegal, of course, and I'm not yet sure whether any of them will work, but the album's definitely leaked. As it would, inevitably. I'll try and find a working link when I have the time, and it listen to it later this week (when I have even more time  :D). Oh, and yes, of course I'll also BUY it as soon as that's possible.

Haha, no, I

I also found many illegal download links when Tracker, 99% fake, many of them you had the give a credit card, beware...

Record companies changed the system, they don't send cd's anymore, they have an internal website where they put the releases and you have to be credited to listen to that music they put in their site. Those songs have a watermark that points to your user so if there is a leak, they have a guilty.

When Tracker came out in that website my friend tried to capture it to me, and due to the watermark was impossible as the sound went up and down and noisy. That system really works and avoid the leaks.

Interesting ... we'll see. One of the links I found so far was working – I could download the album - but it comes with a password, and to get that, you'd have to submit a working email address. Which of course I won't. But it shows that the album's out. All previous albums leaked long before the actual release date, so I suppose we'll have this one pretty soon, too.

And if you provide an e-mail, then you will have to provide a credit card etc

beware

fake links.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
If the album is REALLY leaked, you will see that it's leaked here:

https://hasitleaked.com/?s=knopfler++down+the+road+wherever

I used this site for several releases and it's always right when they say something has leaked.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2018, 01:50:32 PM »

I used this site for several releases and it's always right when they say something has leaked.

Yeah, I know that site. I was able to download a zip file containing 16 correctly-named songs, as it seems. But they are password-protected. I tend to believe they the really ARE the songs, though, which is why I expect a non-protected download soon. Once some people have the files, it's hard to control them.

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »

Yeah, I know that site. I was able to download a zip file containing 16 correctly-named songs, as it seems. But they are password-protected. I tend to believe they the really ARE the songs, though, which is why I expect a non-protected download soon. Once some people have the files, it's hard to control them.

Try to put one of those prepayment credit card number withouth any cash in it  ;D

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »

Virus alert, watch out...
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »

That's another of the risks of those fake downloads...

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2018, 03:08:13 PM »

I know, but I think I know when to be alerted by now, and when to stop. I've download several albums from rather dodgy-looking sites in the past because I didn't want to wait for the official release date, and never caught any viruses. I'd never give away real email addresses, though, let alone credit-card details. And I'm not really interested in "stealing" something. I'm happy to pay for whatever music I listen to, and I will. Mark, in particular, got quite a bit of money from me over the years ;). But I just want to hear his new album as soon as I can, no matter how.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2018, 03:17:04 PM »

I know, but I think I know when to be alerted by now, and when to stop. I've download several albums from rather dodgy-looking sites in the past because I didn't want to wait for the official release date, and never caught any viruses. I'd never give away real email addresses, though, let alone credit-card details. And I'm not really interested in "stealing" something. I'm happy to pay for whatever music I listen to, and I will. Mark, in particular, got quite a bit of money from me over the years ;). But I just want to hear his new album as soon as I can, no matter how.
Tell me when you have found it ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »

100% agree, same philosophy here.
Please let me know also when the leak is available :)
And I swear, I will buy it in its most expensive edition, as I have always done !

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2018, 03:37:23 PM »
Can you please post a link to the mentioned MK dedicated FB group? I did not know about it :think

it's a closed french group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/direstraitsandmk/

@Jbaent I don't know the guy pesonnally, but I don't think he lies

I am not a journalist but via my work I emailed this morning at mercury, and they replied that I will have a link soon
of course you'll understand that I won't leak it here, but I hope I wil be able to listen to the album very soon (ok you can call me Guy Fletcher now  ;D :lol)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:35:09 PM by JF »

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #145 on: October 01, 2018, 04:18:56 PM »
Can you please post a link to the mentioned MK dedicated FB group? I did not know about it :think

I am not a journalist but via my work I emailed this morning at mercury, and they replied that I will have a link soon
of course you'll understand that I won't leak it here, but I hope I wil be able to listen to the album very soon (ok you can call Guy flectcehr now  ;D :lol)

Why should I do something so idiotic?

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2018, 04:34:37 PM »

of course you'll understand that I won't leak it here, but I hope I wil be able to listen to the album very soon (ok you can call Guy flectcehr now  ;D :lol)

Why should I do something so idiotic?

sorry don't understand exactly what you mean, but I was refering to the post where you said that the guy was lying. I don't think it's the case

oh I just read my post again, and I was meaning "you can call ME Guy Fletcher now"  ;D (because of the "Soon" word of course

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2018, 05:18:12 PM »
Maybe this was answered here before, but does anyone know why the song order is TOTALLY different on the vinyl albums? Very strange. I don't think that's ever been the case in the past, and I can't see any reason for it.  :think

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »
I have the album. I will listen to it this evening and will report later.... :P 8)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #149 on: October 01, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »
I have the album. I will listen to it this evening and will report later.... :P 8)

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 39 queries.