Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Unable to reply to topics  (Read 39388 times)

OfflineTally

• Camerado
Re: Unable to reply to topics
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 01:15:31 PM »
It would seem to me that the big change is really with Dylan; years ago he would stand behind his piano and hardly look at the audience. He's been reborn in that sense on stage.

As for the clip of Bonaparte, I like the way Mark changes the melody slightly here and there. Works just fine and keeps things fresh (I'd be happy without this song, but still).

Dylan was on keys all night.  No guitar at all last night.

I did not see the show, of course, but from what I understand he is now moving around quite a lot on stage when not playing his organ, smiling and posing to the audience. This would have been unheard of ten years ago.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
It would seem to me that the big change is really with Dylan; years ago he would stand behind his piano and hardly look at the audience. He's been reborn in that sense on stage.

As for the clip of Bonaparte, I like the way Mark changes the melody slightly here and there. Works just fine and keeps things fresh (I'd be happy without this song, but still).

Dylan was on keys all night.  No guitar at all last night.

I did not see the show, of course, but from what I understand he is now moving around quite a lot on stage when not playing his organ, smiling and posing to the audience. This would have been unheard of ten years ago.

He was actually doing a wee jig whilst playing his organ,  Movig up and down, tapping his feet and smiling all night!  Very good mood.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2011, 01:35:14 PM »
So I did a little research (I am slow, sorry, Sunday morning...), and I can reply (and quote) in all sections except the "2011 Mark Knopfler & Bob Dylan Tour" section. Strange....

If I can do anything myself to change this I would be happy to hear any suggestions?

LE

same here ... no reply button in all threads of the "2011 Mark Knopfler & Bob Dylan Tour" section.

Love Expresso

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »
Richard has his new entry up, too. After all we could read about the "grumpy Fletch" at Guy's page this morning, it seems Richard did not have one of the best days, too! Funny to read! I am sure Glasgow has not made one of the best impressions on the boys...

LE

daylon

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2011, 02:17:30 PM »
Hi ,
New here - first post(signed up for a year or two though)
Can,t reply in the "who,s going where" topic, but i,ll be in glasgow tonight to see mark.

Daylon.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 02:20:22 PM »
Hi ,
New here - first post(signed up for a year or two though)
Can,t reply in the "who,s going where" topic, but i,ll be in glasgow tonight to see mark.

Daylon.

Welcome Daylon!  That's three from Scotland I think now on here - small, but (certainly not) silent! ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 02:22:50 PM »
Would you be able to elaborate a little more about the two new songs? When I read that "Corned Beef City" starts like "Gravy Train", I thought that this was exactly what I expected after reading about the content of that London area that's called Corned Beef City and why. Mark seems to have a catalogue of sounds in his head that he connects with certain pictures... I like that.

LE

Need to listen to the songs deeper.  
The connection to Gravy Train is really obvious, absolutely same intro, Same rythm, slide guitar, same piano background.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 03:03:55 PM »
Hello all!

It's 9 AM NY time. Seems while I was asleep some event caused one of the sub forums to go into read only mode. The issue should be fixed now, and I will be investigating the root cause today. You should have the ability to post in any forum now.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Love Expresso

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »
Hey Dan! Thanks so much, it is working now properly indeed! So early up in the morning on an already into this matter again, hats off from my side!  :)

LE

Rollergirl

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »
yes! it's working now, thanks Dan!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
Thanks Dan!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »
There appears to be another glitch!   I can only see the Mark Knopfler/Bob Dylan Tour thread when I'm logged in.  Previously I could read it logged out!   ???
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
strange but that's not a problem to me, I am always logged in

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
There appears to be another glitch!   I can only see the Mark Knopfler/Bob Dylan Tour thread when I'm logged in.  Previously I could read it logged out!   ???

Yes, not a glitch actually, a suggestion was made by one of the Editors to disallow "guests" (non members) from reading that forum and that's what we went with.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Love Expresso

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 03:44:08 PM »
I think that's a good decision.

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 49 queries.