Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings  (Read 161315 times)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Re: 2019 Tour USB Stick Recordings
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2019, 10:23:51 PM »
This just continues, lots of customers not yet received link.. how hard can it be to send a mass message at the same time with the link?
Maybe they thought about OSAAT but instead "One MAIL at a time"...

Crappy management about the concert downloads including delays... The confusion during Fair Admission process etc...

It's like I said before : Down The Confusing Whatever Road Wherever :)

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2019, 10:24:30 PM »
I now got this reply:
My name is Greg and I work with Megan. As was mentioned to you previously the download link was delayed slightly as the download itself was still in the final stages of preparation. This happens sometimes with this category of product for the first show. That said, you can now download the file using the original link that was sent to you. We hope you enjoy.

This is AFTER they said they would send me a link shortly.
I'm glad I'm going out shortly or I might blow a fuse!
I hope everyone else has more luck.
I'll check back tomorrow for the latest exciting updates:)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2019, 10:43:51 PM »
I now got this reply:
My name is Greg and I work with Megan. As was mentioned to you previously the download link was delayed slightly as the download itself was still in the final stages of preparation. This happens sometimes with this category of product for the first show. That said, you can now download the file using the original link that was sent to you. We hope you enjoy.

1 day delay should mean Valencia is out tomorrow? Or is it one extra day of delay for each concert? Who knows  :o

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2019, 10:55:07 PM »
I now got this reply:

1 day delay should mean Valencia is out tomorrow? Or is it one extra day of delay for each concert? Who knows  :o

relax
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2019, 11:10:32 PM »
guys, check the code, the files released today are codified at 32khz instead of 44.1khz !

monkeys are working on this stuff !
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2019, 11:17:10 PM »
There is also a click on every track where I suppose the tracks should have been cut. TR starts during the Speedway outro..

It shouldn't be that difficult..

Delayed because the file wasn't ready they said.. sure..  :thumbsdown

Offlinejordan

• Guitar George
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2019, 11:20:15 PM »
No download link for me yet :(

OfflineAndrea82

• Guitar George
    • Unsurpassed Сasual Dating Real-life Females
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2019, 11:33:17 PM »
guys, check the code, the files released today are codified at 32khz instead of 44.1khz !

This was the 1st thing I've seen ...very disappointing!!

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2019, 11:45:15 PM »

This is ridiculous.
When you supply FLAC files you don't care about the size, you are selling top quality, so it makes no sense not to use 44 or 48 khz ! Why 32 ??!!! Shannon tells us that you miss the frequencies above 16khz ! A real shame.
The irony is that the 320mb/s mp3 might sound better, as it does not necessarily eliminate these frequencies...

Offlineregaran

• Local Hero
  • Since 1988
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2019, 12:57:28 AM »
Hi All, I got a very serious listenning on the mix using MP3 files, I got the download link this afternoon.

Here is my review :
1. Global feeling is that the sound is very compact, making all instrument sometime difficult to hear or to clearly identify
2. I'm not really finding the live aspect of a concert, public is too low except between songs where it seems to be higher
3. Mark's guitar and voice are in my opinion too in front comparing to other instruments making sometime the feeling to be like in 'ear monitor' sound
4. The mix between instuments is very strange, changing from a song to another, and not reflecting the great mix we have in concert
5. Bass sound is really too loud, making sometime the sound really hard to appreciate

So definitively, I'm not very satisfied with the result. Could be quite good to listen on speaker but very hard with headphones.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2019, 01:41:19 AM »
His guitar sounds weird and his voice is too high. I prefer the audience recording from Barcelona.

Offlinejonboy71

• Guitar George
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2019, 02:17:37 AM »
All, keep in mind this is new and the system will get better in time.  Everyone keeps complaining about this and that.  Mark could pull the plug on it and say it's more hassle than it's worth.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2019, 08:01:11 AM »
I have not had my download link yet, so can't comment about the product, but by reading the comments here, maybe they should have just waited untill the tour is over to release the files, that way they can spend a long time on them, to reach a higher standard.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2019, 08:23:27 AM »
All, keep in mind this is new and the system will get better in time.  Everyone keeps complaining about this and that.  Mark could pull the plug on it and say it's more hassle than it's worth.
There is what is hard to do (getting a good mix) and what is so easy to do that it is very amateurish not to do it (cutting the songs properly, using 44.1khz and not 32khz).

Offlineregaran

• Local Hero
  • Since 1988
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2019, 08:37:16 AM »
I Don't understant why they so much difficulties.
In 2010, i remember an article by Simfy guys explaining how they were doing the mix and how the show was part available immediatly at the end of the show.

They explained that they spatialized the scene as if you were seating in first row in the middle, and measured distance from this seat to each instrument and position Right/left.
They entered these data in their sound software and get from MK sound engineer the mix they are using during the show between instruments. They integrate public sound from behind.

Once all this was done, at each concert, they were using this template (readjusting sometime) to create the audio of the show. They done that for the half show and then copy and duplicate that during second half on USB to be sold at the end of the show.

And for me 2010 is the best audio we have. So, why not reproducing the same process ?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 37 queries.