Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Unable to reply to topics  (Read 39495 times)

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Re: Unable to reply to topics
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 10:43:15 AM »
Strange, never had this problem before, but I can't see the Reply button in the tour forum now. No wonder there are so few replies all of a sudden. Nice to see a few surprises in the setlist, though A Night in Summer is surely one of the most boring songs from GH. Bring me Darling Pretty any time of the day.

Love Expresso

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 10:46:22 AM »
I had troubles, too and they started again when I was asked a question about the "reply" function which I can't remember exaclty but I answered "Yes"
and from there on the Reply button was gone. Now it is here again...

I am confident that our technical geniuses in the background will work it all out!  :)

Thanks for your efforts, Dan!

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 10:47:23 AM »
Maybe we have been hacked into by BD fans to stop us posting!   :disbelief   :o   :lol
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 10:49:25 AM »
In fact this thread is the only one where I am able to reply...
All the other sections don't show the reply button for me...

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 11:20:01 AM »
So I did a little research (I am slow, sorry, Sunday morning...), and I can reply (and quote) in all sections except the "2011 Mark Knopfler & Bob Dylan Tour" section. Strange....

If I can do anything myself to change this I would be happy to hear any suggestions?

LE

Rollergirl

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 11:35:48 AM »
So I did a little research (I am slow, sorry, Sunday morning...), and I can reply (and quote) in all sections except the "2011 Mark Knopfler & Bob Dylan Tour" section. Strange....

If I can do anything myself to change this I would be happy to hear any suggestions?

LE

same here, well, no, I didn't try all sections, but I can't post in the Glasgow Thread

Love Expresso

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »
Great first YouTube clip from Dublin in that Dublin thread btw, phantastic quality, thanks shangri la 1!  Mark is in great shape it seems. Hopefully there will  come up some other songs...

(So frustrating to not be able to post anywhere else, so much things to say today!  :lol :lol)

LE

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »
Guy has a new diary post, quite long one too.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »
I was so tired last night after a long day that I must also add that we have such a great bunch of folk here at the forum; everyone I met yesterday was so nice.  I'd like to say a big thanks to Tunnel85, Dusty and Jbaent for making a great day even better.  It was good to put faces to the names.  Dusty has a picture to upload, we stood next to each other all night even managing to skip some of the queue!

I wasn't a Dylan fan but he does have charisma and a stage presence that MK never has had, if that is your thing.  Not mine.  It does however work the audience and it seemed his set was slightly better received imo.  Or maybe people had had more alcohol by then.

Maybe the 70min set means MK doesn't have to pace himself but he was certainly energetic last night.

Oh, and his new guitar has a kind of bluesy sound.  Really cool.  I think he likes it.  Sorry the post has been all over the place but it's just things a tired boy forgot last night! ::)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:49:06 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 12:54:25 PM »
Thanks! I hope you had a really great concert evening!
About charisma and stage presence: I always asked myself if I really would be able to  recognize if an artist shows up in front of me with these attributes - but then I saw Dire Straits in 1992 and learned that Mark was able to beam in every last row from every Arena and stadium there is... so I always thought that his charisma and stage presence would be an important part of the fascination he has for so many people, apart from his skills and talent.
But maybe we have different approaches to the term, it is not too important however.
I saw that DWB clip at the Dublin thread and must say Mark looked great and easy, he moved around with his guitar and you could see he was enjoying the gig immensly.

Would you be able to elaborate a little more about the two new songs? When I read that "Corned Beef City" starts like "Gravy Train", I thought that this
was exactly what I expected after reading about the content of that London area that's called Corned Beef City and why. Mark seems to have a catalogue of sounds in his head that he connects with certain pictures... I like that.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 12:58:49 PM »
Thanks for your review, dmg!   It seems like a good time was had by all!   Regarding charisma - to me MK has always oozed the stuff, from the moment I first saw him 30 years ago!   :P
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2011, 01:01:33 PM »
It would seem to me that the big change is really with Dylan; years ago he would stand behind his piano and hardly look at the audience. He's been reborn in that sense on stage.

As for the clip of Bonaparte, I like the way Mark changes the melody slightly here and there. Works just fine and keeps things fresh (I'd be happy without this song, but still).

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2011, 01:03:33 PM »
Thanks for your review, dmg!   It seems like a good time was had by all!   Regarding charisma - to me MK has always oozed the stuff, from the moment I first saw him 30 years ago!   :P

Perhaps stage presence and moving around on stage;  MK is pretty static.  Doesn't matter to me, in fact I prefer that the showman element isn't there because it's just nothing to do with music and it's there simply to fill a gap.  Mark doesn't need it.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 01:05:05 PM »
It would seem to me that the big change is really with Dylan; years ago he would stand behind his piano and hardly look at the audience. He's been reborn in that sense on stage.

As for the clip of Bonaparte, I like the way Mark changes the melody slightly here and there. Works just fine and keeps things fresh (I'd be happy without this song, but still).

Dylan was on keys all night.  No guitar at all last night.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »

Perhaps stage presence and moving around on stage;  MK is pretty static.  Doesn't matter to me, in fact I prefer that the showman element isn't there because it's just nothing to do with music and it's there simply to fill a gap.  Mark doesn't need it.

Moving around the stage, posturing, etc doesn't make charisma!  I think the fact that MK doesn't do these showman things is one of the reasons he is so charismatic to me.   I can't bear showmanship!   :)   I agree with you, MK doesn't need it! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 49 queries.