Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 24/96 or 24/19) digital release of DTRW?  (Read 19313 times)

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
Re: 24/96 or 24/19) digital release of DTRW?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »
Herlock will be relieved to hear that Guy has described a hi res issue of DTRW as being 'on the back burner'. In other words, it ain’t going to happen, even though he’d earlier said it would. A bit like playing BotDF live, I suppose!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2019, 01:05:41 AM »
24/96 ?
we are lucky to have the cd version, after the kemper used by MK we could get only a 320k mp3 for the next album with a Zoom or Digitech instead of the Kemper
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »
24/96 ?
we are lucky to have the cd version, after the kemper used by MK we could get only a 320k mp3 for the next album with a Zoom or Digitech instead of the Kemper

Stop it PensaGhost, you're starting to list the contents of my teenage bedroom  ;D  :D.....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2019, 10:30:25 AM »
Herlock will be relieved to hear that Guy has described a hi res issue of DTRW as being 'on the back burner'. In other words, it ain’t going to happen, even though he’d earlier said it would. A bit like playing BotDF live, I suppose!
I'm not relieved. I just completely don't care :)
Well this does not apply to BOTDF live. That is sad...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »
The US tour had not begun yet.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »
The US tour had not begun yet.

Stay tuned

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2019, 03:07:49 PM »
24/96 ?

Stop it PensaGhost, you're starting to list the contents of my teenage bedroom  ;D  :D.....

MK is going in that direction unfortunately  ;D ;D
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2019, 11:17:54 PM »
24/96 ?

Do you really think the kempers are that bad? I got hold of one myself through work just over a year ago and I have to say for what they are they are impressive and take amp modeling to a whole new space I never believed was possible.

To me it's a bit like the evolution of computer drums. Having run my own recording studio for way too many years I hated anything to do with synthetic drums, they were man's biggest evil, but then from about 15 years or so ago hearing what was possible with the latest itterations of Steinberg groove agent, addictive drums, and numerous other brilliant bits of software since I have to say that now I rarely ever use live drums. They take too long to set up, the mic placements can be a nightmare, and why go to the trouble when I can get better results with 30 minutes midi programming which can be tweaked and altered right down to the smallest of details right up to final mix....

The kempers are definitely a game changer. Just interested in the thoughts of a fellow musician....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 11:20:48 PM by 2manyguitars »

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2019, 11:44:40 PM »
24/96 ?

Do you really think the kempers are that bad? I got hold of one myself through work just over a year ago and I have to say for what they are they are impressive and take amp modeling to a whole new space I never believed was possible.

To me it's a bit like the evolution of computer drums. Having run my own recording studio for way too many years I hated anything to do with synthetic drums, they were man's biggest evil, but then from about 15 years or so ago hearing what was possible with the latest itterations of Steinberg groove agent, addictive drums, and numerous other brilliant bits of software since I have to say that now I rarely ever use live drums. They take too long to set up, the mic placements can be a nightmare, and why go to the trouble when I can get better results with 30 minutes midi programming which can be tweaked and altered right down to the smallest of details right up to final mix....

The kempers are definitely a game changer. Just interested in the thoughts of a fellow musician....

they are impressive for any amateur player, with only 2k euros you can have lots of high quality amps, it's great from that point of view yes but it's just ridiculous that a guitar legend tours with a kemper

when I was at the concert in Milan I immediately understood there was some crap going on, first time for the last 30 years I have heard that from MK

even Guy Fletcher admitted that they do not sound like a real amp few days ago in his forum

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2019, 07:59:17 PM »
24/96 ?

they are impressive for any amateur player, with only 2k euros you can have lots of high quality amps, it's great from that point of view yes but it's just ridiculous that a guitar legend tours with a kemper

when I was at the concert in Milan I immediately understood there was some crap going on, first time for the last 30 years I have heard that from MK

even Guy Fletcher admitted that they do not sound like a real amp few days ago in his forum

I do understand what you mean....

If you get the chance to mess about with a Kemper take it and you'll see why perhaps  the touring artist would choose to use them over the bespoke amp route. I agree with you that you can never truly replace a proper rig but these things (just like computer drum technology) are getting dangerously close.....

Wonder if anyone has done some blind tests using the kempers and equivalent rigs?

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2019, 10:37:03 PM »
My Bacon Roll is faded out but at the very end of the fade you can hear that it has a "proper" ending. What kind of art is that?

LE

I always had this suspicion that How Long also had a proper ending but they just faded out on top of it.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.