Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: DTRW - Bonus vinyl tracks!!  (Read 75457 times)

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
Re: DTRW - Bonus vinyl tracks!!
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2019, 03:29:35 PM »
That's exactly what I'm thinking as well. I've bought them all over the years including things like Dunblane single. But I'm not buying LP box that I have absolutely no use for just to get 3 songs that are otherwise not available. And for the first time ever I'm really on the ropes and it's entirely possible that I don't even buy a standard CD. There, I said it. I just found out a month ago that there was s super deluxe edition set of Privateering with 3 extra songs that I was not aware of and I really like Follow the Ribbon. And that only happened because I was too lazy to rip my own CDs and decided to just go for an illegal download (not sure if it's actually so illegal if you have hard copies anyway). And to my surprise I got more than expected.

If I have to chase the songs around instead of being able to get them all easily for a reasonable amount of money then I'm not paying for them. That's my new policy as of 2019. Happy New Year!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2019, 05:16:17 PM »
Those who bought the deluxe box and your code is not working, is not here where you have to ask for the bonus tracks but to the "sound of vinyl" mail they provide when you enter the code, they are amending the download to everybody in order to get the 19 songs you paid for.

The rest of people asking for that bonus tracks, I guess that they are people who decided for the standard cd (14 songs), the deluxe (16 songs) or the LP (13 songs)...

Both cd versions didn't come with the bonus tracks, so you made your choice to save money and get less songs, and you got what you paid for. Trying to get songs for free from people who paid for them is not nice but, good luck, but I think it's unrespectful to the fans that really paid the most expensive version to get that extra tracks and ask them for free. This is a free world, of course.

The LP comes with a download code for that 13 songs and some people are getting the 19 if they ask for them to the "sound of vinyl" mail, which I think it's unfair to those who paid the most expensive edition to get that 19 songs, but lucky them.

I can't cope with overpriced deluxe boxes for just being able of listening to three bonus tracks. I think this is unfair toward people that just  love MK music, they should be allowed to access to it at a FAIR price. This is only  dirty trick to sell expensive product - I don't play that game.

Can't agree more.  I don't want pictures, poker chips or whatever.  I also have no need for sheet music as I don't read music and vinyl as I don't have a record player.  I don't want to have to find room to store the damn thing either!  In these times all this is bad for our environment too.  I would gladly pay a little extra for the bonus songs but I don't need all this extra needless paraphernalia. It's all marketing crap really.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:19:12 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2019, 05:32:05 PM »
I feel exactly the same.   I would have loved to have had the three bonus songs on the Deluxe CD, even if it cost more.   It is ridiculous that we expect those who have paid a lot of money for the box set to send them to us.   I only bought a box set once - Get Lucky, but never again, because it is just full of stuff I don't want!    ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDavidD

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2019, 08:27:14 AM »
I can't cope with overpriced deluxe boxes for just being able of listening to three bonus tracks. I think this is unfair toward people that just  love MK music, they should be allowed to access to it at a FAIR price. This is only  dirty trick to sell expensive product - I don't play that game.

How's that any different that automobile sales, you can get the baseline or the one with all the trimmings -- maybe a little better handling or power, or some useless bells and whistles like faux chrome trim?

It's business, not charity, after all.  I still don't like it and yet I bought the trimmings, too.  I guess I do play that game  :hmm 

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #289 on: January 12, 2019, 12:43:37 PM »

How's that any different that automobile sales, you can get the baseline or the one with all the trimmings -- maybe a little better handling or power, or some useless bells and whistles like faux chrome trim?

It's business, not charity, after all.  I still don't like it and yet I bought the trimmings, too.  I guess I do play that game  :hmm

Interesting comparison, however you can customise your new car to an extent by buying the standard model and adding extras from the optional extras list.  If we could perhaps have bought the bonus tracks from iTunes or the official site then even that would've been okay, but we didn't even have the option of an optional extra!  Unless you bought the box you still have to wind your windows down!   :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #290 on: January 12, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
I agree with dmg about that. The ideal is that they let the fans to buy the extras separately, for those who are only interested in the music, and let the extra CDs or vinyls etc for the collectors.

They would had sell quite a lot in digital stores...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinebuskadi

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2019, 07:32:15 PM »
Someone can pass me the three tracks of the vinyl. The ones I have ,have a very annoying sharp sound. Can you  send me a private please with the tracks . Thanksssss

OfflineMontandon

• Guitar George
« Reply #292 on: March 22, 2019, 03:14:05 AM »
My box set arrived today, beautiful piece!
But the download code gave me only 16 tracks...its so frustating.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:16:17 AM by Montandon »

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #293 on: March 22, 2019, 08:51:01 AM »

Send an email and ask for the others songs. That worked to all of us

When you enter to their site to redeem your code there is a mail there in case you need help.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineMontandon

• Guitar George
« Reply #294 on: March 22, 2019, 01:34:27 PM »

Send an email and ask for the others songs. That worked to all of us

When you enter to their site to redeem your code there is a mail there in case you need help.

Thanks for the help Jbaent.
I sent the email and now waiting the answer.

OfflineMontandon

• Guitar George
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2019, 02:48:20 AM »
How long to get some answer? Passed 2 days no response... :disbelief

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2019, 09:08:48 AM »
How long to get some answer? Passed 2 days no response... :disbelief

They are very slow sometimes... Had to wait 6-7 days recently....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 37 queries.