Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings  (Read 163067 times)

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
Re: 2019 Tour USB Stick Recordings
« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2019, 07:52:36 PM »
just to make sure you have all the assets on your side before submitting a complaint, it may sound stupid, but have you tried to clear your browser's cache for those who use a computer and try again ? Sometimes the page displayed is the one saved in the cache.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #256 on: May 21, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »
Just received the download link.  Iam excited how the Sound quality is
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
link arrived !! :clap

Offlinecvstahl

• Local Hero
« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2019, 08:03:16 PM »
So if they upsampled the Barcelona show (why only upsample to 32 and not 44.1), that would explain those micro gaps in the Flac files for Barcelona, which I suspected. I edited all those gaps out and thought to myself they all looked like the classic gaps in time and appearance that I saw in bootlegs traded years ago that someone had taken mp3’s and changed to Flac.

It seems to border on fraud. You advertise one thing, charging a higher price for it as well, then they either don’t deliver it at all, or to those they do deliver too, it’s fake. Kinda like buying a fancy watch out on the street, you know it’s a knock off fake. Here, they’re passing off Flac as genuine when they’re really just glorified mp3’s
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:06:59 PM by cvstahl »

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »
So if they upsampled the Barcelona show (why only upsample to 32 and not 44.1), that would explain those micro gaps in the Flac files for Barcelona, which I suspected. I edited all those gaps out and thought to myself they all looked like the classic gaps in time and appearance that I saw in bootlegs traded years ago that someone had taken mp3’s and changed to Flac.

It seems to border on fraud. You advertise one thing, charging a higher price for it as well, then they either don’t deliver it at all, or to those they do deliver too, it’s fake. Kinda like buying a fancy watch out on the street, you know it’s a knock off fake. Here, they’re passing off Flac as genuine when they’re really just glorified mp3’s

Yes but like i wrote on previous page, the Valencia recording has different FLAC settings.. perhaps this one is "genuine"?  :thumbsup

OfflineChardonnay

• Guitar George
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2019, 08:34:30 PM »
Download link  arrived  :thumbsup

OfflineJasper90

• Camerado
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2019, 08:35:32 PM »
So they finally sent a link and after downloading it is confirmed they are upsampled flac files(i.e. converted from mp3.)
This is fraud.
I have made them aware of this "error" so if they continue selling upsampled flac files they will have no defence.
This really is a complete Crock.

Really ridiculous :smack
Only the one from Barcelona or also the Valencia?  :think
MK Down the Road Wherever tour :
22.05.2019 Royal Albert Hall London, UK
22.06.2019 Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
23.06.2019 Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, Netherlands
03.07.2019 St. Peter at Sunset Kelzenholz, Switzerland

Offlinecvstahl

• Local Hero
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2019, 08:37:28 PM »

Yes but like i wrote on previous page, the Valencia recording has different FLAC settings.. perhaps this one is "genuine"?  :thumbsup

Perhaps and hopefully so.

There is software that can analyze files to see if they are from lossless origin or upsampled......so possibly test the Valencia files.

The company selling the shows though should be made to redo the show (At least Barcelona)  properly and not be given a pass on what they sent out. It’s not like this concept of selling live shows from a tour is a new thing. It’s been around for at least 14-15 years now and companies like Nugs.net have it down on how to do it properly and others can follow their roadmap easily.

People shouldn’t feel worried about complaining that the company doing this is demonstrating incompetence and that MK will simply say we’ll stop doing it because it’s a hassle. I’m sure they want to know if the good, loyal fans are getting taken advantage of and they, MK team has the ability to tell the company, make it right or we’ll go to another vendor to do this job.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:40:17 PM by cvstahl »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2019, 08:38:58 PM »
Download arrived too!! Awfully good too!!! Wooooooohoooooo!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2019, 08:59:50 PM »
As Mark‘s Instagram account shows, the show tonight will also be available for download :)
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2019, 09:05:01 PM »
As Mark‘s Instagram account shows, the show tonight will also be available for download :)

Hope it's true and not another mistake from Management/Communication dept
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2019, 09:16:07 PM »

Only in mp3 though:)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2019, 09:30:16 PM »
According to Audiochecker, the Valencia FLACs look OK  :thumbsup

Offlinecvstahl

• Local Hero
« Reply #268 on: May 21, 2019, 09:48:10 PM »
According to Audiochecker, the Valencia FLACs look OK  :thumbsup

To verify the accuracy......put the Barcelona files in audio checker and see what it says.

Also......take an mp3 file just to confirm it calls out a file to be lossy that you already know is lossy.

Aside from that......happy that the initial check by audiochecker says that Valencia files are not lossy

OfflinePouydu

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2019, 09:50:01 PM »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 39 queries.