Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Local Hero Musical - The Official Release  (Read 22663 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Local Hero Musical - The Official Release
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2021, 11:38:41 AM »
I can't wait to hear to which theatre, if they found any, they are moving the musical. I read somewhere that in the London's West End there are almost 40 theaters so I hope they have luck and found a spot in one of them, specially because it looks like the release of a cd depend on it.

LH is a rather charming and intimate production which calls for a smaller theatre space like in Edinburgh.
I think that's why they opted for the Old Vic.

The Old Vic in London has a capacity of 1.067 people, and the Lyceum in Edinburgh has 658 seats.

Most of the West End theaters have a capacity similar to the Lyceum and a lot of are bigger than the Old Vic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_End_theatre#List_of_West_End_theatres

They have the numbers of tickets sold for the Old Vic which could be a guide to which of those theaters, thinking in their capacity, would suit better. Unless the only important thing should be availability, which is the most important, of course!

Anyway, I really can't wait for news about it! The Old Vic already revealed his programme for season 2021/2022 and thinking that the Royal Albert Hall said that in July they would be allowed to open for acts at full capacity, I guess that all theaters would reveal soon their upcomings seasons.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 11:44:06 AM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2021, 09:25:00 AM »
I’ve not had any communication from the Old Vic, though I’ve been sitting on a pair of expensive tickets for a very long time. Has anyone received refunds, or info on refunds? This sounds like a huge shame, but hopefully a phoenix will arise from the ashes. I’m feeling very glad I met the trip up to Edinburgh to see it twice!
Turned out I had been sent the cancellation email, but it had gone into spam. I’m on the case now.

In fairness, once I’d found the spammed email, I had a refund quickly. The helpful box office guy also indicated that it was possible that it might be put on at the Old Vic in a year or two, but social distancing made a musical impractical in the near future.

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2021, 10:02:49 AM »
I’ve not had any communication from the Old Vic, though I’ve been sitting on a pair of expensive tickets for a very long time. Has anyone received refunds, or info on refunds? This sounds like a huge shame, but hopefully a phoenix will arise from the ashes. I’m feeling very glad I met the trip up to Edinburgh to see it twice!
Turned out I had been sent the cancellation email, but it had gone into spam. I’m on the case now.

In fairness, once I’d found the spammed email, I had a refund quickly. The helpful box office guy also indicated that it was possible that it might be put on at the Old Vic in a year or two, but social distancing made a musical impractical in the near future.

What I understood from Guy is that the company is looking for another theater, actually if you look at the schedule of other theaters right now, there are some musicals scheduled to happen this year:

https://tickets.london/theatre-tickets?lang=es-ES&_ga=2.84180890.243556078.1621242072-1652347935.1620648281#googtrans(es)&ref=nav

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2021, 09:37:58 AM »
The helpful box office guy also indicated that it was possible that it might be put on at the Old Vic in a year or two, but social distancing made a musical impractical in the near future.

This sounds like we might have to wait for quite some time to get news about the musical.

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2021, 09:56:26 AM »
The helpful box office guy also indicated that it was possible that it might be put on at the Old Vic in a year or two, but social distancing made a musical impractical in the near future.

This sounds like we might have to wait for quite some time to get news about the musical.

I insist that a lot of musicals are scheduled in many theaters in London, check my last post link.

I also undertand from Guy's answers that they are looking for, or already found, other theater for it. As I also said there are around 40 theaters in the West End in London, some of them already scheduling musicals for this summer, autumm...

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2021, 10:08:55 AM »

I insist that a lot of musicals are scheduled in many theaters in London, check my last post link.

I also undertand from Guy's answers that they are looking for, or already found, other theater for it. As I also said there are around 40 theaters in the West End in London, some of them already scheduling musicals for this summer, autumm...

I had hopes that a musical reschedule was already fixed and they would come up with alternative new dates once the Old Vic would announce the cancellation.
I had these hopes because of MK usually beeing busy with other future projects (hopefully another tour...).
Also, what might be something to look forward to is that for both the Edinburgh and the London dates the presales started many many months ahead. Maybe we get some news before the end of this year.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2021, 10:20:09 AM »
They will have sunk millions into creating this musical, they will want to recoup their investment, believe me.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2021, 10:30:24 AM »

I had hopes that a musical reschedule was already fixed and they would come up with alternative new dates once the Old Vic would announce the cancellation.
I had these hopes because of MK usually beeing busy with other future projects (hopefully another tour...).
Also, what might be something to look forward to is that for both the Edinburgh and the London dates the presales started many many months ahead. Maybe we get some news before the end of this year.

The Old Vic already announced the cancellation to the buyers. I don't think they would do a further anouncement.

In the other side, Guy said some weeks ago that news regarding the musical and the cd were TBA. My guess is that they already have other venue and they are waiting to the theaters to announce their new season. The Old Vic already did that.

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2021, 12:40:48 PM »
Just had a call from the Old Vic to arrange the refund and they said to me the same, that maybe in a year or two they can have Local hero at the Old Vic because of the restrictions blah blah blah

I don't think the musical can wait until next season (2022-2023) as Dusty said, they invested a lot of money on it and that's too long wait not for us fans but for them. I'm sure they are searching or already have an alternative venue for this upcoming season.  I guess they need to recover part of their investment as soon as possible and can't wait until the Old Vic has availability.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 37 queries.